=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Awesome, the Daemon Engines, could these be similar to the FW Blood Slaughterer?
I believe Daemon Engines were first introduced in the Audio drama Fireborn, the one about the Salamanders and Sisters of Battle. Basically it completely destroys all the Sisters of Battle, they can't even scratch it, not even when a Sister holds a melta bomb against it blowing herself up. Nothing the Sisters do can stop it but in the end a Salamander dude kills it by throwing a thunder hammer at it. Dont remember much about the description of the daemon engine but it was powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
3 books makes no sense, it should be either be two or four, two would make the most sense as it would be similar to the old realm of chaos books, either way i cant see three books.
I agree, I added it as it was posted in the rumours round up, I later found the 3 book split into Legions, Renegades and Daemons which make allot more sense.
This would however mean that the Chaos Legions book would be massive, similar size or bigger than the Space Marine codex.

I really hope they dont split it up as GW has a hard time even updating 3 books a year.

As for the amount of new stuff lets speculate a bit.
Probably Finecast:
Daemonancer model
Iron Warriors character with huge servo harness
Obliterators remade in finecast or plastic
New Kharn the Betrayer
"Bulkier and still ferocious in motion"
Doomrider
Thunderfire Cannon/Iron-Fire Cannon

Special Character box including:
Horus Axiamand
Honsou
Unknown Raptor Lord (Night Lords?)
Kharn the Betrayer
Ahriman
Typhus
Lucius the Eternal

Plastic Kits:
Plastic Plaguebearers
Plastic Plaguemarines
Plastic Dreadnought
Plastic Raptors
New Plastic Chaos Bike kit (Rumoured Attack Bike?)
Daemon Engine (Perhaps the rumoured slaughterfiend?
New Landraider (New upgrade sprue is all that would be required)
New Predator (New upgrade sprue is all that would be required)
Landspeeder
Plastic Thousand Sons/Rubric Marines
1 New kit with the Bike kit which would most likely be the rumoured Attack Bike
1 New kit for Khorne jump pack infantry or could be combined with Khorne jump infantry
Probably 1 or more plastic kits for Khorne on jugg, plague on beast, Tzeench on disks etc

Head, Shoulder or Torso swaps
1 New kit or perhaps just torso swaps for plague marine bikers, most likely just torso and head swaps to go with older bike models, perhaps finecast like plague marine torsos and shoulders.
Legion specific heads and shoulder sprue
Power Armour and Terminator bits could be separate
Cult terminators have been sighted, but could be conversion or above mentioned kit

Allot of these are just remade metals into plastics, allot of these could also simply be upgrade sprues. In the end I think we are looking at 5 or so new plastic kits, rest are just old redone. That sounds about right to me, allot of special characters though but current range most likely redone into finecast.
It might seem like allot of new stuff, perhaps even too much for a single army book but I think it's about right. They would probably drag the release on for years and years.... a few of these could even be Chaos Daemons related like plaguebearers so could be released with the new Daemons book.

So what do you guys think? Am I off?

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-15-12 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 07:01 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I cant see upgrade sprues i can see full plastic units like Blood angels as they are cheaper to make ,the chaos marine sprues already have five sprues so an upgrade would mean five or possibly six where as a new sprue would mean two or four sprues like the death company or wolf pack respectively

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #13 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I cant see upgrade sprues i can see full plastic units like Blood angels as they are cheaper to make ,the chaos marine sprues already have five sprues so an upgrade would mean five or possibly six where as a new sprue would mean two or four sprues like the death company or wolf pack respectively
So how many new plastic kits do you think we'll see?
The numbers stack up pretty fast but I guess it's possible, personally I think we'll see something like the space wolves kit where you get a buttload of bits to make your models with.

I dont really think it's feasible for them to have 4 boxes for most new units, heck it'd be 5 boxes for different Bike units, 4 boxes for the riders if those a true. We'd be looking at 20+ new boxes and I dont think they'd do that.

post #14 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 08:14 PM
Rattlehead

I don't like the sound of this. It's still too restrictive. Since when did the Word Bearers have an abnormally low vehicle count? Or Night Lords? And ask Daemons how first-turn DS goes for them. Wow, I get lots of fragile, un-transportable models clogging my fire lanes in turn one. Dark Apostles and Daemomancers I like, as do I like the idea of multiple types of Daemon.

Overall, I call wishlisting because they've listed Dark Apostles seperately to Chaplains. Pretty sure GW wouldn't make that big a fluff blunder unless they're changing the fluff radically.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #15 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 08:49 PM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

A lot of it does sound like wish listing, esp some of the special characters.
They may do something like the grey knight box where one box makes many, but the cult troops are waaaay to different to do that.
They will release a big toy to go with them, most likely this daemon engine thing, maybe a defiler variant?
I can't see three books being released, Maybe a cult book (ie the core four) and a legion (the other main 5) book.
I hope they have characters unlocking certain things BUT as long as they aren't unique characters like the SM codex. I like d the concept of the SM codex but not tat you need a SC to have a CF list, or RG list
Proper excited about the prospect of a new dex! I'm not fussed who writes it out of kelly or ward!

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy
Malifaux/hobby podcast - check it out for inane ramblings
http://isleoffauxrecords.podbean.com/
post #16 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 09:07 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I want the Doomrider bit to be true. Be nice to see him back on the table. Although I have severe doubts about Aximand since we do not know if he is going to be killed off in the Horus Heresy books.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #17 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 09:40 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm sure it's not all wish listing, I'm hoping theres some good stuff, and I definitely think GW are putting some false rumours out there. Just from listening to different store managers around the country as I travel around for work, they all have a different story "that they heard at head office...". Some have dates for when chaos legions are coming (November), some have heard nothing about the paint rumours...

The box set of characters would be a cool thing, but it's almost unprecidented so not confident they'll do this.
post #18 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 10:11 PM
Rattlehead

Well, we can rule out Honsou right away, because GW can't make characters before BL gives them the say-so, IIRC. Doomrider isn't coming back, because there's too much of a risk of a.) Parents worrying about exposing their children to something like Doomrider, and b.) the very real risk of being sued by Charlie Sheen.

Plus, 19 new kits/blisters and rumours of even more stuff than that? I doubt it. Although I must say I doubt that they'll redo any of the vehicles or add any more non-Daemon Engine/Chaos-only (Usurpers etc.), because that's what the Loyalist Codex is there for. Loyalists should get quality vehicles and wargear, Chaos should get the raw stats and MCs. That's the way it's always worked, in my mind.

But overall, I'll reiterate the fact that this rumoured Codex is FAR too restrictive, and thusly I'm hoping that this is almost entirely wrong.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #19 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 10:18 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

There's some stuff in there that was from Ghost21 and is known to be comlete bullshit, like Honsu and 'Little' Horus.

My personal hope is a re-worked book that gives plenty of options, but leaves the player with the ability to freely theme the army the way they see fit. (ie: if you choose IW's, you should still have the option open for berserkers since a number of grand companies do have such units!)
No more silly mark restrictions like if take an HQ with MoK, you can no longer access any Slaaneshii units either please. Perhaps I want my army to represent the classic confrontation between the World Eaters & Emp's Children that led to Kharn's famous 'betrayal' and the breaking up of his legion?!

I also hope that chaos marines keep Lesser Daemons, but gain the option to mark them. So for example, adding the MoK might give +1A + furious charge? MoS could give +1I + rending and so on...
Worst possible thing GW could do would be to give chaos marines '6th edition Daemons' and then leave us poor proper Daemon players out in the cold, forced to use crappier & much more costly versions of the same fething unit/s! (or else GW will be forced to release a new Daemon codex within 4-8 months to bring us into line like what happened with TK's/VC's in Fantasy)

Hopefully GW do chaos the proper justice this time 'round, otherwise I'm going back to my 3.5 codex!
post #20 of 1100 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 10:59 PM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

Don't get me wrong a lot of the stuff there I would like to see cult termies, options to make themed mono lists, the ability to share the love too, ie black legion style. I just think it maybe a bit too much cake and eat it syndrome! Other than the nids codex they have all been pretty good so I think its just petty griping that worries it will be worse! I would like to see just a single chaos tomb as it were, where from it you could have traitor guard, daemons, dark mechanicus . . . . now whos wish listing ha ha!

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy
Malifaux/hobby podcast - check it out for inane ramblings
http://isleoffauxrecords.podbean.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode