=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Death to all who advocate the dreaded "counts as"!
as long as the army was developed with the codex in mind it's not bad. I.E. ASM BA for night lords; Codex space marines for Iron Warriors; Space wolves as Word Bearers (it works - seriously... TWC / FW = daemons, wulfen = possessed...)

But if I take my slaaneshi warband, painted pink & armed with sonic weaponry & start playing them as Grey Knights because they're new and awesome that is wrong... but hey, still works... the guys with sonic blasters just have bolters c/w psybolt ammo & blastmasters are psycannons right? right guys? ... guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 11:57 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Death to all who advocate the dreaded "counts as"!
I wouldn't say "death to them," but I certainly don't like what they might make people think about chaos players. "oh. they don't want a codex because they substitute loyalist codices, let's release moar loyalist codices!"

boobs. that is all.
post #103 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Some more stuff from theDarkGeneral and Stickmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
there may not be much focus on newer Chaos Space Marine chapters, keeping things squarely on the original 9 Traitor Legions and their splinter factions. This means it's likely there won't be much or any love for Huron.

Chaos may get a form of Preferred Enemy, but was unsure which units.

On Daemons, Daemon Princes could wind up being the only "Marked" Daemonic creatures. What this means is unclear. Could be he means there are no God-specicif Daemons, or that they are there, just that they don't use "Marks".

Whilst on the subject of Daemon Princes, they will move more in line with the ones in the Daemon Codex but "with a more Chaos Space Marine feel", gong on to say they may gain specific benefits for different Legions.

Terminators were a big topic, Chosen may not have access to Terminator Armour (contradicting his previous rumour), but that Cult Terminators would return in some form. He went on to say he believed there would only be two Terminator units, claiming one was some sort of "generic cult" unit that was given special rules according to the Legion being played. He made sure to reinforce that this was an early playtest, so things could have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
a plastic Chaos drop pod could be in the works, but tempered that by saying we probably wouldn't see it any time soon. Whether the kit is released soon or not, there could be a chance of the rules appearing in the Codex though.

post #104 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 10:18 PM

Drop Pod? Ohh I like that.
post #105 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 07:20 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Drop pods are well over due - but why a new kit? Does not make sense to design anything new, just whack in a chaos sprue in the existing product. Of course if there is any significant wait on the 'new' kit, people will just buy the loyalist one and tart it up with a sprue anyway.

It seems to me that putting in specific units for 9 different legions is well above the usual scope of a typical GW codex and simply won't happen. It seems likely that the HQ chioce or legion you pick will have generic rules that will apply to your force and give it the legion flavour, at least thats how I view it.

I am the White Knight!

post #106 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 09:52 AM

Slaneshy, they'd have to redo the cover art and increase the price if they include an extra sprue... honestly its almost easier to make a whole new product.

Hive Fleet Tarasque/The Black Legion of Khemri
Battles: 13/3
Wins: 8/2
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.
post #107 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 11:24 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Azune View Post
Slaneshy, they'd have to redo the cover art and increase the price if they include an extra sprue... honestly its almost easier to make a whole new product.
Not really. The Space Marine Rhino and the Chaos Marine Rhino are almost the exact same thing, except for the accessory sprue, and they're the same price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #108 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 12:02 PM

stuff's Flag is: Scotland

I think it would make a lot of sense to just add a sprue to the already existing drop-pod, but if that was what they were doing, I doubt there would be a long wait for it as was suggested. I think whatever they come up with may just be an equivalent to a drop pod, not an actual drop pod maybe..

Seriously looking forward to this codex! Can't wait to see what GW come up with. As long as it allows for more interesting fluffy armies, I'm happy!
post #109 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 01:41 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Not really. The SM Rhino and Razorback are exactly the same kits except the razorback gets some guns. Yet they are still the same price. And as Dawnstar ointed out, he same can be said about the SM and CSM rhino kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #110 of 1100 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 10:16 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
A new box and an existing sprue vs months of design and development, prototypes and moulds, then mass production....and then the box and sprue on top that would of done the job anyway....

You must work for GW with that logic!

I am the White Knight!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode