=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 08:09 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Here's a thought. Instead of drop pods, maybe they'll get something akin to the DE webway portal, that allows them to come into play via a warp rift? Would be more fluffy than just another marine-ripoff vehicle...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 12:02 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Here's a thought. Instead of drop pods, maybe they'll get something akin to the DE webway portal, that allows them to come into play via a warp rift? Would be more fluffy than just another marine-ripoff vehicle...
I've never viewed the drop pod as a 'marine rip off' - they had them before the heresy, along with speeders and other 'marine' vehicles...it seems that the game designers have simply forgotten this fact!
However your warp portal idea is quite good, i like it! Perhaps a sort of improved deep strike ability representing this?

I am the White Knight!

post #113 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 12:04 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Seems to me that Chaos should get every the marines had during the heresy at the very least, this includes drop pods, so it's not really a rip off, it's what chaos is, traitor marines.

post #114 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
I've never viewed the drop pod as a 'marine rip off' - they had them before the heresy, along with speeders and other 'marine' vehicles...it seems that the game designers have simply forgotten this fact!
However your warp portal idea is quite good, i like it! Perhaps a sort of improved deep strike ability representing this?
Chaos marines having all the same gear as marines? No point in a new codex, just use the marine one and add spikes.

Chaos marines don't have access to the adeptus mechanicus or up-to-date repair facilities. Of course they won't *still* have all the vehicles marines do.

I recently played against a DE player who dropped a dohicky in the middle of the table, and next turn his army started pouring out of it. Something like that would be a simple convert for chaos, and represent using warp rifts or whatever. Much better than a simple marine copy'n'paste. Or alternatively, a daemon prince character who gives a unit the ability to come in like summoned daemons do (far superior to deepstriking)...

post #115 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 11:32 PM

CPT Killjoy's Flag is: USA

I just thought I'd put this out there. For something that is supposed to be coming out so soon, it seems to me that the DarkGeneral has a few to many words like "play test" and "probably, but could change"

"In the game of chess, you must never let your opponent see your pieces."
-Captain Zapp Brannigan
post #116 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-08-12, 06:34 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Killjoy View Post
I just thought I'd put this out there. For something that is supposed to be coming out so soon, it seems to me that the DarkGeneral has a few to many words like "play test" and "probably, but could change"
well thats whats called "the save ass", personally i think most of the rumour gurus are just picking stuff out of thin air and calling it gospel.

Chaos deserves some unique cool stuff, so rather than giving them access to boring ass marine vehicles, they should get cool chaos stuff like more deamon engines and stuff undreamed of by mortals like us forum dwellers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #117 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-08-12, 09:35 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post

Chaos marines don't have access to the adeptus mechanicus or up-to-date repair facilities. Of course they won't *still* have all the vehicles marines do.
Apart from half the mechanicus turning traitor and setting up forgeworlds in the eye of terror, i'd agree. While I don't want the chaos marines to simply be spikey marines, they are essentially traitor marines - so there is justification (perhaps even a demand) for similar kits to an extent, but with a corrupted feel.
Anyhow, all of this is wish listing and personal preference....still waiting on some proper rumours...

I am the White Knight!

post #118 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-08-12, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

What month does GW raise their prices in? Would it be worth buying some CSM now or wait for the new expensive stuff?
Personally I dont care as I rarely buy new (and if I do it's from ebay or a discount seller) but I'm sure future chaos players would be interested.

I guess another 20-30% price increase is to be expected...

Hmm, does that mean GW will have increase their prices by about 60% over a 3 year period on most kits?
post #119 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-08-12, 02:52 PM

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
What month does GW raise their prices in? Would it be worth buying some CSM now or wait for the new expensive stuff?
Personally I dont care as I rarely buy new (and if I do it's from ebay or a discount seller) but I'm sure future chaos players would be interested.

I guess another 20-30% price increase is to be expected...

Hmm, does that mean GW will have increase their prices by about 60% over a 3 year period on most kits?
good lord where do people get those numbers from? GW does a 12-15% increase to their product once a year. The "hey lets shoot our selves in the foot public by saying we're releasing models in a cheaper material but are raising our prices at the same time" fubar with Finecast was the largest I can recall at 15%.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #120 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-08-12, 03:21 PM

@B&K: the books done and dusted by now. It's only now you'll start getting solid rumours as the finished book leaves the security of the Studio. And that *really* pisses off the poor writers, who can't do grand reveals of their hard work, as everyone will know all the surprises already. It's both demoralising and spirit crushing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode