=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 12:19 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

If the FoC is going, then 40k release day will see a MASSIVE FAQ go up online and in stores, to fix *every* other codex out there. That would explain the 'no other 40k releases this year' rumour, it would be making sure everything has settled with the adjustments and seeing how they work with the public before bringing out any other books with those changes in hardcopy. A new Tau or Eldar 'dex with things they've missed on such a huge change would be there for 4 - 5 years...

Though I am sceptical about huge change, I can also see it happening. The last big shake-up was 3rd Ed, and that was over 10 years ago. They did it with WHF, they can do it with 40k. And WHF hasn't "gone down the shitter", it's gone through the same player-base change 40k did with 2nd to 3rd. Those who don't like it leave, new people don't know any different.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 02:10 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

If Psychic powers become random again, that in of itself may be a reason to quit. I enjoy the game being balanced and competitive, and the only way an army can do that is if it is consistent. I'm not a child anymore, and bright lights, loud noises, and simply rolling shitfuls of dice is no longer what I'm after.

The fact that this rumour has come up again, combined with the FoC dropping, means I will not be making any more purchases for my Space Wolves until I see 6th for myself. Luckily, most is still on the sprue, and easier to sell on...
post #263 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:10 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

If those 6th ed rumours are true i fail to see how 40k can be a competitive game instead of the "roll dice and win" system that is 8th ed fantasy. That fucking sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory

post #264 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:25 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

These rules for sc will see more sales of said sc...in the more expensive finecast version no doubt....so makes perfect marketing sense.

I am the White Knight!

post #265 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:27 PM
Rattlehead

Nah, they'll make one or two of them good and the others suck, and the fact that to play a good army you need to take that SC you'll see loads of demand for one or two Cult troops and SCs, and next to none for the others. I mean, there's already a massive bias towards Khorne Berzerkers and Plague Marines over Thousand Sons and Noise Marines, this system will just exacerbate the problem.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #266 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:27 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
If those 6th ed rumours are true i fail to see how 40k can be a competitive game instead of the "roll dice and win" system that is 8th ed fantasy. That fucking sucks.
It's not been competitive for some time my friend, no gaming system is that takes 5 years to update armies!

I am the White Knight!

post #267 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:36 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric-Ashes View Post
I would say that your argument is slightly flawed since Pedro only unlocks veterans that are basicly just marines with slightly better armour and equipment.

Besides, it would make sense for the loyalist leaders to all have the same wargear since they follow the codex astartes. There is no codex nurglite that demands all Death Guard leaders to be scythe wielding, terminator armoured sorcerers.
He makes Sternguard scoring units and gives the entire army the Stubborn rule.

If Pedro isn't a great example, what about Crowe from the Grey Knight Codex? Would he be at literally every battle with more than a couple squads of Purifiers present? Probably not, yet he's required if you want a Purifier-heavy army. It's just how the game works these days, so I don't really get why Chaos players are surprised by the news.
post #268 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:38 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
It's not been competitive for some time my friend, no gaming system is that takes 5 years to update armies!
5th edition is the most competitive 40k has ever been. The system works, but they will change it to something that doesnt work instead of just fixing the minor errors in it.

40k can be played competitively without comp, most of the armies are balanced, minus nids and sisters, while some just take more skill to play competitively; Eldar and Tau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #269 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:47 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

I really doubt they'll be dropping the FoC. Why include it in the codexes that were dropped last year? They had to know at that point whether they were going to be even having a FoC. Though I'm not a big user of psykers in 40k, I can definitely see how it would suck. Though again, I don't see how this would be happening as those same codexes still let you pick and choose psychic powers and what not. I think many of the radical changes are going to turn out to be just rumors and won't actually materialize.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #270 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 04:48 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmuffin
5th edition is the most competitive 40k has ever been. The system works, but they will change it to something that doesnt work instead of just fixing the minor errors in it.

40k can be played competitively without comp, most of the armies are balanced, minus nids and sisters, while some just take more skill to play competitively; Eldar and Tau.
While I agree, I'd like to say that I no longer consider Tau among competitive armies, not above 1500 points anyway. Too much discrepancy in relation to the paucity of Troops choices...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode