6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 27 June 2012) - Page 43 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:30 PM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Side note: Necron overlords are now one of the best bullet sponges for your army. It should only take around 85-100 bolter rounds before the enemy can hit my warriors. Then there is always the chance he will stand back up (This is assuming that you give him the 2+ save)
How so?

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:37 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Side note: Necron overlords are now one of the best bullet sponges for your army. It should only take around 85-100 bolter rounds before the enemy can hit my warriors. Then there is always the chance he will stand back up (This is assuming that you give him the 2+ save)
Indeed they are. Esecially if the unit has Chronometron-tek in it and the lord has a res orb. And if your opponent starts to las-cannon him to death you can just "Look out, sir!" all those nasty ap2 shots to the warriors.
Maybe Necrons is the new black....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #423 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
How many different saves are you likely to have in a single unit?

If an IC has joined a unit and he is at the front roll for him, when he dies roll everyone else's.
Depending on the incoming shots, and with battle brother allies... uh... 5? 6?

Example: BT crusader squad with initiates (3+) and neophytes (4+). Toss in the EC (doesn't count towards HQ units), a marshal in terminator armor (2+/5++) and another IC with a stormshield (3+/3++). Now toss in a Battle brother ally with yet another save configuration, and set up the unit with the ICs toward the front.

This is suddenly a mess.

post #424 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:41 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good grief, way to try and overcomplicate a simple system.

From what I understand, any unit you roll saves. That many die, take from the front first regardless of equipment. Simple.

If you have something spangly at the front, which isn't going to happen often, like an IC or Exarch with an invulnerable, that's the only time you'd need to go one by one.

Though to be honest: space marine character with 3+ followed by 5+ for whatever reason, in a tactical squad. 10 wounds caused: 2 saves made. Roll addition spangly 5+ 8 times: 2 saves made. Hey presto, there's enough failed wounds for your 3 wound captain to die, and then the remaining kill 3 marines.

Doesn't seem too hard. Let's see how it's worded it the book, as that quoted post isn't direct from the book with that wording...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #425 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:51 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voss View Post
Depending on the incoming shots, and with battle brother allies... uh... 5? 6?

Example: BT crusader squad with initiates (3+) and neophytes (4+). Toss in the EC (doesn't count towards HQ units), a marshal in terminator armor (2+/5++) and another IC with a stormshield (3+/3++). Now toss in a Battle brother ally with yet another save configuration, and set up the unit with the ICs toward the front.

This is suddenly a mess.
Not really. Assuming those blokes are at the front:

Pick one. Roll all saves vs his save. Any excess over what is needed to kill him gets rerolled vs the next blokes save. Carry on until you run out of dice or blokes. If multiple the same have the same save, take multiple off.

People are making this seem more complicated than it needs to be. Let's see how the wording is in the actual book before getting all het up. And as to the example above: if you don't want to have saves take forever, *don't build units like that*. 'tis your own fault

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #426 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 10:08 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Tabby has pretty much pegged it I think. Just roll all the saves at once and start counting the number of failed saves starting closest to the shooter. Just cause you've got some 3+ and 4+ guys wouldn't mean the 3+ guy could take 30 shots while the 4+ could take 10. It just makes it more realistic at the end of the day that the guys in the line of the hail of bullets are gonna get killed before the guys at the back.

Think about it... take 10 saves at 4+, say you average 6 saves.. so 4 wounds... in a 5 man squad you loose 4 of them. Add in the 3+ character and you make 7 saves, you only loose 2 guys and take a wound off the character. As said... more realisitc.
post #427 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Not really. Assuming those blokes are at the front:

Pick one. Roll all saves vs his save. Any excess over what is needed to kill him gets rerolled vs the next blokes save. Carry on until you run out of dice or blokes. If multiple the same have the same save, take multiple off.

People are making this seem more complicated than it needs to be. Let's see how the wording is in the actual book before getting all het up. And as to the example above: if you don't want to have saves take forever, *don't build units like that*. 'tis your own fault

Actually, I was just answering 'how many saves could you have in a single unit,' I wouldn't actually put together a unit like that.

But you're also oversimplifying a bit. If the 3+ and 4+ are alternated with each other (and the characters as well), you can't just take out batches, because 'closest' wouldn't be consistent, and you wouldn't know how many to remove until you've rolled the dice.

But basically, I think this new information from Faiet is inaccurate in some way. It doesn't really match up with earlier rumours, and it seems more problematic (in terms of time and exploiting the rules) than those initial rumours. We'll see how it actually is in a couple days.

Last edited by Voss; 06-27-12 at 10:22 PM.
post #428 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Tabby has pretty much pegged it I think. Just roll all the saves at once and start counting the number of failed saves starting closest to the shooter. Just cause you've got some 3+ and 4+ guys wouldn't mean the 3+ guy could take 30 shots while the 4+ could take 10. It just makes it more realistic...
That's the thing though, do you roll everything that guy failed or everything the next guy would have failed too if the first dies? I never said it was complicated, just wondered how they set it up. I mean why take a wound that the first guy would save? Rerolling sort of makes sense as it wouldn't just blast through the first automatically but it could possibly do that.

That's why I want to see the wording. Seems like it must be simple but there are a few ways to do that.
post #429 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 10:30 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post
That's the thing though, do you roll everything that guy failed or everything the next guy would have failed too if the first dies? I never said it was complicated, just wondered how they set it up. I mean why take a wound that the first guy would save? Rerolling sort of makes sense as it wouldn't just blast through the first automatically but it could possibly do that.

That's why I want to see the wording. Seems like it must be simple but there are a few ways to do that.

I understand where your comming from, but its just a fairer way of wound allocation. Instead of picking who died from failed saves, they're just taking out from the closest to the shooter first. You'd still have failed X many saves, its just who dies which has changed with the ruling.
post #430 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 10:33 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Yes indeed. Throw him an a Court with 2 more Necron Lords with the same save and you have one very hard-to-kill unit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode