Codex hardbacks? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
oOChrisOo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Codex hardbacks?

Well i finally got enough money to get 6th ed 40k at my flgs :big grin: And the person selling it to me mentioned that Games Workshop are bringing out hard back books for all of the armies. Whether this is updates to the codexes for 6th ed or they are getting things added to them such as new units and that wasn't mentioned, i was quite pleased to hear it though.

By no way am i saying it is completely true i just thought i would mention it because i hadn't heard it anywhere else before.

Also someone must of been busy while making the 6th ed rulebook as i doubt it is a coincidence that there is a spelling mistake on page 69

haha anyways thanks for reading cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:24 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Not worth it if you already have a codex. It'll likely be more expensive than paperback and will have little to no differences than the paperback as well.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:28 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hardly 'news' and the rumour mill has been doing this since 8th edition fantasy got hardback treatment.

It is less a rumour from hq and more an educated guess.

It will also be only for newly released 6th ed codices, not updated 5th edition reprints.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:30 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Unless it's a full update to the 6th ed, I won't want something like that. I'm very happy with my current paperback verions.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
oOChrisOo's Flag is: United Kingdom

The way he said it would be a update for all codexes. Just saying it cause i only heard it today sorry if its already been said though
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 07:05 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I think its just the same way as Fantasy has gone in that all new codex's will be hardback. Not reprints of the old ones...

Afterall, if they intended to make all codexs hardback, why not do it with Grey knights? That was the first 40k codex that game out after the first fantasy hardback.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 12:15 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The rumour is that all fantasy books will be updated to 8th edition, so all will get hardback to allow concurrant appearance for storage, game design etc, and the first 'complete' ruleset since 6th edition and the introduction of ogre kingdoms, while also allowing subsidiaries a stable fluff background and game design approach.

6th is likely to be 'updated' in a similar manner, expect at least apocalypse reloaded v2, and possibly cities of death and planetstrike, maybe battle missions style expansions to the game; to bring former rules and units back in line with the new edition 'legit', similar to blood in the badlands, and storm of magic for fantasy.

Cheers for the rumour fella, dont worry about it not being believed, we are all grouchy fuckers here who dont believe anything the yoof say. Rate cynical we are.

In general though, trusting a 'guy at the till' is like asking checkout lady at tescos if she knows what is in next seasons clothing range. She might 'know' from reading Grazia and elle, but come to 'knowing' what is actually there is impossible until they get their treasure chest the week before release.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 10:02 AM

eupluvian's Flag is: Australia

Oh crap. Army books are $80 bucks now. No way I can afford all the codecies at that....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode