Here's something that was raised for the Chaos codex and has got me thinking.
The chaos colour section has new colour varients in it for the big 4 legions. the Chaos rumour thread has my thoughts on it, but following that I had a real good close look at the Sisters colour section. I know the models in that army. I painted a fair few of them. And there are two new ones in there: bottom right of the second page.
Now normally I'd dismiss that as 'EM were asked to do a couple of new figures for the BRB'. I did 2 for the last one. However, combine that with the fact that we got a whole double-page spread (more than GKs), and the mysterious appearance of a salvo bolt-type weapon that doesn't appear in the appendices, and it's got that ember of hope glowing. And don't forget, this BRB was *finished* at Christmas. So if the Shellstorm Cannon is a new Holy Trinity weapon, then the codex was *at least* in draft stage back then.
My feeling the Shellstorm cannon is a new bolter weapon comes from the fact that the marines already have the Assault Cannon, the Reaper getting renamed is unlikely, and the only other army that kind of name might fit is Tau who tend to use plasma.
I know it's all very nebulous, but that's all we've got right now...
You Sir... Have my undivided attention.
That is (disturbing as it sounds) by far and away the best and most solid news we've had in eighteen months.
Keep the faith, my friends.
Interesting bit of text on the new ForgeWorld aircraft model:
"The Avenger is often specifically requested by the Adeptus Sororitas should they require close support in their purgations."
That suggests the Sisters of Battle have been taken into consideration for the lore... Meaning, if they were to be removed from the game, I doubt they would of been mentioned. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come.... Let's hope, eh?
No-one is suggesting that the Sisters are going to be officially squatted. The worst anyone fears is that they are just ignored forever (there is a difference) or mentioned here and there in the background (usually being killed by Space Marines) but never updated as an army.
Things I think SoB need:
1. Current stuff in Finecast/Plastic
2. A medium tank of some sort (akin to a Predator)
3. A Land-Raider equivalent (Possibly linked to No.2)
4. Terminator Equivalent.
Sisters aren't Space Marines. We don't need those things any more than Eldar or Orks do.
5. I've always seen/heard rumours of a "Sarcophagus" which is essentially SoB version of a Dreadnought.... Would make sense.....
6. A flyer (possibly the Avenger?)
In sixth? that's a given.
7. More IC. Currently have 3, and the Cannoness, which is 4. I'd expect an IC Cannoness.
Do you mean special characters? I hope not. Hate special characters so much.
8. I want nude Sister Repentia! They have Fleet now, no armour save and get Shield of Faith, being naked means they are totally at the mercy of the Emperor and if they are truly worth saving, they'll be protected and survive without armour! But that won't happen.... Alas no company does customizable 28mm nude figures....
Here's the thing, the chance of you ever actually seeing a real-life naked lady is inversely proportional to the number of tiny models of naked ladies you have. True story.
Or in other words, those of us who aren't fourteen years old anymore mostly prefer our minis to be wearing clothes.