6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 36 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 01:56 PM

I think they'll have you share a force org chart, like with witch hunters and daemon hunters, so if you take the 1 HQ 1 troop, 1 FA, 1 elite, and 1 heavy of your allied army then you can only take 1 hq, 5 troops, 2 FA, 2 elites, and 2 heavies of your main army.

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 01:59 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmmm. If there isn't a rule against it, I'd say that they at least have to be in a different colour scheme if you want to use that against me

I'd hope they'd've thought of that though, and allies can only be from *another* codex...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #353 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I wonder if I will be able to do this.

Necrons allied with necrons.

Now I have 4 fast attack slots and 4 heavy support slots for even more scarabs and anni barges?
I was thinking about this, and wondering whether the FOC slots that you could use for allies were additional to the ones for your own army, or came out of the main chart.

So it could be that you can have an allied Fast Attack choice, but if you do take one you can only have two Fast Attack choices from your main army.

The other point about this is that if it works this second way, it would also stop you from taking allies from more than one other army below 2000 points, as you'd have used up all your HQ slots (one for your main army and one for your first allied army).

However, this is the sort of detail where we just have to read the exact wording of the rules to find out which way they've done it.

I'm the sort of hobbyist who will never feature in What's New Today. Behold my meagre efforts: http://misfratz.wordpress.com

post #354 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:10 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

I can see them requiring it to be a shared FoC rather than additional slots. Also requiring 1 HQ from each army will limit it to one ally by default in that case, which is probably the smart move.

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #355 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfratz View Post
I was thinking about this, and wondering whether the FOC slots that you could use for allies were additional to the ones for your own army, or came out of the main chart.
I am pretty sure allies have to be fit within your own FOC and don't just add extra bonus slots, you just have a limit on how many you can field, which is much lower than your main army, but I'm pretty sure that if you take 1 HQ choice from your allies you can't take 2 from your main army, as you'd end up with 3, and that won't do. Unless you play at more than 2000 points, in which case the FOC slots should double.

I mean seriously, we all know GW is dumb and makes stupid broken rules all the time, but give them a break, they can't be that stupid!

Mostly because it wouldn't be to the sole benefit of SPACE MARINES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion
Cinematic could just be a push towards more exciting games that you'll be talking about for weeks to come. More exciting games that are closer between the players and require more tactics than just a reliance on uber units and more guns than everyone else.
I am quite intrigue at what they mean by "cinematic", if it makes it possible to flip the tide of a battle despite being against a completely broken codex and prevents you from situations where "Okay I shot your everything in turn 1 you can concede there's no way you can win now" is no longer an option I'll be a happy player.

All considered, there's more rumours that get me excited over those that make me worried.
post #356 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:19 PM

Was glad to see the guys at headquarters didn't do something stupid like give my heretic hunting sisters psychic powers. The only good psycher is... the Emperor.

Just being in the list of armies in the book is a nice reassurance as well- especially with the recent finecast release list containing no sisters models. . . and no recent news.

post #357 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
I mean seriously, we all know GW is dumb and makes stupid broken rules all the time, but give them a break, they can't be that stupid!

Mostly because it wouldn't be to the sole benefit of SPACE MARINES
The only thing I trust is that the rules will be for the sole benefit of space marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge the Heretic View Post
Just being in the list of armies in the book is a nice reassurance as well- especially with the recent finecast release list containing no sisters models. . . and no recent news.
Like all good heretics, I've been hoping that GWS would extinguish the light of the sisters of battle for some time. But only after I'm able to sell the ones that I inherited from my buddy, haha.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #358 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Cinematic could just be a push towards more exciting games that you'll be talking about for weeks to come. More exciting games that are closer between the players and require more tactics than just a reliance on uber units and more guns than everyone else.
Yeah the more I look at some of these rules the more I want to try this stuff. Allies sound potentially bad but at the same time could combat the power creep and give you the option to buy unusual fun stuff and slowly build other armies if you want. Of course I don't want to buy a storm raven, paint it BA, and then see one in the DA codex a week later after I painted it up... Guess im waiting for any crazy purchases Though I still have 3rd ed Death Company...

I am hoping some of these entirely crazy seeming rumors do help even out the units. I like my uber units but there are plenty of codex options that go unused most of the time. I rarely ever used DA psykers for instance, 3 powers that are okay, psyker defense and taking an HQ slot away?

I don't see deployable defenses as bad at all even if cheap I can mostly ignore a bastion. It might be a poor man's LR but it's not moving so I don't care unless it has some big guns...if it does that will be a remembered game for sure so mission accomplished I guess. Plus it gives me hope GW will make some structures for non-imperials.

Of course any of it could be ignored. I mosty just play with a few friends 1-2 times a week. If we don't want allies, defenses, new psyker powers...we don't have to use them. Probably will though, I like combining my armies in apoc games and already have the bastions/aegis stuff anyway so I'm ready to go.
post #359 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 02:58 PM
Lurking in the Darkness

Cougar's Flag is: United Kingdom

not overly impressed that the Spacemarines and Imperial Guard get more shared psychics that eldar ah well so much for being the most psychic race .lol
post #360 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:15 PM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

I would be willing to bet that the eldar are better able to use stronger powers then us humans, and I would guess that we dont get fortune and guide. I cannot see them taking that from you, they are bread and butter for the space elves!

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode