Sisters of battle - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 02:11 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf View Post

Things I think SoB need:

1. Current stuff in Finecast/Plastic
True this, to make it cost affordable to start a new army for those out there who haven't
Quote:

2. A medium tank of some sort (akin to a Predator)
Our Medium Tank is the Exorcist. It fits the Predator model quite well already. I'd say we need a Heavy/Assault vehicle (see below)
Quote:

3. A Land-Raider equivalent (Possibly linked to No.2)
Sisters lack a decent all around armor punch. However, I see this going flyer for some reason. An a:12 assault flyer would be my guess. See below.
Quote:

4. Terminator Equivalent.
I just don't see this working in the fluff. Sisters just don't use Tactical Armor type squads. What fills this gap is the Death Cult. Modeled with a Power Axe and Power Sword, they should stand toe to toe with Terminators fairly well.
Quote:

5. I've always seen/heard rumours of a "Sarcophagus" which is essentially SoB version of a Dreadnought.... Would make sense.....
This already exists, and is called the Penitent Engine. I'd love to see something that "hard shells" the Engine, and gives it a point more armor, though.
Quote:

6. A flyer (possibly the Avenger?)
The Arvus Lighter is my guess for this. Seeing as it's already modeled. I'd love to see a 12/12/12 Arvus with Assault ramp to take in Repentia or Death Cult.
Quote:

7. More IC. Currently have 3, and the Cannoness, which is 4. I'd expect an IC Cannoness.
Can't argue with this. I'd love to see Mistress of the Repentant, making Repentia Scoring
Quote:

8. I want nude Sister Repentia! They have Fleet now, no armour save and get Shield of Faith, being naked means they are totally at the mercy of the Emperor and if they are truly worth saving, they'll be protected and survive without armour! But that won't happen.... Alas no company does customizable 28mm nude figures....

Try Shadowforge Light Temple Auxiliary. Not quite totally clothesless, but they get fairly close. http://www.shadowforge.com.au/prod_pages/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
True this, to make it cost affordable to start a new army for those out there who haven'tOur Medium Tank is the Exorcist. It fits the Predator model quite well already. I'd say we need a Heavy/Assault vehicle (see below) Sisters lack a decent all around armor punch. However, I see this going flyer for some reason. An a:12 assault flyer would be my guess. See below.I just don't see this working in the fluff. Sisters just don't use Tactical Armor type squads. What fills this gap is the Death Cult. Modeled with a Power Axe and Power Sword, they should stand toe to toe with Terminators fairly well. This already exists, and is called the Penitent Engine. I'd love to see something that "hard shells" the Engine, and gives it a point more armor, though.The Arvus Lighter is my guess for this. Seeing as it's already modeled. I'd love to see a 12/12/12 Arvus with Assault ramp to take in Repentia or Death Cult.Can't argue with this. I'd love to see Mistress of the Repentant, making Repentia Scoring Try Shadowforge Light Temple Auxiliary. Not quite totally clothesless, but they get fairly close. http://www.shadowforge.com.au/prod_pages/index.html
Oooo, nice website! Thanks! +Rep for you!

I've found these ones (for my models):

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/ly...ition-300.html

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/nude-study-2-1.html

But they are 30mm-32mm.....problem is I think they are one full model... Not sure though

The thing about my Sarcofigus and the Penitent Engine is that the Engine is used as a punishment, not as a revered place for heroes to continue the fight. Hmmm... I dunno. Exorcists I suppose could count as a medium tank.

Anyway, the two weapons I don't know (apart from Shellcannon) are Dragons Breath Flamer and Marco-Cannon.
post #223 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 05:17 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Anyway, the two weapons I don't know (apart from Shellcannon) are Dragons Breath Flamer and Marco-Cannon.
Dragon's Breath Flamer is an optional weapon for a Fire Dragon Exarch.

The Macro Cannon is a large planetary defense cannon, able to fire in to near orbit, if I remember correctly, but don't quote me on it.

Both weapons are nothing new though, in fact the Macro has been in the original Rogue Trader book, dunno when the Dragon's Breath first popped up.

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult

post #224 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 07:08 PM

HoboAnarki's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Goes without saying really
Quote:
This could probably be done by just giving the exorcist more turret options, although that might make it a little too much like a predator.
Quote:
If you mean a heavily armoured tank, then I'd quite like to see a new imperial tank chassis a bit like a non super-heavy Malcador or Macarius. If you were referring to an assault vehicle, I think something open topped would be pretty unique for an imperial faction and still let you deliver your assault troops to the front.
Quote:
As long as they're not wearing TDA this seems like a good idea, artificer armour would seem more in character.
Quote:
I'm sure there will be a flyer in every new codex from now on, although I do seem to remember GW saying they weren't going to be converting anymore FW vehicles to plastic. To be honest hough, I would really mind sharing the valkyrie with the IG, I love that model.
Quote:
7. More IC. Currently have 3, and the Cannoness, which is 4. I'd expect an IC Cannoness.
There's certainly room in the codex for Saint Praxedes and Helena the Virtuous.
post #225 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 08:26 PM

Yeah. I think Artificer wearing Elite would make more sense. They get the save from Shield of Faith, not as good, but since you can only do one save roll now.... :\

They also need some "special" units. You know, fun units that nobody would use in a tournament, but would for fun. For example, I love the GK Assassins... I also love the Death Cult girls in the Battle Conclaves. The problem is... one of the models has two blades, representative of their stats, one only has a single blade. They have 2A base, but since they have two power weapons, it goes to 3A.... So they need funky stuff like that.

I also have a question... the Celestines have two pistols... they have base attack of 2A.... since pistols = melee weapon, two pistols = 2 melee weapons.... so, do you get the bonus +1A for it then? So do they go in assault with 3A (4A if they charge)? Or, if they have a power sword and a pistol, does the same apply? So on, so forth....
post #226 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 11:18 PM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
And PG-13 models, sure. Even R rated ones, but GW won't do X-rated models.
The funny thing is that in warhammer 40K universe horrifying torture occurs everyday (Inquisition, Dark Eldar etc...), there is mass slaying in the most brutal ways imaginable (blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!), but nude women are considered offensive....
Naked repentias is kind of inappropriate, but I can easily imagine (or rather not....) daemonettes being nude.
I find it ironic, that GW survives on teenagers, while the content (not the miniatures unfortunately) is definitely 18+ .

The Emperor protects.
post #227 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 11:50 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Here's something that was raised for the Chaos codex and has got me thinking.

The chaos colour section has new colour varients in it for the big 4 legions. the Chaos rumour thread has my thoughts on it, but following that I had a real good close look at the Sisters colour section. I know the models in that army. I painted a fair few of them. And there are two new ones in there: bottom right of the second page.

Now normally I'd dismiss that as 'EM were asked to do a couple of new figures for the BRB'. I did 2 for the last one. However, combine that with the fact that we got a whole double-page spread (more than GKs), and the mysterious appearance of a salvo bolt-type weapon that doesn't appear in the appendices, and it's got that ember of hope glowing. And don't forget, this BRB was *finished* at Christmas. So if the Shellstorm Cannon is a new Holy Trinity weapon, then the codex was *at least* in draft stage back then.

My feeling the Shellstorm cannon is a new bolter weapon comes from the fact that the marines already have the Assault Cannon, the Reaper getting renamed is unlikely, and the only other army that kind of name might fit is Tau who tend to use plasma.

I know it's all very nebulous, but that's all we've got right now...
You Sir... Have my undivided attention.

That is (disturbing as it sounds) by far and away the best and most solid news we've had in eighteen months.

Keep the faith, my friends.

Quote:
Interesting bit of text on the new ForgeWorld aircraft model:

"The Avenger is often specifically requested by the Adeptus Sororitas should they require close support in their purgations."

That suggests the Sisters of Battle have been taken into consideration for the lore... Meaning, if they were to be removed from the game, I doubt they would of been mentioned. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come.... Let's hope, eh?
No-one is suggesting that the Sisters are going to be officially squatted. The worst anyone fears is that they are just ignored forever (there is a difference) or mentioned here and there in the background (usually being killed by Space Marines) but never updated as an army.

Quote:

Things I think SoB need:

Obviously.

Quote:
Sisters aren't Space Marines. We don't need those things any more than Eldar or Orks do.

Quote:
5. I've always seen/heard rumours of a "Sarcophagus" which is essentially SoB version of a Dreadnought.... Would make sense.....
Bindun.

Quote:
In sixth? that's a given.

Quote:
Do you mean special characters? I hope not. Hate special characters so much.

Quote:
8. I want nude Sister Repentia! They have Fleet now, no armour save and get Shield of Faith, being naked means they are totally at the mercy of the Emperor and if they are truly worth saving, they'll be protected and survive without armour! But that won't happen.... Alas no company does customizable 28mm nude figures....
Here's the thing, the chance of you ever actually seeing a real-life naked lady is inversely proportional to the number of tiny models of naked ladies you have. True story.

Or in other words, those of us who aren't fourteen years old anymore mostly prefer our minis to be wearing clothes.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #228 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 12:22 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I also have a question... the Celestines have two pistols... they have base attack of 2A.... since pistols = melee weapon, two pistols = 2 melee weapons.... so, do you get the bonus +1A for it then? So do they go in assault with 3A (4A if they charge)? Or, if they have a power sword and a pistol, does the same apply? So on, so forth....

I think you mean Seraphim? Seraphim are the jump pack infantry with two pistols. Celestians (Not Celestines), are elite Sisters of Battle who are essentially the same but have slightly better stats and options for special weapons.
post #229 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I think you mean Seraphim? Seraphim are the jump pack infantry with two pistols. Celestians (Not Celestines), are elite Sisters of Battle who are essentially the same but have slightly better stats and options for special weapons.
Er, yeah, that's what I meant. Tired

I was just curious if having two normal pistols and or a combo of melee + pistol still gave +1A bonus.... All I could find was Gunslinger.
post #230 of 285 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post

No-one is suggesting that the Sisters are going to be officially squatted. The worst anyone fears is that they are just ignored forever (there is a difference) or mentioned here and there in the background (usually being killed by Space Marines) but never updated as an army.
Not updating them is pretty much the same thing. It's like saying "It's too much work to even remove them, just play with your metal models and make rules yourself". I don't see the point of them even mentioning SoB in the description for the aircraft if it was just a quirky bit of fluff somebody did.

Quote:
Sisters aren't Space Marines. We don't need those things any more than Eldar or Orks do.
Correct, they are not. Yet most, if not all, armies get some sort of tougher, higher armour save/ward save unit. Orks get, guess what, Meganobs, which look very similar to terminators. Mega Armour: "...but it can withstand insane amounts of punishment, almost as much as Imperial Terminator Armour" Therefore, this seems to be an Ork equivalent of Terminators. Eldar get Aspect Armour... I never said "Give Sisters of Battle Terminator Armour LOL!" If you read the other discussions (I assume you did) then you'd of noticed I had discussed the simple possibility of a new elite unit or option to equip Artificer Armour instead of Power Armour.... Same Armour Save as a Terminator Armour... just no ward save....

Quote:
Do you mean special characters? I hope not. Hate special characters so much.
Yes I do, and while you dislike them, many people don't. If people didn't like SC, they wouldn't make them for every army. Even the Necrons got some new ones, I think. As already posted in reply to my points, others would like to see certain SC. Some people like them more than the 'Generic' HQ's. You are not affected by them releasing a new SC as you won't be getting them... how it causes you harm or makes you angry I don't know.

Quote:
Here's the thing, the chance of you ever actually seeing a real-life naked lady is inversely proportional to the number of tiny models of naked ladies you have. True story.

Or in other words, those of us who aren't fourteen years old anymore mostly prefer our minis to be wearing clothes.
Edited this, no point in defending my actions. Fine, if you want to believe I'm a 14 year old pre-pubescent teenager, go for it.... If it floats your boat. I wanted them for a specific reason, it's something that would give me a great amount of pleasure in my hobby and make me enjoy it. I guess GW is run my 14 year olds seeing as Morathi is topless.....

Last edited by Troublehalf; 07-17-12 at 02:04 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode