=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 09:16 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

World Eaters should get those big rollers orks tend to put on the front of their vehicles, would just look awesome imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 09:27 PM

yostu's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Yes, it's totally obvious. Since FW has never had a model progress to plastic and be included in a codex.

Well, except for Valkyries... and Piranhas...and Venerable Dreads... and Manticores...and etc.

I jsut cannot wait until I can field my Chaos again without feeling like GKs or SWs are so OP. As with the IG book, it will be sweet to hear the cries of "Cheeese!!!" for my Chaos.
I mean that this one is a NEW thing.. If it will come out from GW surely it wont be out so near.. That's all, in my opinion..

..everithing is good.. in hive fleet stomach..
post #43 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
I do love all the enthusiasm that old and new Chaos players have towards our hopefully soon release! Dreadnoughts become useful again is a huge hit with me! (i have 18)

As far as trying to figure out what really is coming out, I did have a thought...i know my buddies mentioned seeing new bikers, but I was a bit "hopeful" that something I mentioned to Phil a couple years ago may come to fruit...Attack Bikers for Chaos, with Reaper Auto-cannons!!! It'd be fluffy in the sense that it's keeping with our themed weaponry as well as makes sense for us to have something "Imperial" yet not quite...heavy bolters or upgraded to Reaper Auto-cannons!

Emperor's Children: My much hated and loathed rivals! LOL! Well...don't rely to heavily on Lash of Submission, as it really comes in line with the current version in the Daemons Codex, which includes only being able to affect a unit once per turn. (FINALLY!) If they kept the vehicle Legion specific upgrades in, then you'll have some cool Dreads and Predators, and "possibly" a new heavier sonic weapon than has a chance to crack Land Raiders. Maybe Rending? Not sure.

I'm soooooo very much looking forward to some new models! Forge World has kept me quite happy (both in Fantasy and 40K), but it'd be nice to have a bunch of new plastic models to chop up and convert and paint and send to war!

IF what i've been told is the 100% truth, we could see Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive), Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive), Chaos Assault Marines (average), and Raptors!!! Speed kills...

AND, on the subject of Chaos Assault Marines...IF the Cult Marines gain access to Jump Pack upgrades (moving their slot), how cool and useful and bad ass would that be?!??!??! Death Guard hopping forward to assault and "flame" up enemy squads? Berzerkers that can get their quickly, collecting skullz along the way? OH...and super psycher Thousand Sons within range of their new powers? If they keep AP3 bolters...ouch!

Ahhhhhh...really wish I knew more!

post #44 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 02:11 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Scouting Land Raiders full of meta-gamed Chosen????!!!! LOL!
I could have so much fun with this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #45 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 06:41 AM

I do like the idea of having multi codexes to cover just about everything

1, a generic codex to cover non-legion stuff
2, three codexes to cover the legions, and last but not least
3, a codex to cover renegades and the like.

Also previously mentioned, i actually want a flood of Chaos kits, it would be better to drown in a flood of new releases that to literally die of being drip fed over 5 years.

GW needs to get out as much stuff as quick as it can, then move onto the next army.

Why do folks automatically assume that Oblits will come out in Finecast, i have as yet read that this is not a given. I see absolutely no reason to why Oblits can't come out as a three Oblit plastic box set with plenty of parts to cusomise your Oblits, if they come out in Finecast you remove the option to customise your Oblits the way you want. My gut feeling is that they'll come out as plastic and in a 3 x boxed set for about $97.00 not bad really.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #46 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 01:35 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ah I hope the planned changes to Rage do not happen. I like my games of chase the Hornet I play with the local BA Death Company at my store.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #47 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Another small note by theDarkGeneral
Quote:
Most of the game costing you randomness is gone, so we'll be able to once again control our Legions with a bloody iron gauntlet! Possessed will be much more dangerous, and as such a viable unit again. I believe a character model allows one or more units to be taken as a Troop.
Quote:
Possessed could end up much like the Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, which pick two different abilities from a decent lust, before the battle. I'd much prefer simply paying X pts a model for rending if I want it, or keep the models basic and thus cheaper points wise. This is a much better option for us, allowing fexibility.

I've not ignored the questions on Dread Claws, or super sonic speeders, truth is I doubt what i've been told. It's interesting to note that as with many Apocalypse pkastic kits, some were made for "big" things but never released do to 6 sprue count problem and market decline. I believe for Chaos we're really in for a treat ;-)

Some of the sketch work i've been privy to has me saving all my extra cash for the release!!! Someone recently asked me if I was more excited about the Codex or the new models...i'm a Mega-Apocalypse Event organizer and player, so new models get me pumped! The new Codex will be awesome and extend story lines, grant us new rules like improved Havoc Launckers, but there will always be those "sour grapes" complaining their Legion or unit or army design got screwed...ugh...these players aren't true followers of Chaos, and will get ridiculed heavily from me!

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-22-12 at 04:57 PM.
post #48 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-22-12, 06:03 PM

If they give us plastic dreadclaws akin to those blind loyalist fools, I will consider the new codex a triumph.
post #49 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-22-12, 06:43 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

The dark general seems so exited that he is dropping spelling mistakes left and right, most be one hell of a codex.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #50 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-22-12, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
The dark general seems so exited that he is dropping spelling mistakes left and right, most be one hell of a codex.
Yupp, so awesome it makes people have spelling errors left right and center!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode