=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 11:19 PM
Rattlehead

I don't remember the specifics, but some characters are no-goes for GW. They may have abolished that policy a while ago, but AFIK it's still there in some form or another. Abaddon has had rules since 2nd ed, before they started writing the Horus Heresy, so he might be an exception,

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 06:42 PM

yostu's Flag is: Italy

Is obvious that caos engine wont be in new dex.. it is just popped up from fw.. so surely we wont see it in normal gw rules

..everithing is good.. in hive fleet stomach..
post #33 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 06:52 PM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

If they don't makea plastic Noise Marine kit (which we could really do with considering the heavy weapons options) surely they'd have to transfer the current noise marine upgrades to finecast.

Please check out my Daemons of Chaos project log!

A member of the !!FailHammer!! Podcast team

post #34 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 11:40 PM

Mole120's Flag is: England

Has anyone said about if night lords will get night fighting/acute senses rule, the clue is kinda in the name

Check out My youtube for 40K Batreps, how to paints. and Xbox/PC Gaming

Blood For The Blood God
Milk For The Khorne Flakes
post #35 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-18-12, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Dont know how reliable theDarkGeneral is but this rumour is interesting none the less, updating info to reflect it
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
The new Codex is done, and yeah, it should be leaving the printers shortly, to be stored up in ware houses for distribution within the next couple of months. As for models, apparently 4 waves are planned...there's a lot of Chaos to be covered. With the Daemons to be redone sometime next year (2013) for both 40K and Fantasy, we'll see the new Greater Daemon models then.

Interesting that vehicle upgrades have been brought up, especially for Legion specific types of weapons, and apparently we do get some similar to the old "3.5" codex in these. Poisoned flamers for Nurgle, higher strength/lower AP for Tzeentch, sonic weaponry for Slaanesh and brutal blades for Khorne? Raptors are Night Lords, where as Assault Marines are all Legions and can be marked.

As i've already mentioned, HQs will have an affect on the types of units/marks available to your Army. IF 6th Edition returns to Percentages, the Codex will make more sense...
post #36 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 08:48 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

post #37 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The last part of this is interesting yet contradicting at the same time.
Quote:
Hmmmm...i do hope players understand that the Codex is meant to do two things; firstly it's going to allow all us "older vet" players the ability to once again field a Chaos Space Marine Army that feels and plays like a specific Legion like they used to, secondly it's still going to allow very fexible builds for those accuctomed to the current Codex. HQs "unlock" units in the sense of what they count as, wargear upgrades for squads and vehicles, daemonic access, and perhsps even unit sizes.

The codex will be in the ware houses within couple months, wish I could for sure say May is their sneak peek...

Chosen and Possessed probably have the biggest overhaul of all units. The fact that you can probably take Chosen as a bodyguard unit and count towards you HQs will greatly free up Elites points...
post #38 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yostu View Post
Is obvious that caos engine wont be in new dex.. it is just popped up from fw.. so surely we wont see it in normal gw rules
Yes, it's totally obvious. Since FW has never had a model progress to plastic and be included in a codex.

Well, except for Valkyries... and Piranhas...and Venerable Dreads... and Manticores...and etc.

I jsut cannot wait until I can field my Chaos again without feeling like GKs or SWs are so OP. As with the IG book, it will be sweet to hear the cries of "Cheeese!!!" for my Chaos.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #39 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 03:55 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
As with the IG book, it will be sweet to hear the cries of "Cheeese!!!" for my Chaos.
Twil be glorious music to my ears...

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #40 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Some more from theDarkGeneral, he/she mentions the Rage rule. I really dont like the current Rage rule as a Sisters of Battle player with both of my favourite units in 40k having it, Sisters Repentia and Penitent Engines, I did however really like the Rage rule in the "Heretics Rulebook" (aka 6E leak).

Here is how that works:
Rage: You can move as you want but if you come within 12" of a VISIBLE unit you have to do a morale check at the start of the movement phase. If failed you must charge and assault the nearest visible unit. For every raging model lost in the unit the roll is modified by -1. Ignores the rule while broken, embarked or no enemy visible.

Quote:
"If" Rage returns for World Eater units, it'll be governed by the old rule already mentioned, where each unit simply takes a Ld test at the beginning of the turn. Failure means you move towards and assault if possible the closest visible enemy unit (that can be assaulted).

Chain Axe talk has come up again...i believe they had two ideas of revamping them...first was giving them rending, the second was +1 strength. Time will tell if either made it into the new Codex.

Speaking of the Codex, I know I always refer to it as Chaos Legions Codex, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's correct. It's just what i've come to refer it to, as it was originally a project that was to be 3 separate Codexes (i know codices is grammatically correct, but I don't care) that were to delve deeper into the the original Traitor Legions and many of their off shoots.

Balance of power? Well...there well be plenty of power, however unless you're playing Apocalypse games, most units can't move from Elite to Troop or Fast, etc. Imagine an Iron Warriors player (bringing a Warsmith HQ) that can take Havocs as either Heavy OR Elite OR both???? I'm not sure on this, but it was mentioned to me.

Alpha Legion, well...as i've mentioned over a month back, will more then likely have lots of Infiltrating abilities that pass on to transports. Scouting Land Raiders full of meta-gamed Chosen????!!!! LOL!

I do really hope I can get more info on the possible NEW Predator upgrades!!! I hope I'm not being yanked by my boyz on this!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode