6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 37 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #361 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:17 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I got the new WD today, feel free to ask any questions about anything you might be wondering about regarding it. Going to go through it now and see what's up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:28 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I got the new WD today, feel free to ask any questions about anything you might be wondering about regarding it. Going to go through it now and see what's up
I've got a few:

Is there any indication of what sort of alliances will be possible apart from what's in the battle reports? (I need me some Blood Angel/Necron brofisting )

Over on Dakka, someone said there was an example(probably in the battle reports, but the grammar was terrible so I can't be sure) of daemons causing Fear. If you can find that, can you tell if they actually get a new rule or is it just a fluff thing for the battle report?

Can you clarify Hull Points? Are vehicles wrecked once they lose them all or do you still have to destroy them via the normal damage chart after all the hull points are gone?

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.
post #363 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:31 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
You can play competetively without ignoring huge portions of the rules.
That depends on the rules and how they interact with each other. Competitive players dislike effects that are randomly generated and only affect one player (mysterious terrain), dislike auto-include options (at least 1 terrain piece) and dislike overpowered units or abilities that have no readily available counter (Hallucination). I also don't see many people appreciating 90% of their opponents being Imperial Guard players with Coteaz, DCA and Paladins (the whole point of having seperate army lists is that each army has strengths and weaknesses, taking allies largely negates this).

Quote:
We hold the occasional Fantasy Tournament and the games are fun, close and the only rules we ignore involve the magic terrain. But that's just how the group at my FLGS rolls.
Fantasy is reasonably balanced, mainly because every army can take a level 4, so it comes down to luck who gets the most spells off before miscasting themselves to death. That is fair (but not really fun, to me) because everyone has a chance. Non-Psyker armies look to be a little screwed so far.

Quote:
Cinematic could just be a push towards more exciting games that you'll be talking about for weeks to come. More exciting games that are closer between the players and require more tactics than just a reliance on uber units and more guns than everyone else.
Or it could mean ideas like "Hurh hurh hurh, let's make terrain that explodes and kills people, cos that sounds funny, hurh hurh" despite the fact that it hurts Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Guard, Daemons, Orks and Sisters a lot more than it hurts Space Marines and is therefore inherently unfair. It could mean "Hurh hurh, let's force HQ units to fight each other in combats like a duel, hurh hurh" despite the fact that a lot of races have characters who do not want to be anywhere near another character (Farseers, Ethereals, Sang Priests, IG Officers et al).

Decisions like that *remove* tactical choice, not add to it, because now I can't strategically plan my assault move to deliberately avoid engaging that Power Klaw Warboss with my Librarian. I have to fight him and die (or refuse the challenge and presumably not fight and not be able to add my Ld to the unit I am in).

Whenever GW says "We're adding something to make the game more fun!!!" then I cringe a little bit inside, because I know it's going to be another gimmick that just destabilises the game more than it is already. And probably revolves around power armour.

Quote:
Random charge lengths have an average of 7" which means that charges will be more commonly happening from a little further away than before, and more models can get in from further away when you're dealing with large units who have to go around something to make the charge. I'm not saying that there are going to be a lot of 12" charges but the chance of getting into combat from that far away will make people reconsider how they move and where they place things more carefully in the future.
The question is what was wrong with assault moves in the first place? As far as I can tell, nothing. Difficult and Dangerous Terrain was a pain in the ass, but apart from that, I didn't see a problem with a static 6". It meant I could gauge distances and make a binary decision - am I in, or am I not? Now that has been replaced with "Am I within 2-12"?" which is far less of a tactical decision. It's just guesswork. Even if you're within 4" of the enemy you can still fuck it up and die, just on the basis of a single failed dice roll. Your tactics were perfect, you'd played the best you could, but when it comes to rolling a single dice, you fluffed it. Tell me how that makes you feel good. In WFB it's not quite so important, because charging is just +1 Combat res and because effective firepower is rare (i.e. your 40 man unit is not going to die in a single round of shooting). Not so in 40k.

Quote:
The ultra-serious tournament players might be a little upset, but when are they not upset? Honestly I see so many complaints from them in general whenever any changes are mentioned that I end up writing them off completely.
Really? From where I stand, it's the pitiful cries of "Cheese" and "That's so OP" that I have to block out when I table yet another person who thought 4 Tactical Squads and 3 Whirlwinds made a good army. I guess it's a matter of your point of view, isn't it? I'm not even an ultra-serious player. I just like games where the rules are balanced, make internal sense, and more or less everyone has an equal chance to win provided they don't make stupid choices in list design or tactics. I guess I'm a total nutjob.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

post #364 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:37 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

So I just re-read the whole OP and I have to say....

STILL NO TAU CODEX?

Fuck it, I'm going back to my Guard.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #365 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I'm sure there is plenty more that you will need to tell us that we don't know. please feel free to clarify it all.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #366 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:56 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
feel free to ask any questions about anything you might be wondering about regarding it.
Which armies can Squats ally with?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #367 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 04:15 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Rulebook: 45, €60, 450dkr, 560skr, 560nkr, 450rmb, 225zl

Battlefield Objectives:
The 12 six-sided Munitorum Battlefield Objectives are not dice, but rather a means of representing the location and significance of the myriad Primary and Secondary Mission Objectives used in the Eternal War scenarios. In addition, they can be used to denote the nature of a Mysterious Objective once revealed.

Vehicle Markers: The Munitorum Vehicle Markers are a quick and effective means of determining what damage a vehicle suffers when an attack has penetrated its armour, and serve as a visual reminder of any ongoing vehicle status effects. The set includes four AP 3 damage dice, two AP 2 Damage Dice, 2 AP 1 Damage Dice, two Hull Point counters and two Vehicle Status markers.

Psyhic Power Cards
Biomancy
Smite Range 12" - is a Witchfire
Iron Arm -something about Toughness
Enfeeble within 24" - suffers a -1, treats all terrain
Endurance within 24" - gains the Fe (Feel no Pain?), special rule
Life Leech Range 12" - If Life Leech, immediately, to his starting
Warp Speed - Attacks (Roll
6. Haemorrhage - Haemorrhage is a focussed witchfire power with a range of 12". The target must pass a Toughness test or suffer a Wound with no armour or cover save allowed. If the target is slain, randomly select another model (friend or foe) within 2" of him. That model must pass a Toughness test or suffer a Wound with no armour or cover saves allowed. If that model dies, continue the process until a model survives or there are no suitable targets within range.

Divination
Prescience - within 12, can reroll
Foreboding - this power is, Counter-attack, full Ballistic, this does not, Overwatch
Forewarning - within 12", a 4+ invulnerable
Endurance from Biomancy listed....
Perfect Timing - have the Ig
Precognition - Hit and To Wound
6. Scrier's Gaze - Scrier's Gaze is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, you can roll three dice and chose the result you want when rolling for Reserves, Outflank and mysterious terrain.

Pyromancy
Flame Breath - Template
Fiery Form - +2 strength, Blaze special
Fire Shield - within 24"
Inferno - Range 24"
4. Spontaneous Combustion
Sunburst - Range 6
6. Molten Beam - is a beam with the following profile Range 12" S8 AP1 Assault 1, Melta

Telekinesis
Assail - Range 18"
Crush - is a f, Roll 2D6, equal to the, automatically, automatic, of a separate
Gaze of Infinity - 24", Deep Strike
3. Objuration - a single enemy, rolls a 6, squadron)., with the H, for each).
Shockwave - Range 12"
Telekine Dome - within 12", invulnerable, power is in effect, AP equal
6. Vortex of Doom - is a witchfire power with the following profile: Range 12" S10 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast* If, when using this power, the Psyker fails his Psyhick test, centre the Vortex of Doom blast marker on the Psyker - in this case, the template does not scatter.

Telepathy
Psyhic Shriek - Roll 3D6, unit suffers, Armour and, caused by
Dominte - within 24", must pass a, shoot, Run, action is fo
Mental Fort(ification) - unit within, regroups
Puppet Master - of 24", as if it was, the Psyker, players control
Terrify - is a malediction, unit within, the Fearless, having the, Furthermore
Invisibility - within 24", Stealth special, gain no benefit, don't see it, Skill 1
6. Hallucination - is a malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 24". Roll immediately to determine the manner of hallucinations the target is suffering from (roll once for the whole unit).
D6 Result
1-2 Bugs! I Hate Bugs! Something unspeakable has gotten under the victims armour and has begun to crawl around. The unit is automatically Pinned, unless it would normally automatically pass Pinning tests or is locked in close combat, in which case there is no effect.
3-4 Ermmm? All sense of urgency is lost, and the befuddled warrior just stare listlessly into space. The unit cannot shoot, Run, declare charges or strike blows in close combat whilst the power is in effect.
5-6 You! You're a Traitor! Paranoia set in and the panicked warriors lash out at thei comrades. Every model in the unit immediately inflicts a single hit on his own unit, resolved at that model's own Strengths, but using the Strength bonuses, AP values and special rules of their most powerful close combat weapons (if they have any).

Dark Eldar Beastmaster and Beasts in finecast advance order from 14th July
Ork Special characters in finecast, adv order from 14th July
GK Brother Captain, Inquisitor with Power Sword and Bolt Pistol, Inquisitor with Inferno Pistol and Power Sword, adv order from 14th July

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 06-21-12 at 09:49 PM.
post #368 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 04:21 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

That depends, who else is in the Tyranids' tummy?

I'm with Sethis on this one. Randomness is never a good game dynamic. The less reliable the system the harder it is for gamers to undestand and predict how the models & armies interact.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #369 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
So I just re-read the whole OP and I have to say....

STILL NO TAU CODEX?

Fuck it, I'm going back to my Guard.
If you're looking for Tau rumors your in the wrong thread to start with. This is a thread for the 6th Edition rumors, not what armies are coming out soon. Additionally all the Tau rumors that were floating around came primarily from 1 person who has since owned up about making things up to get attention. So I really don't know what you came in here looking for since Tau rumors would be in their own thread anyways.

Quote:
If we start getting confirmations from you on the new rules and things I'll be glad to change the 1st post into a list of what we know is coming vs the list we have now of what we think is coming.

@Sethis - I'm not going to quote you're entire post because there is a lot there but I'll hit up everything briefly:

You're right, it does come down to how the rules interact, but even when they work someone will still be disatisfied and add their own additional tweaks and changes anyways. This is how we got various types of Comp floating around and why people rage-quit everytime a new codex comes out.

Dwarves don't take Level 4s, they instead work to shut down your magic phase and keep your spells from working correctly. They also have items that stop things from happening (Dispell Scroll, Certain Banners, Cube of Darkness (dispells the spell AND ends the magic phase on a 4+!) and Hellheart (enemy wizards in range suffer a miscast!), not to mention the magic phase can severely punish the casters too. I'm hoping for Perils of the Warp to become more punishing to psykers to balance out these stronger powers. At least we didn't get a bunch of "characteristic test or die for everything under the template" powers added to the game.

You're right, cinematic could end up being a poorly written action movie set in a universe where everything explodes, but we can ignore rules like that if needbe. And challenges could screw over non-CC characters (though without full rules we'll have to wait to call that one), but until I see the book I'm not putting any nails into any coffins.

I wouldn't say all decisisions revolve around power armor. At least not at the Dev level. They plan things they think that are fun, try them out and if they are reasonably fun they keep the rules. On the otherhand I'm sure there are things implemented (Carnifex nerf for example) that come from management levels where their concern isn't fun but how to make more money.

Static 6" isn't bad, and yes you may be able to screw yourself (unless your Jump Infantry apparently. All I know is I hope Beasts get 3D6 for their charge range since everyone will be looking at being able to charge up to 12"), but it also means the shooty units don't get the certinity that they have now. If I know how far you can move and charge for a fact I can make sure I only move when I absolutely HAVE to and instead use my static position to rain more steely death on you (as is often the case with many tanks, and units with Bolters). I think the intent wasn't to nerf assaults but to make it so the shooty units had to be more active in the game.

People still take Whirlwinds? I mean I like the model fine, but in 5th edition it just doesn't work as well as other options that exist. Then again this may have more to do with the fact that 5th edition benefited Tin Cans more than Foot Sloggers.

TL;DR: I'm giving 6th edition the benefit of the doubt until I can actually play it.
post #370 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 04:30 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Telepathy
1. Psyhic Shriek - Roll 3D6, unit suffers, Armour and, caused by
2. Dominte - within 24", must pass a, shoot, Run, action is fo
3. Mental Fort(ification) - unit within, regroups
4. Puppet Master - of 24", as if it was, the Psyker, players control
5. Terrify - is a malediction, unit within, the Fearless, having the, Furthermore
6. Invisibility - within 24", Stealth special, gain no benefit, don't see it, Skill 1
This is SPECULATION

Talk about the go-to Lore...

1. 3D6 hits with no armour/cover saves? Fail Ld test that was rolled on 3D6? 3D6 S1 hits?
2. Must pass a Ld test every time they want to Move, Shoot, Run/Assault?
3. Unit auto-regroups.
4. Gain control of target unit
5. Ld test or run away? Ld test or WS1? Who knows.
6. Stealth USR - Possibly been changed to "roll to see it with night fighting rules, if you can't see it then you shoot at BS1"?

And the silly Hallucination one. And the kicker? They're all 24" range. Apart from Shriek, because a power with a name like that doesn't sound like it'll have a big range.

Again, all worst-case speculation.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode