Digital Codex Question Answers - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

woopss, moved the wrong thread to general.... I'm too tired for this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 03:59 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelann08 View Post
The amount of skepticism people display for GW is shocking at times.
im just gonna assume that this is somewhat directed at myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Customer Service
We will be releasing updates for Codexes for things such as Errata's and FAQ's. Once an update for a product has been launched, the customer will need to delete their original version and re purchase the product. The customer wont be charged for re purchasing the same product. Customers need to be aware that any notes left in their original version of the book will be lost when deleting and re purchasing the update.
it could be a simple mistake of using the wrong word, because who is perfect in using English. but the bolded area is the part where im not trustworthy.

besides i wouldnt put it past GW to say that and actually make you buy the book again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
besides i wouldnt put it past GW to say that and actually make you buy the book again.
Yeah well, they are trying to sell the things right now so they for damn sure aren't going to say, "Yeah we don't plan on supporting it at all."

Even the smallest amount of support will allow them to say, "See we supported it! We didn't lie!"

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 02:54 PM

The reason you have to delete is that iBooks are a packaged product - meaning that there isn't a way to do an incremental update. So if the book is updated, you technically delete then redownload the book. This is a limitation of Apples iBook system - not corporate conspiracy from GW to get you to repurchase a book. As someone who uses iBooks quite a bit, I've not had an issue with this process.

To add a bit more - this process is identical to how apps work in the iTunes app store. If you have an iPhone or iPad and have been using the app store (and getting upgrades for your apps - which are deleted and redownloaded also) then this is nothing new.

Last edited by HadronFlux; 06-25-12 at 02:58 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 04:55 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

I wish they did it similar to the Marvel Comics, where you get a digital code where you can then get a digital version of the book for free. I think that would be awesome.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode