6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 48 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:18 PM

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Well guys Saturday is almost here: the reveal of project VI!!! And alongside that it's the release of the new storm of iron book; the best of hammer and bolter collection and the new solar macharius book, angle of fire! Some sweet releases, some awesome books, the chance to advance order some amazing limited edition stuff... How am I going to fit it all into one day? With an early open that's how!!! See you lot at 9 tomorrow!!!
Just pulled this of my local GW's FB update. So this means no purchasing of 6th tomorrow? How long do the pre orders usually last, it's a week, isn't it?

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post
On one hand allies seems like a way got get people to buy more just because but at the same time you can't really cry that your codex sucks donkey when you can argument it. I can't fight terminators with banshees anymore (at least not as well as scopions) but I can send terminators with my Eldar as troops :D
Yeah, why bitch about your xenos codex sucking? Now you can just play SPACE MARIEENS instead!

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #473 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
So... If your army doesn't have pintle-mounted heavy weapons or- let's drop all the pretenses, if you're not a SPACE MARINE a flyer will fuck your day so bad it's like you're facing a mech spam list armed with nothing but laspistols.
Aren't dark lances pintle mounted?

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar

post #474 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gary View Post
Just pulled this of my local GW's FB update. So this means no purchasing of 6th tomorrow? How long do the pre orders usually last, it's a week, isn't it?
Correct, just pre-orders for the next week. Release date is 30 June.
post #475 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Yeah, why bitch about your xenos codex sucking? Now you can just play SPACE MARIEENS instead!
Or you could ally another army in that covers your weaknesses. Like Tau for shooting and Hammerheads paired with Dark Eldar and Incubi or Wyches.
post #476 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
What, there's Eldar players that still field troops in transports? And expect to unload them?

I thought everyone just went "Eldrad + the bare absolute minimum of the crappiest troop choices and then just mech spam".
Yeah oddly I've never used him. Have him but I enjoy CC over mech, though I've laughed as IG have spent entire turns not killing my wave serpents but if you use a Falcon and don't carry anything you're paying +100 fot a tank that can barely hit the barn let alone any side of it, not worth it to me by itself. Prsims are fun though... Course i don't have a billion dollars to get a all prism/jet bike army :D

I was thinking the hit dice simply have different sides to account for the modifiers though, unless they change how the table in a weird way that would prevent a d6. D6s are fine for me though if it's not. I'm just hoping this new system keeps them from dieing instantly but let's you ping them to death anyway at worst before turn 50.

Oh and yeah I agree the allies does add a ton of color to armie ls. Playstyles and literal colors...but with armies they have lots of colors anyway.
post #477 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:45 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Or how about using a little imagination? You want something in your army that has terminator armour? Use the ally rules to get a squad, but model them as eldar in super-Heavy armour of some description. Maybe CC wraithguard?

you don't need to use actual SM...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #478 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Or how about using a little imagination? You want something in your army that has terminator armour? Use the ally rules to get a squad, but model them as eldar in super-Heavy armour of some description. Maybe CC wraithguard?

Wait...you mean people still have imaginations? I thought I was the only one!
post #479 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Wait...you mean people still have imaginations? I thought I was the only one!

No, you just imagined that.
post #480 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post

It might just be me, but I don't like bringing units that no one knows what they are. I find it rude personally. I like to know what everything on the board is.

I hate it when games are being played and these landspeeders are ravagers, while those landspeeders are raiders with flicker fields and those kroot with no arms are incubi, but this battlesuit is a grotesque. The rest is wysiwyg, except that all of the ones that are painted purple are holding dark lances. Got that?

I see that you guys have no problem with fielding terminators with your eldar, or 'balancing' the armies that they made weak on purpose by allowing you to take units from armies that they made OP on purpose, but that's not really cool with me.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar

Last edited by Eleven; 06-22-12 at 05:06 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode