6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 43 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Perhaps you can't ally with yourself? That chart from GW did allow it though, but that was for a 2v2 tournament.
One army allied with the same army is just stupid. In a multiplayer game it makes sense because you can't force the other guy to play something else but per player it just seems like a silly way to eek out extra HQ slots etc. Granted I guess abusive HQ's are costly so I wouldn't be terribly worried, it just seems unintended.

On the other hand you could have allied successor chapters, craftworlds, hives, etc, logically. Though it doesn't make as much sense for the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
So, we are assuming power weapons are AP3 based on some loose phrasing in WD? Super. If it says a power fist or power axe, i guarantee that refers to all power weapons
I thought it said the fist/axe/possibly hammer were AP2 or something while the rest was AP3. Though I'm curious if all melee weapons get AP though and what. Would be nice if chainswords did more than oh...knives an such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:23 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post

I thought it said the fist/axe/possibly hammer were AP2 or something while the rest was AP3. Though I'm curious if all melee weapons get AP though and what. Would be nice if chainswords did more than oh...knives an such.
There are no differentiations between power axes and other power weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #423 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:54 AM

MichaelCarmine's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Maybe there are now? Isn't there a Rumour, that Powerswords grant a 5++ in CC?

- Simply imagine, this would be a cool signature!

post #424 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:57 AM
Ancient Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCarmine View Post
in the wargear entries of codices there arent. It seems counter productive

Quote:
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
post #425 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Well this...

Quote:
About Terminators...

anything short of a power fist or power axe just won't cut it in combat, meaning they'll benefit from their 2+ armour save most of the time.
...suggests otherwise. I'm not really sure about the axes but I get the fist/hammers at least. If you can punch a tank dead, infantry shouldn't be an issue. This wouldn't even be worth mentioning if they were the same as power weapons otherwise because before those worked.
post #426 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:03 AM
Ancient Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post
Well this...

...suggests otherwise. I'm not really sure about the axes but I get the fist/hammers at least. If you can punch a tank dead, infantry shouldn't be an issue. This wouldn't even be worth mentioning if they were the same as power weapons otherwise because before those worked.
It is white dwarf, it is notoriously shit and badly written. once i have the rules in my hand i will be happy to accept it, but until then power weapons are ap2

Quote:
Quote:
post #427 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:06 AM

Quote:
in the wargear entries of codices there arent. It seems counter productive
Jeah, maybe...
But in Codex: SW, for example, you can choose between Frostaxes and Frostblades... Also Powerweapons... But with +1 Strength, of course...
GW only has to say, if you have access to Powerweapons, you can choose between one of the effects!?

post #428 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:08 AM
Ancient Relic

Quote:
Jeah, maybe...
But in Codex: SW, for example, you can choose between Frostaxes and Frostblades... Also Powerweapons... But with +1 Strength, of course...
GW only has to say, if you have access to Powerweapons, you can choose between one of the effects!?
Possibly, i'd just count everything as an axe then, i'll be a dancing ballsack before i change all of the wargear on my power weapon units.

Quote:
Quote:
post #429 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:13 AM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that rumor was mastercrafted power weapons providing a 5++.

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

post #430 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelann08 View Post
I'm pretty sure that rumor was mastercrafted power weapons providing a 5++.
Additionaly to the reroll? That would be prety cool, i think. Especialy for BA Sanguinary Guard... So now, they get 5 reroll and 5++ in CC

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode