Eldar Rumours. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Default Eldar Rumours.

A metric ton of Eldar rumours here... Get em while they're hot:
MadCowCrazy: Added on March 2nd
Source
Quote:
via an Anonymous Source from the Faeit 212 inbox
Just read your report with your new elder army.

A couple notes that you might find interesting:
As of 03/01/2013

- Autarchs take Paths. These represent completed paths they have walked and are tied to the various aspects. By taking a path you make the respective aspect warrior a troop choice (the exception are reapers who just become scoring)

- Overall point cost reduction (guardians see it the most, aspect warriors see it the least, but are instead a fair margin better with only a minor cost decrease for two of the schools).

- new special rule that influence how howling banshees interact in combat. It's current iteration really makes them feel like glass cannons that are amazing at what they're designed to do.

-Seer councils have brotherhood of psykers (the farseers still cast their own abilities in addition, but two farseers together cast more than 2 farseers separately)

- in general, aspect warriors are hyper focused and hyper successful if used properly
- No new aspect
- 2 new flyers
- lots of units get access to skyfire
- new tank (on falcon chasis)
- Two new special characters
- exarchs are all really good in duels in different ways
- farseers are still awesome psykers
- warlocks improve deny the witch.
- falcon/wave serpent point reduction
- way to make some of the craftworld specific lists
- additional rules for allying with dark eldar
- expanded fluff on the war in heaven

Quote:
Via Stickmonkey

I have some very early Eldar rumors. First let me start with a very clear disclaimer:

THESE ARE EARLY RUMORS, CODEX ELDAR IS RUMORED MID TO LATE 2013! I EXPECT MUCH OF THIS TO CHANGE OR EVOLVE FROM WHAT I AM HEARING TODAY!

Ok, very small list, so on to what Im hearing:

Aspects all have a way to move to troops. However, some are limited to one unit only. The phoenix Lords are NOT this mechanism supposedly.

Guardians have a slight points reduction.

Tanks ( night spinner, fire prism, falcon) have a point reduction.

Transports are about the same cost.

Storm guardians are an upgrade of normal guardians.

Rumor those units requiring a guide (wraithguard , wraithlord) longer sit idle when out side range and rolling a 1. Instead they can make a move towards a warlock or other guide. Engaging these units in cc while they are outside their guides range will have penalties, treat as ws 1, i 1. However, guides will have "buffs" they can give. Reroll to hit, bonus save, etc. (To me this sounds suspiciously like changes to nids and the tervigon)

Quote:
via Romanus (note:A little extra salt here)

heard that they have played with Wave serpents Energy Shields becoming weaker, in that they loose there negative effects against melta etc. Still these are playtesting rumors at this stage so subject to a huge variable of change.

From what I have heard and from other sources around the interwebs the first wave for Eldar would look like:

Flyer - Possibly with 2nd wave flyer release (supposedly related to the large vehicle chassis), I have also heard it is the Nightwing but this would contradict what GW has been saying lately that there wouldn't be anymore direct ports from FW

New Plastic Jetbikes (seen Games Day 2010)
New Plastic Vyper
Larger Vehicle Chassis
Guardian Box incorporating Storm and Battle guardians???
Finecast characters

I know that Eldar are being worked on at the moment, but its mostly throwing around Ideas and seeing how they work. I'm not 100% sure on the design sequence that GW follows but this would seem pretty prelim to me. I know that this has been going on for around six months so far, with some pretty nifty ideas being tried. Thats all I'll say on the matter though
Quote:
Eldargal jumps in to say:

New Avatar sculpt
New Falcon variants
Entirely new vehicle
New jetbikes and vyper jetbike models
New character sculpts, new special character(s) and new SC sculpts
New versions of Aspect warriors, similar to current models but 'more dynamic'
Quote:
via Kirby

plastic Warpspiders/Everguard
plastic Skycharriots/Shining Spears
plastic Phantomwaechter - these might be the shadow spectres?
plastic Jetbikes
plastic Wraithguard/Cataphracts
plastic flyer combi-kit - The flyer is pretty large and has a crossbow shape, two canopies, one fin. The main variant on the cover has some lances and a large dorsal distort cannon. The other variant has extra downward/sideway thrusters, but I don’t remember if it has a different weapon loadout.
plastic phoenix lord niadhau - For Shining Spears, appears to be on a Vyper jetbike.
plastic webway gate
resin box Avatar
resin Black Warden - The Black Warden looks like an female Autarch. She has a shurikencatapult and a feathered guardian helm with an eye on it.
resin Dire Avenger Xentarch - Appears to be a new English name for Exarch?
resin Howling Banshee Xentarch
resin Fire Dragon Xentarch
resin Striking Scorpion Xentarch
resin box Dragon Riders
resin box Eldritch Raiders - They look like guardians but have no helms and wear scarfs around the lower head and swashbuckle belts. They are very individually equipped, have all sorts blades, pistols and/or rifles. (potentially Storm Guardians?)
resin box Halcones Cazadores
resin Warlock

No talk at all regarding schedule or rules. This is simply a listing of what boxes were sighted. Some of those names are odd, but some of you Europeans with the German, etc versions of the Eldar codex may be able to help us out.
Quote:
More Via Kirby.

The Avatar of the Young King

Completely new design, much smaller, only as large as a wraithguard, set of aspect armour where every piece is spread out and connected by a body of magma, looks like an fire/earth elemental clad in a suit of armour, dire avenger helm with fire from the eyes and half burnt helm crest, floats and torso pose looks like vader during his Noooo scream, hands are armored, blood is dripping from the left, the right is molten and transformed into a blade.

Eldar Spirit Warrior

wraithlord-war walker mix, trygon base, running bird legs with hooves, huge scaled torso, a dozen poles extend from the back (like wraithlord but three times as much), left forearm replaced with massive lance, right hand holds extra handle on lance shaft or a three pronged swastika blade. Lower back, left shoulder and part of the left arm are concealed by an impressive cloak, head is surrounded by scaled armour plating, large gem at the front, doesn’t bend upward towards the end but downward, whole model leans forward, chest can be opened, female pilot inside.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-02-13 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 01:54 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

the Eldar spirit warrior is just the eldar bright stallion knight from epic and as much as i would love to see it realised i think its just wish listing.

Eldar rumours are always nice to see, but these days until i see a WD entry i just think they are all wish listing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 01:54 PM

All sounds good to me. Nothing on Eldrad or new Phoenix Lord models specifically though :/

Court of the Young King thingy could be the new Avatar model lost in translation?

Spirit warrior could be an eldar reply to the Dreadknight?

Eldar Dragon Raiders? Eh?

Last edited by Orochi; 07-26-12 at 02:11 PM.

post #4 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:00 PM

Really would like to get excited - I'd be a very happy player if 'resin box Dragon Riders' came through. But it just looks kinda like wishlishting.

I would love it if everything on this list happened though...
Thanks for bringing it to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Fur is for the weak!
post #5 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Eldar Dragon Raiders? Eh?

That'd be eldar exodites - from second ed. No models but they were in the codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Fur is for the weak!
post #6 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:02 PM

jams's Flag is: Wales

Dragon riders are exodites. Think sci-fi cold one knights and you're in the right area

Edit: dammit ninja'd lol

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #7 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:10 PM

Oh I remember them... I just remember them looking ridiculously out of place in an army that has a level of technological transcendence unmatched.
post #8 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:18 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh, there are ways of making Exodites fit in. After all, the Space Wolves have giant puppies. I have ALWAYS wanted decent Exodites...

And 'Xentarch' might well be a new level of character between Exarch and Autarch / Phoenix Lord. They wouldn't take something so deeply entrenched in Eldar as the Exarch as remove it.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #9 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'll give Kirby some credit... He's from 3++ and most people are crediting it as the new Faeit12... Still, I'll admit some sounds a bit wishlisty, but plausible.

Stickmonkey and Eldargal are known to be pretty damn close to right with what they post though.
post #10 of 179 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:20 PM

Same with the Phoenix Lords though.

If they are removed/replaced (other than having NEW BLASTED SCULPTS) I will kill.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode