=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 29 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 12:48 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
I am curious, why do you put 'nids and Sisters as 'unbalanced'? They are my two primary armies and I do just fine with them. I'd say at worst, they are "take more skill" lists...
Tyranids and Sisters work fine until you play competitively in tournament scenarios - they tend to fail in the min/maxed vehicle saturated environment that is so common in competitive events, at least in North America (I don't attend European tournaments so I won't comment on what it's like there).

When you're playing against other people using fluffy/fun/non-optimized lists, they're pretty much perfectly fine and you can rely on player skill to overcome any slight differences in relative power level. It's only in specific situations where a book becomes mostly or even completely non-viable which is why it's kind of funny to look at the army list section and see people talk about how bad Sisters/Nids/Daemons are when 99% of people don't play in big tournies and never will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 12:50 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
As a rumour origionating from Blood of Kittens I can guarentee it'll be bollocks. He never gets anything right... yet people still rate him. Go figure.
He got about 90% of the necron rumours spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #283 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 01:03 AM

I wonder what elites Abaddon will unlock as troops. Chosen? Terminators? All 4 Cult Troops!?!?

post #284 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 01:12 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Legionare View Post
I wonder what elites Abaddon will unlock as troops. Chosen? Terminators? All 4 Cult Troops!?!?
Wouldn't be surprised to see any one of those honestly. Maybe he'll unlock a single unit of each Cult as Troops? So one unit of Zerks, one of Noise Marines and so on.
post #285 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 01:46 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Wasn't he also right about the sisters of battle to?

Edit:
I think Abaddon will unlock termies as troops.
post #286 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 02:46 AM

If he unlocks terminators... Oh boy, look out Draigo!
post #287 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 03:20 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Another reason for opposing the idea of unlocking units with HQ's is the fact CMS's would have the largest elites section of any army with 6-10 units in one slot, and only 2-3 in slots like fast, and troops. Which is just plain dumb.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #288 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 07:21 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
If I may - he's likely referring to the fact that Nids have few reliable anti-tank options, and they are all in the same slot. As good as Hive Guard are, they'd be FAR better if Zoanthropes could be taken alongside, diffusing enemy fire. The total inability of their Troops to seriously threaten vehicles also holds them back.
I do agree that elites are a tad crowded. However, every troops choice barring rippers has the capacity to take out 90% of tanks out there. You just can't reliably do it at range.

Anyway, back on topic...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #289 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 08:35 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
No.. he copied 90% of his necrons rumors from know reliable sources such as Stickmonkey and Harry who'd posted their stuff nearly a week before he did. The 10% of his 'unique' ones were completely wrong.

Everything he's ever 'gotten right' has already been posted by known reliable people. He just copies them and takes the credit. Yet if you look at the dates he posts stuff, its always after the aforementioned likes of Stickmonkey and Harry have posted their rumours on the same subject.

BoK is just a glory seeker. He got Grey Knights wrong, he got Dark Eldar wrong... and he claimed for the longest time that Sisters were getting a codex update, rather then the WD update they did get.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, everything posted on BoK and by tasteytaste is crap.
post #290 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 08:38 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
As for the mini-discussion about Special Characters being Unlocks, I think it's a GREAT idea. Gives us a reason to actually buy the things, rather than them haemorrhaging GW money languishing on the shelves, because people can simply say 'No, I think Special Characters are broken, and refuse to play against them!' - While generic ones are perfect in some cases (and I would prefer, for instance, the Khornate Legion HQ to be called a Blood Slaughterer, with Kharn the betrayer as an Upgrade Character to this HQ selection) overall having a reason to buy these usually overpriced underpowered but aesthetically pleasing figures is good.
I like this system too. I've always been a fan of themed lists, and having to take a certain character to unlock certain troop types, or to shift them to a better FoC slot is a good move.

Now as for characters, if I like the models I'll buy them just to paint, even if I may never use them. That or i'll just sub them in for a none SC version of their character as I'm intending to do with Serez and using him as just a normal Cryptek.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode