New Digital Products for July - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

Default New Digital Products for July

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but there are new releases for iBooks.

Quote:
Codex: Necrons
Codex: Necrons is your guide to the armies of the Necrons. This volume details the terrible history and advanced wargear of the Necrons, and provides full rules for fielding an army of these deathless robotic warriors in games of Warhammer 40,000. This expanded Codex includes interactive miniatures galleries, lavish colour artwork, and updated rules to match the latest edition of Warhammer 40,000.

How To Paint Citadel Miniatures: Evil Sunz Orks
In this Army Workshop, army painter Duncan Rhodes explains how he collected and painted his force of Evil Sunz Orks and their prized red Dakkajet.

How To Paint Citadel Miniatures: Necrons
Army painter Chris Peach has assembled a formidable force of Necrons from the Nihilakh Dynasty. Here he explains how to paint models from the Necron range in their distinctive turquoise and gold colours using the Citadel paint range.

Chapter Approved: Ork Bommer
Download the official, updated rules for fielding the Ork Dakkajet, Burna-bommer and Blitza-bommer as Flyers in your Warhammer 40,000 battles - and get ready to take to the skies.

Battlefield Challenge: Skullvane Manse, Lair of the Astromancer
Written by games developer Jervis Johnson, this Battlefield Challenge provides all the information you need to fight exciting Warhammer battles in the unpredictable environs of Skullvane Manse, and also includes a comprehensive painting guide.

Tactica: Space Marine Heroes
Games developer Robin Cruddace imparts wisdom won on countless battlefields, sharing his views on the best uses for Space Marine HQ choices - some of the most powerful warriors in the 41st Millennium - in this detailed tactics feature.

These products will be available from 9am on July 7th, local time. Please click on the relevant flag above to visit the iBookstore.
Prices (In GBP):

Codex: Necrons 19.99
How To Paint Citadel Miniatures: Evil Sunz Orks 2.99
How To Paint Citadel Miniatures: Necrons 1.99
Chapter Approved: Ork Bommer 2.99
Battlefield Challenge: Skullvane Manse, Lair of the Astromancer 2.99
Tactica: Space Marine Heroes 3.99

Last edited by Daniel Harper; 07-07-12 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 04:38 AM

One question I have is will people figure out a way to render the ipad codices as a pdf? Could you simply print the screen of each page and compile it into a pdf? It sure would be nice to have an up to date version of the codices so I don't have to have my codex and a pdf with me just to do anything. I do hope at some point there is a reasonable option for non-ipad holders. It's funny that it's only for Ipad, as I have an iphone, Ipod, Macbook pro, Ipod touch, and still don't have access to the damn codices lol.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

Last edited by Eleven; 07-07-12 at 04:42 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 05:13 AM
Wax

Wax's Flag is: USA

Bracing for the pile of shit that tactica is going to be. And people will still complain.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 06:34 AM

davespil's Flag is: USA

Well the Necrons Codex is $33 so at least they're not all gonna be over priced like the SM code, which is still $42. Still thinking about getting the rulebook digitally.

Have guns, will travel...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 07:56 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
It's funny that it's only for Ipad, as I have an iphone, Ipod, Macbook pro, Ipod touch, and still don't have access to the damn codices lol.
Thats fucked up mate. Lucky me I have an iPad, but I would love to have it on my MacBook Pro and iPhone as well.

Especially on the iPhone.

Edit: Space Marine Tactica? Written by GW? Jesus christ, and they expect to get a penny for that? No thanks.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 12:08 AM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Edit: Space Marine Tactica? Written by GW? Jesus christ, and they expect to get a penny for that? No thanks.
Well, where else do you expect to find a WH40k tactica!??!? Dude, it's not like there are forums dedicated to that all over the net. Jeez, you're lucky to have GW to fill up your life. Please call your friends right now, because, soon, you'll be able to buy some on the iStore, made expressely by GW. Rumors are, the Marneus one is a bit chatty, but very nice...

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 12:12 AM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Wait wait wait.... so you are going to have to pay money for chapter approved rules? They wont simply be available for free on GWs website? I guess this is proof they are going to demand money for the Sisters of Battle WD faildex, if they even intend to release it at all. I'd say the reason it's not available is because they intend to release it as a full priced shitty Ipad codex...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 01:07 AM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

Wait... Weren't some of these before like the how to paint Orks one and the tactica?

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 01:36 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post

Wait wait wait.... so you are going to have to pay money for chapter approved rules? They wont simply be available for free on GWs website? I guess this is proof they are going to demand money for the Sisters of Battle WD faildex, if they even intend to release it at all. I'd say the reason it's not available is because they intend to release it as a full priced shitty Ipad codex...
As much as I can see the logic in that theory, when does logic apply to what GW does? Don't get me wrong, I want a legal downloadable codex too, but for GW to sit on it over a year to put it on the iPad? Somehow I think that is giving their bean counters too much credit.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 09:48 PM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post

These rules are identical to the rules that appeared in White Dwarf. Its not new. Its for those who want the rules without buying the WD. Were these previously available for free from the website? Genuine question.

Also: they released an update to the C:SM. Nothing new (e.g. flakk missiles) but the FAQ working updates are all in there. Telion is now listed as having a Camo Cloak. Here's a question for you. Telion has a camo cloak (+1 to his save making it 3+) and Stealth giving him and his unit +1 to their saving throw. Would this give Telion a 2+ save and everyone else a 3+ assuming they were all in cover? It only specifies Stealth as being cumulative with Shroud. Makes me wonder why they gave him a camo cloak if he provides Stealth since he can't detach from the unit.

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

Last edited by Kelann08; 07-09-12 at 09:55 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode