Sisters of battle - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Default Sisters of battle

Hi everyone! Its been a while since I posted last, and I thought I would drop a small update on what I know.

Anyway, here goes:

On the HQ side we are getting a re-sculpt of the Arch-Confessor in finecast, and finecast versions of everyones favorite angel. There is a new finecast cannonness model that comes with several hand options. As mentioned before there is a mini box of a priest in plastic. There are also four new HQ choices, all in finecast. I did not get to see them put together, only on the sprue, so their poses and overall how good they look is hard to tell. One was of some sort of priest guy with a massive ornate chainsaw sword (The chainsaw blade goes down both sides). Another one was a sister (Cannonness?) with a jump pack and a respirator as well as two flammer pistols. The model is quiet tall as she has some sort of robe thing the goes down to the base, holding her aloft. I personally think long robes make no sense when you are using a jetpack, but hey, maybe its fireproof. It is the future after all. The last one is a sister/cannonness in a casual pose with a combimelta.

The sisters repenta are getting re-sculpted (and are less nekkid though still not armored), but will be finecast, not plastic. Apparently repenting also requires you to shave your head.

There will be a total of three new plastic boxes with which I am told the player can make seven possible units out of for the infantry types.

The penitent engine box also apparently makes two different units, though I suppose they will both be large walking murder machines. One is a large murder machine that is really good at melta/flaming things but can also chop stuff up, the other is really good at chopping stuff up, but can also flammer/melta things.

The rhino kit makes the four sisters rhino based vehicles. Well, five if you count the rhino itself I suppose.

Oh, sisters are getting plasma guns and plasma cannons, and so is one of their tanks. Well, the cannon.

Thats all for now. Sorry its not to much new stuff, and sorry if someone already posted this stuff. Otherwise, enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 10:42 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexxy Camera View Post
Hi everyone! Its been a while since I posted last, and I thought I would drop a small update on what I know.

Anyway, here goes:

On the HQ side we are getting a re-sculpt of the Arch-Confessor in finecast, and finecast versions of everyones favorite angel. There is a new finecast cannonness model that comes with several hand options. As mentioned before there is a mini box of a priest in plastic. There are also four new HQ choices, all in finecast. I did not get to see them put together, only on the sprue, so their poses and overall how good they look is hard to tell. One was of some sort of priest guy with a massive ornate chainsaw sword (The chainsaw blade goes down both sides). Another one was a sister (Cannonness?) with a jump pack and a respirator as well as two flammer pistols. The model is quiet tall as she has some sort of robe thing the goes down to the base, holding her aloft. I personally think long robes make no sense when you are using a jetpack, but hey, maybe its fireproof. It is the future after all. The last one is a sister/cannonness in a casual pose with a combimelta.

The sisters repenta are getting re-sculpted (and are less nekkid though still not armored), but will be finecast, not plastic. Apparently repenting also requires you to shave your head. Well that's what happens in the fluff at least, so yeah.

There will be a total of three new plastic boxes with which I am told the player can make seven possible units out of for the infantry types.

The penitent engine box also apparently makes two different units, though I suppose they will both be large walking murder machines. One is a large murder machine that is really good at melta/flaming things but can also chop stuff up, the other is really good at chopping stuff up, but can also flammer/melta things. So basically they're both essentially the same thing but one will get a bonus to close combat and the other will get a bonus to shooting? Or somehting?

The rhino kit makes the four sisters rhino based vehicles. Well, five if you count the rhino itself I suppose. Counting the Rhino, Immolator (which has 3 Varients) and the Exorcist (which uses a Rhino Chassis), that means 2 more new vehicles?

Oh, sisters are getting plasma guns and plasma cannons, and so is one of their tanks. Well, the cannon. While I don't object to this idea since plasma does cause the target to violently burst into flames and plasma pistols are already a think the army gets, I'm sure some will cry "fluff rape" anyways.

Thats all for now. Sorry its not to much new stuff, and sorry if someone already posted this stuff. Otherwise, enjoy.
While I want to assume these are true, I'm not going to jump the gun on Sisters rumors. I'm a bit on the skeptical side after last time we got a bunch of these that failed to pan out. Nothing personal.
post #3 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Several new vehicles actually. I just could not tell what some were supposed to be because they were still on the sprue. So I dont want to speculate.

EDIT: I mean vehicles other then the rhino with some stuff on top type vehicles. They have the rhino set, the sinner killer robot set, and two other sets. That I know of.

Last edited by Sexxy Camera; 06-30-12 at 10:55 PM.

post #4 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 10:56 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Could you hint at your source. It's not that I don't trust you or anything, but there has been a lot of bullshit going round, e.g. with Tau.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #5 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:15 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

THANK THE EMPEROR

6th edition almost had me losing the faith and finally shelving my Sisters for good. Any word on a rough release time? 2012,13,14?
post #6 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:19 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
You again...

As I said in April last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel
Sexxy Camera is firmly filed under 'liar until proven otherwise'*

*If Sexxy Camera's current crop of rumours are proven true, I will hang on his or her every word from there on.
The fact that none of the stuff you talked about the last two times you popped up has surfaced in any form doesn't lend you much credence.

Quote:
Anyway, here goes:

On the HQ side we are getting a re-sculpt of the Arch-Confessor in finecast, and finecast versions of everyones favorite angel.

I doubt GW will Finecast either model any time soon, but it's plausible enough that anyone could 'predict' it on the off chance it does happen and they are 'proven right'.

There is a new finecast cannonness model that comes with several hand options. As mentioned before there is a mini box of a priest in plastic.

If either of these things happen without a new, real, codex, I'll eat my house.

There are also four new HQ choices, all in finecast. I did not get to see them put together, only on the sprue, so their poses and overall how good they look is hard to tell.

If you saw the spruse, that means you work in the studio at GW and live in or around Notts. They way you type makes me think you're a yank, so that's unlikely. If you do work at GW's HQ, you sure as hell wouldn't be posting stuff like this.

One was of some sort of priest guy with a massive ornate chainsaw sword (The chainsaw blade goes down both sides). Another one was a sister (Cannonness?) with a jump pack and a respirator as well as two flammer pistols.

If you were working in the studio, odds are you'd know what an Eviscerator is, and you'd know that the Canoness cannot have a Jump Pack. (You may even know how to spell 'canoness'.)

The model is quiet tall as she has some sort of robe thing the goes down to the base, holding her aloft. I personally think long robes make no sense when you are using a jetpack, but hey, maybe its fireproof. It is the future after all. The last one is a sister/cannonness in a casual pose with a combimelta.

The sisters repenta are getting re-sculpted (and are less nekkid though still not armored), but will be finecast, not plastic. Apparently repenting also requires you to shave your head.

I believe that the age of metal/finecast troops is over. I cannot see GW making a new unit kit finecast.

The penitent engine box also apparently makes two different units, though I suppose they will both be large walking murder machines. One is a large murder machine that is really good at melta/flaming things but can also chop stuff up, the other is really good at chopping stuff up, but can also flammer/melta things.

Again, it's a plausible enough prediction that it might happen and you can claim it as a valid prediction, it is in fact, a guess.

The rhino kit makes the four sisters rhino based vehicles. Well, five if you count the rhino itself I suppose.

Oh, sisters are getting plasma guns and plasma cannons, and so is one of their tanks. Well, the cannon.

No-one already posted these things because you made them up.

Incidentally - folks may remember a highly successful troll called Ghost21 - I long, long ago said I doubted his veracity because he had very poor spelling and grammar. I'm calling the same thing here.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

Last edited by Azezel; 06-30-12 at 11:22 PM.
post #7 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I am a Yank! I have been to England several times, but never to the office of games workshop, no.

But when you buy your new sisters models, whenever they come out (I don't know when that will be, no), look at the copywrite stamp. They have been done for a while now. Boxes of little sisters are someone, probably in England I imagine, waiting to be released. I am sure lots of other people, besides myself, have seen them.
post #8 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:37 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I am a Yank! I have been to England several times, but never to the office of games workshop, no.

But when you buy your new sisters models, whenever they come out (I don't know when that will be, no), look at the copywrite stamp. They have been done for a while now. Boxes of little sisters are someone, probably in England I imagine, waiting to be released. I am sure lots of other people, besides myself, have seen them.
The only Sisters on sale at the moment come out in metal and have a copyright championship from quite a while ago. So I'd love to know what copyright date you're talking about. I've yet to see anything that isn't an Immolator in plastic for the Sisters.

Last edited by Zion; 06-30-12 at 11:52 PM. Reason: I can't spell sometimes.
post #9 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:39 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Quote:
... never to the office of games workshop, no.
I am sure lots of other people, besides myself, have seen them.
So where did you see them at? And no, no one else has seen them, hows Sasquatch doing btw? I smell bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
The only Sisters on sale at the moment come out in metal and have a copywrite championship from quite a while ago. So I'd love to know what copywrite date you're talking about. I've yet to see anything that isn't an Immolator in plastic for the Sisters.
They are saying that when you get the new ones you will see the date is older, like 2010 or 11 since they (the new models) have been done for a while now.
post #10 of 285 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Zion, I mean when they are released, obviously.

2011 for the first wave stuff. From what I understand pretty much every model in the current range will replaced and updated within one year of their release, with every possible option in the codex available. Apparently there is a bunch of new stuff. No I have not seen all of it, just what I mentioned above.

Last edited by Sexxy Camera; 06-30-12 at 11:56 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode