6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 41 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 07:18 PM

ohiocat110's Flag is: USA

Well, on the bright side, Sanguinary Guard appear to be getting a lot more awesome if they're 2+ versus regular power weapons and with a 2d6" charge and bonus attack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 07:19 PM

Re: TA & PF / PW... since I'm pretty sure there currently isn't any "power axes" may this just be a bad translation? Pretty confident this will pan out as "power weapons" as why would my axe be better than your sword...?
post #403 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 07:19 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Assault on Fellstorm Airfield
Scenario: The Relic
Recover a valuable relic from no-man's-land that will help them to gin the upper hand in the ongoing conflict. The relic begins the game in the centre of the battlefield, but any scoring unit (in this mission units from the Troops section of the Force Organisation Chart) (I guess this means the Immovable Object Scoring Warlord power can't be used?) can pick it up and attempt to move it to safety. The unit carrying the relic cannot move more than 6" in a single phase and will drop the relic if killed.

Deployment Vanguard Strike: Diagonal deployment zone trunning through the centre of the board. (Top right vs bottom left side with the relic in the middle pretty much. Same as Apocalypse if you've ever played that.)

Flat Out and Run: D6 extra movement

Stunned Dreadnoughts can still Snap Shot, Snap Shots need 6s To Hit.

Krak grenade used in the shooting phase to destroy an Ork Trukk.

Still Move, Shoot and Assault as the above unit assaulted the boys that disembarked from the Trukk.

Flamers do D3 hits during Overwatch (Have fun charging 15 Burna Boys)

Fliers can chose to Evade when shot at giving them a 5+ cover save, but can only Snap Fire during their next shooting phase. Can leave the board and return from reserves.
"Da Krimson Barun, only able to fire Snap Shots having evaded last turn, gunned his engines and zoomed off the board, but would return as part of Ongoing Reserves in the following Movement Phase. (This happens during turn 3-4, does that mean reserves are now 3+ for turn 2, 2+ for turn 3, automatic on turn 4?)

Fliers can shoot Fliers with no penalties to hit. Explains the 60" ranged Stormtalon missiles.

Fliers: When destroyed scatter and damage units on ground.
"But Steve did have the last laugh when the wreckage of his Stormtalon spiralled earthwards to land directly on top of the Ork Bastion, killing three Ork Boyz in the ensuing explosion.

Units with a sergeant type model can perform Look Out, Sir, 4+ if model is not an IC (example used, Ork boy trying to save Nob...well, the nob grabbing an Ork boy to use as a bullet shield is the more likely scenario...).

post #404 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 08:18 PM
Banned

More Finecast

Tau: Commander Shadowsun
Krootox
Available for pre-order July14th

Divination
1. Foreboding - is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, the Psyker and his unit have the Counter-attack special rule and fire Overwatch on their full Ballistic Skill, rather than Ballistic Skill 1. Note that this does not allow weapons that could not normally fire Overwatch to do so.

Interesting note on the Hour of the Witch page.
"Only the armies (and units within those armies) specifically mentioned here can access the new psychic powers. Some armies (namely the Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau) don't have psykers at all, whilst other races harness the Warp in such an unusual way (Orks and Chaos Daemons in particular) that they always use their own unique rules.

Why wasn't Sisters of Battle mentioned in the above exclusion together with DE, Nec and Tau? Knowing GW it's most likely a miss as when it comes to the SoB they can't even spell their rules correctly or show the correct model with the correct weapon...
If this is not a miss then I guess it's proof that we will have Inquisitors in the SoB codex as I can't think of any other Psyker the SoB would even tolerate.

Hour of the Witch
Witchfire: most psykers can't use more than one witchfire each turn

Codex: Blood Angels
A BA Lib (inc Mephiston) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Blood Angels. If he does so, generate two new powers from the Biomancy, Divination, Telepathy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.

Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Any model with psychic powers may use the psychic disciplines found in the 40K rulebook, instead of those in Codex: CSM. If he does so, for each psychic power he has purchased from Codex:CSM, generate a new power from the Pyromancy, Telekinesis or Telepathy discipline before armies are deployed. A model can generate powers from different disciplines if you wish. Typhus generates two new powers. Ahriman generates three.

Codex: Dark Angels
A DA Lib (inc Ezekiel) may use the psychic disciplines found in the 40k rulebook. Generate 2 new powers from Div, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis.

Codex: Eldar
Farseer (inc Eldrad), for each power bought, generate a new power from Div or Telepathy. Eldrad generates 4.

Codex: GK
A GK Lib (no mentions of anyone else), generate a number of powers equal to mastery level from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis. If he does so he may not purchase additional powers. Hammerhand cannot be exchanged in this manner.
An Inquisitor with Mastery 1 can generate 1 power from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis.
Coteaz can generate 2 powers from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis.

Codex: IG
Primaris Psyker, generate 2 new powers from Bio, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis.

Codex: SM
SM Lib (inc Tigurius), generate 2 powers from Bio, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis. Tigurius generates 3.

Codex: SW
Rune Priest (inc Njal), generate 2 powers from Bio, Div or Telekinesis

Codex: Tyranids
Any model with psychic powers, for each psychic power it has, including those purchased, generate a new power from either Bio, Telekinses or Telepathy. (I'm glad they dont have Pyromancy as 3 Zoanthropes casting Molten Beam would be real nasty).

Article states: "Accordingly, players should feel free to use the guidance in this article to grant their psykers access to the new powers."
Sounds good and all but since they dont list all the powers and what they do the article is pretty useless. Or....do they mean you have to have this WD in order to be able to use the generic powers? Wont the list and rules be in the BRB?

Wound Allocation: Closest model is Shooting only?

Rest of the WD is ads pretty much.

Last page is a picture of some CSM and Daemons.
In next month's issue: BATTLE-BROTHERS AND INFERNAL ALLIES - We take a closer look at Allied Detachments.
WD 392 on sale Sat 28th of July.

If you have a question and it hasn't been answered by anything I've written so far then there is simply no answer in the WD. I've gone trough the WD page by page, article by article to fish out as much info as I could. If you dont have your answer you will have to wait for the BRB.
post #405 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Flat Out and Run: D6 extra movement
So everyone can run and assault now? But run allows to reroll charge distance?

I'm not against that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy
Stunned Dreadnoughts can still Snap Shot, Snap Shots need 6s To Hit.
So... Snap shot is a way to allow shooting while stunned though at BS 1 instead of "no shooting" at all? Kind of makes sense if "Vehicle stunned" is the least damaging result, I wonder what extra armour does now?

Quote:
Krak grenade used in the shooting phase to destroy an Ork Trukk.
Can all models with grenades throw them in the shooting phase or just one? Because if it's the latter, getting frag and krak for free might not have been simply a matter of basic life support for SoB. It might be even more. Also it might make sense to get krak grenades for IG.

Quote:
Flamers do D3 hits during Overwatch (Have fun charging 15 Burna Boys)
Oh thank goodness, I was left under the impression that a LASCANNON was a better weapon to defend against charges than a flamer.

Quote:
Units with a sergeant type model can perform Look Out, Sir, 4+ if model is not an IC (example used, Ork boy trying to save Nob...well, the nob grabbing an Ork boy to use as a bullet shield is the more likely scenario...).
Ah, good, I was hoping for a Look Out, Sir rule now that models at the front get hit first. If we didn't, we'd be full of valiant commanders leading from the back: so much for cinematic!
post #406 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
So everyone can run and assault now? But run allows to reroll charge distance?

I'm not against that.
There was no info regarding this, I doubt everyone can run and assault. Only info on Fleet is that it allows re-rolling of the 2D6 to charge

So... Snap shot is a way to allow shooting while stunned though at BS 1 instead of "no shooting" at all? Kind of makes sense if "Vehicle stunned" is the least damaging result, I wonder what extra armour does now?
Same as always, reduce Stunned to Shaken so you can move and shoot with Snap Fire?

Can all models with grenades throw them in the shooting phase or just one? Because if it's the latter, getting frag and krak for free might not have been simply a matter of basic life support for SoB. It might be even more. Also it might make sense to get krak grenades for IG.
All examples given had a sergeant or other leader model throwing the grenades, not sure if all models can do it.

Oh thank goodness, I was left under the impression that a LASCANNON was a better weapon to defend against charges than a flamer.
Seems you dont even need to place your flamer guys at the front. Keep them at the back so they dont get picked off by shooting, then each does D3 hits when charged. You dont get to place a template it seems.

Ah, good, I was hoping for a Look Out, Sir rule now that models at the front get hit first. If we didn't, we'd be full of valiant commanders leading from the back: so much for cinematic!
I think it was Jervis who said that the most important part of a 40k game is the Narrative gameplay. I believe I quoted it in my first post. The goal of 6E seems to be to bring a very cinematic game to the tabletop

On another note pretty much everything in the WD is the same as in the leaked rules from earlier this year.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 06-21-12 at 08:59 PM.
post #407 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 09:03 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

No way to tell what Fear is from the battle report, then?

Btw, thanks very much for posting all this.

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.

Last edited by SoulGazer; 06-21-12 at 09:09 PM.
post #408 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGazer View Post
No way to tell what Fear is from the battle report, then?

Btw, thanks very much for posting all this.
No, it reveals nothing. Unless I'm blind. Most likely same as Fantasy, LD test when charged, if failed you are WS1 until end of combat.
post #409 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 09:29 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
No, it reveals nothing. Unless I'm blind. Most likely same as Fantasy, LD test when charged, if failed you are WS1 until end of combat.
Man, that could ruin people's day right there on a bad dice roll. Looking forward to some hilarious daemon vs GK fights that become hilarious because of this rule.

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.
post #410 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 09:35 PM

So, still no clear idea on what Hull Points do. Ah well, its only another week
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode