6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 27 June 2012) - Page 40 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 04:58 PM

pantat's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking good! Be amazingly funny to see a marine take 20 hits and pass 19 for a whole squad haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:07 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

So, rune priests just got dumped in with all the other generic shit? wow. that blows. hoping psycannons will be FAQ'd to a salvo weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #393 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:25 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Anyone notice the retarded shit possible with this wound allocation system? Look my marines and terminators now have a 2+ or 3+ inv save on the two guys at the front of the unit guess you are going to have to count on causing 12 or so wounds before my unit gives a damn about the AP of your guns. I see a lot of force stave duecebaggery from GK players in the near future.

Side note: Berzerkers now only have 2 attacks and no way to boast initiative. If the new book wasn't coming up soon I would seriously consider smashing them into plastic dust to cast more plasma guns for my chosen.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 06-27-12 at 05:29 PM.

post #394 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:29 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Anyone notice the retarded shit possible with this wound allocation system? Look my marines and terminators now have a 2+ or 3+ inv save on the two guys at the front of the unit guess you are going to have to count on causing 12 or so wounds before my unit gives a damn about the AP of your guns. I see a lot of force stave duecebaggery from GK players in the near future.

Side note: Berzerkers now only have 2 attacks and no way to boast initiative. If the new book wasn't coming up soon I would seriously consider smashing them into plastic dust to cast more plasma guns for my chosen.
Warding stave only works in combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #395 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:37 PM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Wow, lookes like wyches got nerfed a LOT! No more bonus attack from pistols, fleet doesn't allow to charge after running and finally: overwatch. how for the webways sake are they supposed to even survive the incoming fire??? thats bulls***

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
post #396 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:39 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyr View Post
Careful with that line of reasoning. If it's NOT true, will you be ready to admit that 40K has become a gravy train for Imperial MeQ armies? On the record? And dedicate your life to curb-stomping Mat Ward?
Just because they haven't changed it so it's better for those not in power armour, doesn't mean it's *just* written for those who are. World's not black and white, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
I disagree. It doesn't make sense that guardsmen can all of the sudden shrug off Rocket Propelled, Uranium-Tipped, explosive bullets of a Bolter or the disintegrating power of a Gauss Flayer.

Also, in terms to the Gauss Blaster, it's AP value is really the only thing that might make it worth using over the Tesla Carbine.

As much as it may balance a few things, it probably won't happen.
With shooting it's easier to see them exploding nearby and armour deflecting, etc, but you're likely right, which is why it was wistful. You've got to admit, for Dark Eldar, Orks, IG and most 'nids, they may as well come to battle naked for all the good their armour does them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
My FLGS likely won't get it until Thursday but I don't get paid until Friday so I won't be getting it until then either way. Our club is getting a copy as well (using a combination of club funds and donations to purchase it), but I know I'm going to want my own for pouring over. Plus I like looking at the pretty pictures and reading the fluff.

Thinking of 6th Edition, I'm hoping it turns out Sisters get their PDF on the release to help clarify some of the rules things that are still goody looking, and give them some nice 6th Ed based rules so they can continue to be awesome in 6th. Who knows, if they turn out to be decent outside of their metal boxes I may be looking more at using them as a foot or hybrid army rather than looking at jumping ship.

Either way I'll be looking to update my write up on Sisters once we see what they're getti ng (FAQ/New PDF/Boot To the Face) once I get that rulebook in hand.
Sisters were written with the rulebook finished. Most we'll get is updated wording and adding in of rules that would otherwise have made people go "wtf?"

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #397 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:43 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhara'Keth View Post
Wow, lookes like wyches got nerfed a LOT! No more bonus attack from pistols, fleet doesn't allow to charge after running and finally: overwatch. how for the webways sake are they supposed to even survive the incoming fire??? thats bulls***
Actually I'm looking at the way the person worded the way he said it:
Pistols do not provide any additional bonuses in CC.
Now this may be wishful thinking on my part but I think the person is saying aside from the extra close combat attack they don't provide other bonuses. Such as using its strength or AP (which were rumored to do so).
post #398 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:51 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

I hope so necrosis as this edition already looks like a shooting gallery with massive nerfs to most CC armies and troops all over the place.

Note: I really don't like the idea of guard,tau stopping superior orc or nid players just because of constant good rolls on over watch and bad rolls on charges.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #399 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
Now this may be wishful thinking on my part but I think the person is saying aside from the extra close combat attack they don't provide other bonuses. Such as using its strength or AP (which were rumored to do so).
I thought this was a no brainier
Myself.

They meant they they offer no advantages that they don't currently offer

I remember rumors about plasma pistols counting as power weapons.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #400 of 725 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 06:04 PM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
Let's hope so

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode