=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 12:25 AM

stuff's Flag is: Scotland

I have to say I doubt they will remodel many of the kits that are already in finecast. I would say that noise marines and thousand sons are most likely to be getting new models, as both contain metal bits and haven't been on the shelves in any GW I have visited for months.

I think the above 2 and dreadnoughts are most likely to get new models. i think obliterators will not be remodelled but will be released in finecast. A few characters for the different legions maybe re-released in finecast and some new characters for the legions that haven't been so central in the previous codexes.

I think there will most likely only be one book again, but with more variation allowing you to build more heavily themed armies. As much as I want a complete overhaul I can't see it coming...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 04:26 AM

I personally would love to see chaos dexes get broken up like the marines have. Undivided gets their own book so more akin to smurfs and the other dedicated legions get their own dex much like wolves blood angles ect ect. To me this makes more sense and would allow for far more diversity among the chaos forces. seriously these guys have had 10000 years to build whatever their twisted minds could come up with and all we get is the most basic stripped down versions of smurf gear and junk demons.
post #23 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 08:45 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ahh, thinking of the new character rumours, if we didn't get a new Ragnar, Grimnar, Ulrik or Techmarine sculpt, some of the oldest sculpts in the line, I can't see us getting a new Kharn, Abadon or oblitorators either...

post #24 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 10:03 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
So how many new plastic kits do you think we'll see?
The numbers stack up pretty fast but I guess it's possible, personally I think we'll see something like the space wolves kit where you get a buttload of bits to make your models with.

I dont really think it's feasible for them to have 4 boxes for most new units, heck it'd be 5 boxes for different Bike units, 4 boxes for the riders if those a true. We'd be looking at 20+ new boxes and I dont think they'd do that.
Its hard to guess these days, GW could in theory go completely bonkers with chaos, the range has the to potential to spawn numerous plastic kits, Even without including any never before seen units and not recutting anything they could fill up at least two release months just moving things like dreads,havocs,raptors,deathguard,thousand sons,noise marines,night lords from metal to plastic, then chuck in some finecast stuff like oblits and characters and you already have a massive release, then when you start looking outside the box to never seen before stuff like assault berserkers you could have stuff coming out for months. But that said chaos does actually deserve that kind of range, chaos in theory should be as varied if not more varied than the loyalist chapters, it really depends on GW and how much variety they want to include into the model range, Personally i think the chaos marine range is looking dated, berserkers could use a resculpt as they are very dated, the chaos marines themselves are dated,the sprues were recut for the last codex but the sculpts were the same as the old ones. The terminators are relatively new so i cant see much happeneing there but personally i think they look awful, i would always use the FW upgrade pack to give them something extra.

I have always thought the last chaos codex was a filler codex, it was poorly received and was a shadow of what chaos marines should be about, it felt like a half assed codex designed to fill a gap while GW really worked on something special for chaos, dont forget chaos is a very very large and important part of 40k, marine vs marine, brother vs brother, the heresy etc etc these things are the most influential fluff in the game and chaos marines have always been great sellers (well until the last codex) and allow peoples imaginations to run riot in terms of building themed armies,writing fluff and model making and converting, you only have to look at some of the amazing stuff FW have produced in the last 5 years to see that chaos fans are still there and GW will know that and will want to cash in.

If chaos marines are in the pipeline i think its gonna be a big deal and if they are included in the 40k box set then we will be sick of them by this time next year as they will be shoved down our throats from all angles, but rightly so they deserve a big relaunch more than any other army in my opinion.

My only concern is that GW dont put the models out quickly enough, the back lash for the second wave of nids and space wolves was justified and if GW do the same again we are gonna see third party companies pumping out quick and dirty kits to cash in yet again, GW should put out the codex and release all never before seen units with it and then the second wave should be the stuff that gets recut sprues,finecasted or new versions of old models like a plastic dread,raptors,havocs etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 03-16-12 at 10:10 AM.
post #25 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 11:19 AM

Count_the_Seven's Flag is: Scotland

Bits, I like reading your stuff and I think you know a lot about what's happening (at least speculating from a sound base!), but have noticed in this thread you keep referring to DG going plastic from metal - I'm sure they went Finecast last May, so surely they'll stay as Finecast?

Hope so anyway...

CtS
post #26 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 12:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_the_Seven View Post
Bits, I like reading your stuff and I think you know a lot about what's happening (at least speculating from a sound base!), but have noticed in this thread you keep referring to DG going plastic from metal - I'm sure they went Finecast last May, so surely they'll stay as Finecast?

Hope so anyway...

CtS
Trust me i just speculate, im no more informed than the next guy, but i watch GW much more closely than most do, i have to because of what i do.
The deathguard is an interesting point, yes they have become fine cast recently which some would say would mean they will stay that way, but i would counter that with the hive tyrant, he was fine cast for a very short time (so short im lumbered with one) too, IF GW decided to actually do legion codex then i would say DG would feature very heavily for Nurgle and there fore would likely get a plastic kit, Nurgle is for many chaos fans the number one chaos god, Khorne gets alot of attention but Nurgle will always be popular, look at FW they have 2 sets of chaos marine upgrades, world eaters and Nurgle, they also have alot of Nurgle related models in the range too, I would expect GW to release Nurgle marines of some sort in plastic, they may not be Deathguard but could be used as such.

Dont forget fine cast molds go to shit quite quickly so if something is a good seller in fine cast i can see it moving to plastic, I can see a much quicker shift to plastic in the future for many things including characters, Warhammer fantasy already has a number of single plastic characters in blisters, i could see that being the future for 40k in the long run too, even the new characters we are seeing released in fine cast were likely sculpted assuming they would be cast in metal and many of the old sculpts in fine cast are just stop gaps until someone bothers or cares enough to replace them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #27 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 01:02 PM

Count_the_Seven's Flag is: Scotland

Interesting points there, Bits... I'm a DG player/painter myself but haven't bought any Finecast PM yet. If they are to go to plastic, does that not place a big question over Finecast generally, if some models have already moved to it?

The moulds issue must be a serious one, I understood moulds to be quite expensive to produce?

Anyway, big danger of going Off Topic here, so let's leave that aside and pick it up another time...

Arabest,

CtS
post #28 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 06:28 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Death guard will go rather nicely in my collection.

Any way has anyone got any one got any gen on the horus aximand mini or rules whether he's gonna be a watered down abaddon or abaddons getting beefed up and little horus is getting his old rules.

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #29 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 09:21 PM
Rattlehead

Little Horus won't be in it, because he's still being written about in the HH books, and he's a 30k character. I doubt that Aximand survives the Heresy, if I'm honest, as (correct me if I'm wrong) Abaddon would surely have him killed to secure power if he survived the many battles of the Heresy and Scouring. And I reiterate that I heard that GW can't publish characters until BL give them the say-so, and vice versa (BL can't kill off Vulkan He'Stan in the next Salamanders book, for example, because that shit doesn't go down well with fans).

I don't like the idea of a massive 5-book mega-release. Why? Because I like being a unique and special flower and don't want to see 90% of the player base playing Chaos Marines. If this does happen, I'll play them for a few months, but probably to GK if I don't like the hype.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #30 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 09:56 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Abaddon is still being written about though. I suppose I just want a mini because I like the character. That and the fact he got his face chainsawed off, you have to admire a man who survives that

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode