=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 05:39 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
He makes Sternguard scoring units and gives the entire army the Stubborn rule.

If Pedro isn't a great example, what about Crowe from the Grey Knight Codex? Would he be at literally every battle with more than a couple squads of Purifiers present? Probably not, yet he's required if you want a Purifier-heavy army. It's just how the game works these days, so I don't really get why Chaos players are surprised by the news.
I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I just think its a poor game mechanic. And I wouldn't make that case any differently as a chaos player or an eldar one. It ratchets up the static nature of armies, which I find disappointing.

I think its perfectly reasonable to have a character with no set options that becomes the X to take an army endowed with extra Y. The previous chaos codex did that, and I wish they gave every army that flexibility.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 08:26 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I just think its a poor game mechanic. And I wouldn't make that case any differently as a chaos player or an eldar one. It ratchets up the static nature of armies, which I find disappointing.

I think its perfectly reasonable to have a character with no set options that becomes the X to take an army endowed with extra Y. The previous chaos codex did that, and I wish they gave every army that flexibility.
Oh I agree with the general sentiment that the idea is a silly one, I'm just remarking on the apparent surprise I've seen among Chaos players here and elsewhere that their book will get the same treatment as everyone else.

I'd like to return to the days of more complex sub-armies as much as anybody, but it isn't looking likely to return anytime soon, if at all.
post #273 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 08:53 PM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

More rumors from totally unknown sources! Because we love unknown source, don't we?

Quote:
Imagine a dragon made of "fire" and coverd in a platemale armor and you won't be too far off. That is the best discription I can give.

Some of the concept art shows it mauling a valkyrie mid flight. It is pretty cool.
From the Faeit 212 blog.

My prediction:

With more flames. And it combines with the Dreadknight-equivalent and the not-dreadnought into Megabaddon.

post #274 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 09:43 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

As a rumour origionating from Blood of Kittens I can guarentee it'll be bollocks. He never gets anything right... yet people still rate him. Go figure.
post #275 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 09:56 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that once spoke with a GW manager that Horus is actually being brought back.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #276 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelZeros View Post
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that once spoke with a GW manager that Horus is actually being brought back.
Well I heard from my roomate's, pet's, best friend's, mom's, pen-pal that the emperor has actually fallen to Chaos, and is going to be inducted into the next codex. Oh, and GW is actually decreasing prices!
post #277 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 10:46 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you can't spell correctly, then I won't trust your rumours, mister anonymous source.

As for the mini-discussion about Special Characters being Unlocks, I think it's a GREAT idea. Gives us a reason to actually buy the things, rather than them haemorrhaging GW money languishing on the shelves, because people can simply say 'No, I think Special Characters are broken, and refuse to play against them!' - While generic ones are perfect in some cases (and I would prefer, for instance, the Khornate Legion HQ to be called a Blood Slaughterer, with Kharn the betrayer as an Upgrade Character to this HQ selection) overall having a reason to buy these usually overpriced underpowered but aesthetically pleasing figures is good.
post #278 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 10:54 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
40k can be played competitively without comp, most of the armies are balanced, minus nids and sisters, while some just take more skill to play competitively; Eldar and Tau.
I am curious, why do you put 'nids and Sisters as 'unbalanced'? They are my two primary armies and I do just fine with them. I'd say at worst, they are "take more skill" lists...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #279 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 11:04 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
I am curious, why do you put 'nids and Sisters as 'unbalanced'? They are my two primary armies and I do just fine with them. I'd say at worst, they are "take more skill" lists...
He may be referring to a tournament where their was over 200 players and their was not a single nid or sister player.
post #280 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 11:13 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
If I may - he's likely referring to the fact that Nids have few reliable anti-tank options, and they are all in the same slot. As good as Hive Guard are, they'd be FAR better if Zoanthropes could be taken alongside, diffusing enemy fire. The total inability of their Troops to seriously threaten vehicles also holds them back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode