Forgeworld Releases 2012-07-06 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Default Forgeworld Releases 2012-07-06

IMPERIAL ARMOUR AERONAUTICA

Quote:
A brand new Forge World supplement book for Warhammer 40,000, Imperial Armour Aeronautica, written by Neil Wylie, contains fully updated 6th Edition rules for 34 flyers and 13 anti-aircraft units fielded by the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau Empire, Necrons, Dark Eldar and Chaos.
These include complete rules for two brand new aircraft: the Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship and the Imperial Navy Avenger Strike Fighter.

In addition to the vehicle data sheets this book also provides you with the wargear and special rules unique to the terrifying airborne war engines of the 41st Millennium. Alongside these is a new narrative campaign, the Scourging of Kerrack, which provides six new missions specifically designed to incorporate aerial combat into your games of Warhammer 40,000 and Apocalypse, including detailed rules for developing Ace pilots over the course of the campaign. Also included is an Apocalypse rules appendix, updated for the 6th edition of Warhammer 40,000.

This 112-page, full colour, hardback book is lavishly illustrated with photographs and line drawings as well as campaign maps, and it is an indispensible reference for any hobbyist who’s collection contains a Forge World flyer. Imperial Armour Aeronautica is available to pre-order now for despatch from 27th July.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...RONAUTICA.html

They have also Released 6th edition rule updates:
Downloads page

Last edited by xenobiotic; 07-06-12 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 04:52 PM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

I like the look of that flakk battle fortress. Might have to break down and get one for christmas

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 05:30 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Darn, they nerfed Entropic Strike against Super Heavies. Can't say I'm too surprised, given they would be tougher than normal vehicles.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 05:53 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

So I guess this is many armies only current answer to anti-air in 6th (or at least 'viable' answer). Seems like another good release from forgeworld and if I actually played enough games to warrant it I'd probably buy it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
So I guess this is many armies only current answer to anti-air in 6th (or at least 'viable' answer). Seems like another good release from forgeworld and if I actually played enough games to warrant it I'd probably buy it.
Of course it's good news but some jerk will just walk in and yell "It's FW so you can't use your only anti-air unit your new codex comes along."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 07:47 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmm my Blood Slaughterer has 3 Hull points
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 09:02 PM
Rattlehead

Grey Knights Thunderhawk Gunship?

Hell, it's Imperial, I can still take a Chaos one. Time to buy in some plasticard and a city ruins kit...

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 09:12 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Interesting, the Eldar get an update on their flyers and AA kit, would suggest that if we are getting a plastic flyer kit that it will be something other than the Phoenix or Nightwing - still, I am going to hold off on buying a Nightwing squadron until something firm and plasticy is revealed
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 09:47 PM

Capussa's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_Morkai View Post
Of course it's good news but some jerk will just walk in and yell "It's FW so you can't use your only anti-air unit your new codex comes along."
Thankfully FW stuff with a 40k stamp is now legal, and only suggests making your opponent aware that you are using them

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode