=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 38 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #371 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 06:14 PM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
How reliable is Grant with rumors?
Edit: Snap fire with flamers sounds op!
I've never heard of him until he started posting rumors in the comments section of that particular blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 06:19 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I've never heard of Grant before these rumors, so I can't say if he has got any credibility or not.

That said, its from the Faeit212 blog... and they've got a very hit and miss reliability record.

I'm inclined to call bull, simply because Overwatch and 'Snap fire' will benefit the 'stand and fire' type of army too greatly. Being pretty much able to shoot anything they moves when its not your turn seems completely OP'ed for 40k and would cause far too much inbalence.

Overwatch your heavy weapons... 'Oh look, his tanks out of cover' BLAMM!
Assault squad charges a bunch of necrons with Tesla carbines.... BLAMM! Assault troops gone.

I'm saying their wrong on logical and balence grounds.
post #373 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Overwatch: If you chose to not fire your weapons in your shooting phase the unit may enter overwatch. They may now shoot at any number of units that move within 12" of the unit in overwatch.

Snap Fire = REACTION FIRE (OPTIONAL) from Zone Mortalis
The confined spaces of a Zone Mortalis make for deadly, close range fire-fights, where a split second reaction may be enough to gun down an enemy rushing out from the darkness before death strikes you down. In order to represent this, this special rule allows units being assaulted a chance to fire their shooting weapons when they are assaulted — if they’re fast enough!

• Only units not already engaged in close combat may attempt reaction fire.
• Only pistol, assault and rapid fire weapons may be used for reaction fire attacks. Heavy weapons may only be used for reaction fire attacks if the model carrying them has the Relentless special rule.
• A unit may only make a single reaction fire attack against the first unit they are assaulted by in any given turn.
• A reaction fire attack is made after an assault is declared, but before assaulting models have moved. Casualties resulting from reaction fire may cause an assault to fail.

Making a Reaction Fire Attack: In order to make a reaction fire attack, the unit in question must first roll equal to or under its majority Initiative score on a D6. If successful it may fire its weapons at the assaulting enemy, just as it would in the Shooting phase but at -1 BS (minimum BS 1). Template weapons are used as normal if the Initiative test is successful.
A unit may not use the Counter Attack special rule if it has used reaction fire.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 05-06-12 at 06:59 PM.

post #374 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:11 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow, Snap Fire benefits Marines over most Xenos, what a surprise...
post #375 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:16 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

My god these rumors are all over the place. If even 50% prove to be real the next edition of the CSM codex will something completely alien to most CSM players.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #376 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 11:08 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
My god these rumors are all over the place. If even 50% prove to be real the next edition of the CSM codex will something completely alien to most CSM players.
Chaos Kroot?
post #377 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 11:13 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

Are those Kroot that ate a Possessed and are now Daemonified?
post #378 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 11:56 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
These rumors are getting curiouser and curiouser.

But strangely, the game might be a lot more like it was back when I started in the early 90's. The game really doesn't need overwatch to return. Overwatch slowed the game down and was not nearly precise enough back in 2nd.

I'd like to see save modifiers back in 40k, but otherwise - it could be in a much worse place, rule-set wise.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #379 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:31 AM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Wow, Snap Fire benefits Marines over most Xenos, what a surprise...
I don't know about that. If the Snapfire rule is legit, how many people will think twice about assaulting an IG squad with 4 flamers in it? Granted IG is not Xenos, but still.

I wonder if Snapfire could be combined with Bladestorm for Dire Avengers....
post #380 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:55 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

It can't be combined with Counter Attack, so unlikely. Also, why would an IG squad of over 5 models have 4 Flamers? And if it's that small, just shoot it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode