6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 46 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 10:16 AM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Sounds like you will need flyers in most armies to have a chance off taking out flyers.
I dont think Orks will care, hitting on 5s or 6s, who cares.... DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!

Tankbustas in a Battlewagon might be a really good way to shoot them down, unless they also have the rule that reduces the range of all weapons shot at them by 24".

Pintle mounted weapons can apparently shoot at fliers with no penalty.... but what pintlemounted weapons have the strength to even glance AV10-12?

Chaos Rhino Havoc launcher? Is that a pintle mounted weapon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 10:20 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I dont think Orks will care, hitting on 5s or 6s, who cares.... DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!

Tankbustas in a Battlewagon might be a really good way to shoot them down, unless they also have the rule that reduces the range of all weapons shot at them by 24".

Pintle mounted weapons can apparently shoot at fliers with no penalty.... but what pintlemounted weapons have the strength to even glance AV10-12?

Chaos Rhino Havoc launcher? Is that a pintle mounted weapon?
Pintle mounted combi-bolters, for one shot chances would be a possibility. Also, pintle mounted multi-meltas on Land raiders.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #453 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 10:23 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Pintle mounted combi-bolters, for one shot chances would be a possibility. Also, pintle mounted multi-meltas on Land raiders.
hmm....you have a good point it would be a good idea to kill anything with pintle mounts asap.... Do we know if any troops will be able to shoot down fliers easy enough? (Orks don't count)

post #454 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 11:23 AM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

So it will be easier to hit fliers with blast weapons, better to shoot the frag at a flier than the krak? Perhaps blast weapons can't hit fliers?

Still nothing about assaulting fliers, I hope you can't do it, perhaps with assault troops but they'd have to take dangerous terrain tests or something :D
post #455 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 11:41 AM

Assaulting a flier is insane... I love it :D
post #456 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post
Assaulting a flier is insane... I love it :D
Legolas would assault a flier - but I'm not sure about anyone in the 40K universe.

Though, thinking about it, given how dangerous bird-strike is for real-world planes, I'd reckon gargoyles could bring down most planes by clogging the engines...

I'm the sort of hobbyist who will never feature in What's New Today. Behold my meagre efforts: http://misfratz.wordpress.com
post #457 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:07 PM

Not to mention I think the Space Marine game had rocket propelled orks trying to bring down a Valkyrie in flight... A decidedly suicidal move but if we're going"cinematic" here? I could actually see this being done. Having assault Marines jump up and taking down some flying beast sounds "exciting". Also helps make jump infantry useful as a possible flier solution.
post #458 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:17 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

My gargoyles never do anything but die, so them dying taking out enemy fliers seems a step up

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #459 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
So... If your army doesn't have pintle-mounted heavy weapons or- let's drop all the pretenses, if you're not a SPACE MARINE a flyer will fuck your day so bad it's like you're facing a mech spam list armed with nothing but laspistols.
post #460 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:21 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Let's have a look at which armies don't have fliers, or creatures that can fly.

If you don't use FW stuff, that's Sisters (interim codex), Eldar (old codex) and Tau (old codex). If I'm missing something really obvious please let me know.

We haven't seen the rulebook yet. We're only getting one side of the flier story, the bits that make them sound awesome. For all we know, anything classed as Heavy Support might have access to this Skyfire rule.

The old 'flying high' rules made jump packs and wings an unstoppable pain in the ass. I sincerely doubt they'd put something back in like that. The appearance at present is that 6s to hit only apply at speed or at higher level flying, which also screws your own effectiveness.

Let's see the whole picture before we decry it as broken?

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode