=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 05:48 PM
Rattlehead

But the 'use the SC rules as your own Chaos Lord' thing doesn't fit.

What if I want to take someone like The Exalted as my Tzeentch Chaos Lord? TDA/Twin Lightning Claws is nothing like Ahriman's loadout. Equally, what if I want a Power Armoured Nurgle Lord? There's no customisability - call the guy what you want, he still has x, y and z and there's no way of changing that.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 07:26 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

I seriously doubt Pedro Kantor is at every battle the Crimson Fists fight either, yet he's required to play a Crimson Fist army. It's the same thing, Chaos isn't going to be given special consideration here. If you want an army with a specific theme, you have to take the character, like just about everyone else in the game these days.
post #253 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 08:27 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

If they are going with the stupid SC unlocking route they better make Thousand sons and noise marines a hell lot more us full, other wise I expect to so 25-30 times more Kharn, and typhus lists then Ahriman or Lucius lists. I mean who would be stupid enough to take Lucius or Ahriman just to take so so CSM's as your troops?

Also I am generally not a fan of adopting anymore similarities to the smurf book, as the greater the gap between the two the happier I am. This book is also so heavily expected that it would be a shame if it ended up just grabbing trends and concepts from other books. Although I think all those with 2-3 CSM dreads like me are a bit pissed about the idea of them just drooping a unit from the book all together.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 04-28-12 at 08:32 PM.

post #254 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I hate having to take special chars to unlock certain options, mainly because our gaming club doesn't allow special chars in games. It's something I've been trying to get changed but the old timers say they are so unbalanced and ruin the game as you build your army around them rather than with them.

One of the reasons I didn't start collecting Grey Knights, I wanted to make henchmen armies but I can't, not at our gaming club anyway.
post #255 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 09:52 PM
Rattlehead

You need some moar gaming buddies, MadCow

Special Characters are an entirely different breed to Special Characters in 2nd.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #256 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
You need some moar gaming buddies, MadCow

Special Characters are an entirely different breed to Special Characters in 2nd.

Midnight
I wish, problem is I live on a small shitty island so I basically have to take what I get.

Also why do you end your posts with "Midnight", you name is next to your post so why "sign" your posts?
post #257 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I wish, problem is I live on a small shitty island so I basically have to take what I get.

Also why do you end your posts with "Midnight", you name is next to your post so why "sign" your posts?
It makes him feel special.
post #258 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 09:06 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

What kind of special?

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #259 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 09:57 AM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

BOLS Time? BOLS Time!

Quote:
Chaos Marines
-The "flying dragon thingy" is coming. It is a flyer and one of two entirely new units added to the codex.
-The second new unit is said to be a Chaos answer to the Grey Knight Dreadknight.
-The Chaos Dreadnought is indeed still there (take a breath people), but gets a new name, and a rules overhaul.
-Hardcover book (just like Fantasy army books)
Quote:
6th Edition
-Many of the general concepts from magic from Warhammer Fantasy are coming to Warhammer 40,000.
-There will be "lore equivalents"
-Psychic powers will be generated randomly by psykers (like fantasy)
-Entirely new rules for constructing army lists (~Look at Fantasy for hints)
-The FOC may be history
Fantasy mechanics leaking into 40k? Uaaargh this is fucked up. Fantasy's gone down the shitter because of these new rules

edit:
- Signed, Albert Romellius the Third, Prince of Oreozania.

Last edited by Vhalyar; 04-29-12 at 10:08 AM.
post #260 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
I seriously doubt Pedro Kantor is at every battle the Crimson Fists fight either, yet he's required to play a Crimson Fist army. It's the same thing, Chaos isn't going to be given special consideration here. If you want an army with a specific theme, you have to take the character, like just about everyone else in the game these days.
I would say that your argument is slightly flawed since Pedro only unlocks veterans that are basicly just marines with slightly better armour and equipment.

Besides, it would make sense for the loyalist leaders to all have the same wargear since they follow the codex astartes. There is no codex nurglite that demands all Death Guard leaders to be scythe wielding, terminator armoured sorcerers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode