=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 100 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #991 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 11:24 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Soooo... On a skim-read:

Dark Vengeance, out Sept 1st, cost £65
Custom cut case, out Sept 1st, cost £40
Lots of Finecast.

The entire WD is full of Dark Vengeance missions, colour varients and other related stuff. A rather nice Alpha Legion varient set.

Inside back cover is a Dark Angel, with the tagline "The Battle Rages On". Absolutely no hints of more Chaos, no slipped in pics, nothing. Sorry.

I'd've expected to see more pushing of Games Day, maybe Golden Daemon forms for those of us without printers. Instead, a 2page spread at the back and a 1page advert.

Content, even for 40k players, is a little shallow, as it has been for months now. Here's hoping the next one with a codex release has some more stuff in it...
is £65 for the limited edition set or the standard set?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 11:34 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

It says that the interrogator chaplain is limited edition, only in this box and only while stocks last. No seperate price for it, so I'm guessing first-come, first-served.

And White Dwarf tends to be on sale at GDUK, so having all the Chaos there makes sense. It'd be nice that 'Eavy Metal has some unspoiled figures to show off for once. It was always nice to be able to surprise people with things that hadn't been wrecked by shoddy photography beforehand...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #993 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 11:36 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

What do you mean "the last page pic is wrong"? I'm looking at it, it's a dark angel. Admittedly his tabard is a little odd, but it's a close-up rather than full on picture, so I might be missing context on that one.

And the mini-rulebook is 168pages long, how does that compare to the last one?

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 08-22-12 at 11:38 PM.

post #994 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-23-12, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
What do you mean "the last page pic is wrong"?
August WD was issue number 391, on the last page it lists the next WD as issue number 393.
I dont have the WD here right now so can't check to be sure but I'm quite sure of this.

Basically the August WD was supposed to be released later, perhaps it was meant to be the September issue with the starter set released this months with Daemons next month to tie in with the CSM codex release at the end of the month.

There were rumours about a change in the WD and release schedule, basically they didn't have time or didn't notice the error on the last page as it wasn't an error until the change to the schedule was changed.

Meh, knowing the "accuracy" of WD it could just as well be nothing more than a typo, though some rumours point to a change in release schedule.
post #995 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-24-12, 12:25 AM

Judas Masias's Flag is: USA

The new Dark Vengeance White Dwarf is issue 392. I think the pic on the last page of issue 391 was for Dark Vengeance sense it's Chaos VS Dark Angels and not about Codex Chaos Space Marines

Space Wolves: Wins-24 Loss-6 Draw-7
My Conversions
Bjorn the Fellhanded Conversion:http://blog.spikeybits.com/2010/09/c...ll-handed.html
Plastic Abaddon Conversion:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=70426

Last edited by Judas Masias; 08-24-12 at 12:47 AM.
post #996 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 12:21 AM

Thinking about it, i think we will be seeing a refresh in models in the way of Noise Marines, Thousand Sons, Obliterators, Havocs and a number of HQ's since these are metal models yet have not been made as finecaste. They have decided not to make them finecaste since the moulds are going to be out of production.

The same could be said about Ezekiel, Deathwing and Azrael for the Dark Angles
post #997 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 12:56 AM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

we will be seeing alot of new chaos models in the coming months, outside of just the awsomeness in the dark vengence box.

I really wish those damn DA had robes, would have suited my army so well. now I need to figure out if I want the DV box for my army or not > <
post #998 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Small tidbit about Angron
Source
Quote:
Here's the bit on Angron: (via the ever dependable Harry)

He's advancing, from left to right. Two chainaxes, one in each hand. Right hand going for an overhead chop, the other drawn back against his torso for a sideswipe (because it's Angron, he can't possibly be blocking!). High collar. White shoulder plates. Dreadlock-like neural-implants. Very angry. Link-chain cloak with a few skulls attached...

He is a good bit bigger than a 'normal' marine.
post #999 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Small tidbit about Angron
Source
Wait a primarch in the codex? Does he mean kharn? Don't get me wrong that would be freaking awesome if true though

[SIGPIC]
post #1000 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 04:51 PM

The Black Legionnaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: I would be behind you, but that's where Romero is, so I'm to the left of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by your master View Post
Wait a primarch in the codex? Does he mean kharn? Don't get me wrong that would be freaking awesome if true though
I think this is referring to the Angron model from the Horus Heresy project being done by Forge World. If so, it sounds amazing.

Legionnaire is now, and forever will be, training to be the best!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode