6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 51 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #501 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obinhi View Post
Hey when was the GW preorder posted? I'm looking at local time and its been the 23rd in the uk for a good 2 hours now.

Also are there going to be any midnight relesed anywhere? I know my local game shop is having a tourniment that day but it'll be 5th ed rules as this event was planned ages ago.
It's already up for pre-order. You might need to clear your cookies and try the site again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 01:18 AM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

I don't have a fullsize 5E rulebook - was the rules section in color for that one? I know my old 4E isn't. It looks amazing. That's a lot of ink and having actual pictures instead of hand drawn diagrams will make for a more enjoyable read.

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

post #503 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 01:31 AM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
It's already up for pre-order. You might need to clear your cookies and try the site again.
Oh I can see it just fine, but it went up on the 22nd here (obviously) I was just wondering if there was any special timeing for it or anything. I did not see anything so I wanted to make sure nothing flew over my head. Sorry about the confusion.

With all of the new rules and ways of doing buisness, I hope my orks get a codex by 2013, you know unless the myans are right.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #504 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 01:32 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I think the Mayans had the next Ork Dex pencilled in for 2017....

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #505 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 01:41 AM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
I think the Mayans had the next Ork Dex pencilled in for 2017....
Oh good, well at least its planned then right! God I am so pee my pants excited about his ed. I really am going to expand my collection with the allies stuff. Adding my Russes to say a Black Templar force sounds pretty nice to me right now.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #506 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:14 AM

capnmoe's Flag is: USA

Ok so I just watched the new vid with some of the rules in it. Did Multi-lasers really need a nerf. They lost their AP6 lol. Come on now.
post #507 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmoe View Post
Ok so I just watched the new vid with some of the rules in it. Did Multi-lasers really need a nerf. They lost their AP6 lol. Come on now.
I'm thinking GW may have revamped AP as we know it. All we've heard so far is info on AP1, 2 and 3. I have yet to see anything AP 4, 5 or 6. The vehicle damage dice are listed as "AP 1, 2, 3". Now you've noticed where the rulebook has removed an AP 6 designation.

There's a good chance they've redone the system in a new fashion to incorporate hull points and CCW.

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

post #508 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:25 AM

capnmoe's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelann08 View Post
I'm thinking GW may have revamped AP as we know it. All we've heard so far is info on AP1, 2 and 3. I have yet to see anything AP 4, 5 or 6. The vehicle damage dice are listed as "AP 1, 2, 3". Now you've noticed where the rulebook has removed an AP 6 designation.

There's a good chance they've redone the system in a new fashion to incorporate hull points and CCW.
Rewatched it. I believe you are correct. There's nothing listed other than AP 1,2,3,- in the chart.
post #509 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:54 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Watch it in full screen, has some interesting glimpses of the rules

New vehicle types: Chariot, Heavy, Flyer (of course) and Hover

Flyer rules: Zoom is 18-36" (crusing and combat speed), and flyers can fire up to 4 weapons at FULL BS while zooming, and cannot be assaulted afterwards. Downside is that flyers can only make a 90degree turn before movement, and have to go straight after that. They can also go off the table and return the next turn, as we've heard before, which will be useful if you want to keep zooming around, to keep your flyer protected.

Also, flyers suffering an immobilised result has to move at the same speed it had been going. If it's destroyed, a large blast template scatters from it, and hits with Str 6. Anyone inside a destroyed transport flyer takes a ST 10 (well, MEQs won't care as long as they don't have an instagibbed expensive character, but IG and Orks will be worried about that), and are placed inside the blast marker.

Also, theres a little bit on Allies - they come in levels. Allies of convenience, whichever level they might be, treat eachother as enemy models, who cannot be targeted (including by psychic powers) or assaulted. That'll stop quite a bit of the allied shenanigans, though far from all of them. It'll also be good for the Imperial forces, as they'll probably have a lot more Brothers-in-arms allies (which probably have better synergy) than any of the Xeno races.

Few other bits and bobs, mostly stuff we've heard before like Psyker levels and

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 06-23-12 at 05:07 AM.
post #510 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Flyer rules: Zoom is 18-36"
I'm not sure if it makes a substantial difference to your point, but I wanted to mention that the exact wording is 18" = combat speed, 36" = cruising speed. That may be a significant designation. It also may not.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode