Yet another random Sisters of Battle discussion thread - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Yet another random Sisters of Battle discussion thread

Discussion on Sisters in general can continue in the other threads, this one is for actual viable tidbits and observations. Please don't derail it. Anything new gets spotted, I'll add it in here.

I foresee this thread may lay dormant for a while, but if anything new comes up this'll be where it will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertabby
I had something pointed out to me today, and I felt a need to investigate further.

Zion mentioned that the Order of the Sacred Rose has been undergoing some colour changes. Initially it was white, with black robes and red inners in 2nd Ed. Then in C:WH it was white with totally black robes. Now in the 6th Ed BRB it's been shifted to the colours of the Sisters secondary force (that was painted for C:WH), white with totally red robes.

This is more positive than anyone outside the Studio could possibly guess...

There is an existing force in those colours. The WH codex states OotSR is a different scheme. Yet the BRB says OotSR is now that forces' colours. That means a fluff tweak has occured to bring the two in line.

The most likely reason such a tweak has occured, and been emphasized in the BRB, is that OotSR is the secondary army to OooML in the new codex, and the black robes were ruled out as being not photogenic enough (which is entirely right - that scheme would be terrible to try and pull off).

The alternative is that the white/red sisters were the only varients available (true) and they wanted to be able to list them with a named Order below them. Personally, I like the first option better and am an optimist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertabby
Here's something that was raised for the Chaos codex and has got me thinking.

The chaos colour section has new colour varients in it for the big 4 legions. the Chaos rumour thread has my thoughts on it, but following that I had a real good close look at the Sisters colour section. I know the models in that army. I painted a fair few of them. And there are two new ones in there: bottom right of the second page.

Now normally I'd dismiss that as 'EM were asked to do a couple of new figures for the BRB'. I did 2 for the last one. However, combine that with the fact that we got a whole double-page spread (more than GKs), and the mysterious appearance of a salvo bolt-type weapon that doesn't appear in the appendices, and it's got that ember of hope glowing. And don't forget, this BRB was *finished* at Christmas. So if the Shellstorm Cannon is a new Holy Trinity weapon, then the codex was *at least* in draft stage back then.

My feeling the Shellstorm cannon is a new bolter weapon comes from the fact that the marines already have the Assault Cannon, the Reaper getting renamed is unlikely, and the only other army that kind of name might fit is Tau who tend to use plasma.

I know it's all very nebulous, but that's all we've got right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf
Interesting bit of text on the new ForgeWorld aircraft model:

"The Avenger is often specifically requested by the Adeptus Sororitas should they require close support in their purgations."

That suggests the Sisters of Battle have been taken into consideration for the lore... Meaning, if they were to be removed from the game, I doubt they would of been mentioned. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come.... Let's hope, eh?

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 07-20-12 at 01:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 04:53 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

The absence of the Excorcist tank from GW's web "Rock hard tanks" display seems to coordinate with the rumours that the vehicle is being redone in the near future.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 06:23 PM

Cho Kai's Flag is: USA

I will point out that the Exorcist is pretty much a Rhino/Razorback Chasis... All Imperial listings on that "Rock hard tanks" group are AV14 (landraider, Leman Russ, or eqivilant) or Superheavy. Unless I was seeing Whirlwinds and Piranas I would not read much into that.

Last edited by Cho Kai; 07-19-12 at 06:35 PM.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 06:28 PM

How do you figure? Imperial Guard Manticore/Deathstrike is only AV12 with 3 hullpoints. Space Marine Predators are only AV13, same as the Excorcist. Other non-Imperials like the Tau Hammerhead and Skyray are only armor 13, Fire Prism is only AV 12. Ghost Ark is only 13 with shielding, 11 without. There's no reason it shouldn't be on there.

Last edited by Arcane; 07-19-12 at 06:34 PM.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:34 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I think most (if not all) of the "Rock Hard Tanks" are ones that fall into the "Heavy Support" category, which the Exorcist certainly is.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:39 PM

Okay, slightly exaggerative on my part. The Fire Prism may only be AV12 but it can take a beating better than a Land Raider. The Manticore, though admittedly low armor, is definitely the profile of a Leman Russ than a Rhino. As aesetics go, the Exorcist would stick out like a sore thumb.

To the other Xenos, Necrons and fliers are their current poster models, I am not surprised they bent a little for Necrons. As for the Tau listings, I think that was mostly to keep Tau players from feeling left out. I think we have already established that GW does not have the same desire to keep SoB from feeling left out / abandoned that they do with the other armies. It is not like they precisely listed everything from a certain AV and up; they listed 12 tanks and 3 superheavies.

I will believe GW have plans for SoB when they publish a rulebook that is not just getting rid of Allies rules before the new edition, start actually re-doing some of our models, or publish a flier for our army. Rumours don't even circulate about anything new for Sisters.

I may be misreading things but I think reading us not being listed in another part of the website is more likely an oversight (deliberate or not) than something to draw inspiration off of.

Last edited by Cho Kai; 07-19-12 at 07:45 PM.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho Kai View Post
Okay, slightly exaggerative on my part. The Fire Prism may only be AV12 but it can take a beating better than a Land Raider. The Manticore, though admittedly low armor, is definitely the profile of a Leman Russ than a Rhino. As aesetics go, the Exorcist would stick out like a sore thumb.
Stick out because it's ugly? I agree but GW are the ones who designed it and think it looked good. How does it differ from the Predator? It's the same chasis. A Manticore is a Chimera chasis which has nothing to do with the Leman Russ.

Look at the stats. It's an AV13 tank, no transport capacity, large gun on top, options for defensive weapons and loadout, Heavy Support slot. Exactly like a Predator with a different gun.

I stand by there's no reason it shouldn't have been included unless GW is either redoing the model sometime in the near future or they just are neglecting/ignoring SoB players.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Stick out because it's ugly? I agree but GW are the ones who designed it and think it looked good. How does it differ from the Predator? It's the same chasis. A Manticore is a Chimera chasis which has nothing to do with the Leman Russ.

Look at the stats. It's an AV13 tank, no transport capacity, large gun on top, options for defensive weapons and loadout, Heavy Support slot. Exactly like a Predator with a different gun.

I stand by there's no reason it shouldn't have been included unless GW is either redoing the model sometime in the near future or they just are neglecting/ignoring SoB players.
Its probably more of the latter than the former. When doing expansions, boxed sets, or anything for that matter, SoB tend to be neglected by GW. GW doesn't even bother to push the sales fo Sisters in the slightest. No wonder they don't sell. There is no aggressive marketing or pushing of sales for them in WD either.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Stick out because it's ugly?
I was thinking stick out because it looks more like a rhino... the Predators huge gun adds a certain amount of bulk to the look. Putting the whole assessment of the images aside as it really does not add a whole lot to the rumours discussion, I really think it is a matter of neglecting/ignoring SoB players. If we want to comment on website postings, we are not listed in the gift giving guide either.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 08:12 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

If i'm not mistaken this is going a little off topic (ie not talking about rumours themselves) on the same page where it was requested to stay on topic.

yes I admit I am normally the arch-nemesis of staying on topic

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode