6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 31 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
ha ha im the 300th poster

sooo what do i win?
Why, the reward for all good heretics, my friend. *Cue apperance of Khorne Bloodthirster.* 'DESPAAAAIIIIIR!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:03 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
lol

Reminds me of back when I played D&D and people would start calling each other by their character's name or applying racial/personality traits to IRL themselves from their character.

It's a good roleplay session when people keep the verisimlitude up to this degree.
"i'm going to the loo (roll a dice) shit a natural one, (roll again) dammit a natural twenty (piss on front of trousers without managing to unzip) "

I'm sad that orks get no psychic goodies, i don't want much but some destruction magic wouldn't be too much to ask would it?

post #303 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGazer View Post
They just don't appeal to everyone, which is fine with me. Even though they are getting a nice boost in 6th, so who knows, maybe they'll get even more players after a few months of people complaining about warriors wrecking vehicle armies in one round of shooting. Kinda like back when they first came out, lol. Then again, they weren't very popular even when they were OP.
i'm surprised to hear people saying that the necrons are still uncommon. Of course, at my hobby store I have the rare distinction that space wolves and generic marines are uncommon.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

post #304 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:16 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post

I'm sad that orks get no psychic goodies, i don't want much but some destruction magic wouldn't be too much to ask would it?

i hear your call fellow greenskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #305 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:27 PM

MrPete's Flag is: Great Britain

"power axe or powerfist needed to deny 2+ armor throws so they're either ap 1 or ap 2 or both ap 1 or ap 2"

Ok...so Terminators are getting nastier here. Especially against armies that don't have access to all the stuff that denies 2+ saves. Unless those armies get new options in new codexes, or get FAQd to have some AP1/2 stuff...terminators just became pretty difficult to shift unless you drown em in attacks and hope for some 1s eventually.

I personally wonder if rending is still here (and if it is im not searching back through 31 pages so apologies if its already been confirmed)
post #306 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:30 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
- charge range (going into cc) is 2d6, jumppacks seem to enable you to REROLL it ( or it is a special rule thing, might be BA exclusive)
Somewhere...Tau are crying.

Quote:
hull points
- cybots have 3 hull points like "battle tanks"
- land raiders, soul grinders, ghost arc have 4
If a Ghost Ark has 4 Hull Points as does the Land Raider....how many will a Monolith have?

Quote:
- flying monstrous creatures get their ability too, flying 24", ignoring all weapons but anti-air ones and hit enemies they flew over with (str + w3 + 1)
Daemon Princes/Greater Daemons are about to become very usedful.

Quote:
- sharpshooters can choose what target they hit on a 6 (necron eliminators)
I fail to see how this makes snipers "Necron Eliminators." If it has to do with Crypteks and Lords, they are almost no different than an Exarch or a SM Sargent. And I doubt it will remove their RP rolls so...

Quote:
- tesla weapons get an additional hit when throwing a 6 on the to-hit throws
They already do that, except that it 2 additional hits. Hopefully this isn't a nerf.

Quote:
- gauss weapons remove 1 hull point on a 6 at pen throws
Always useful. This puts Necrons somewhere in between 4th and 5th edition in terms of Vehicle Killing.

Quote:
- power axe or powerfist needed to deny 2+ armor throws so they're either ap 1 or ap 2 or both ap 1 or ap 2
So armies with these are screwed against termies in CC?

Quote:
- fly on 2 "levels" far above ground (cant let passengers exit, but is only hittable by anti-air weaponry) and closer to the ground (easier to hit but can load out passengers)
This is about to make the new fliers very dangerous if they can shoot down at targets at the higher level.

I admit that a lot of these points deal with my army directly, but these rules sound like they will take a while to get used to.
post #307 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:34 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
ha ha im the 300th poster

sooo what do i win?
The same thing all Witches, Heretics and Mutants get!

post #308 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 11:59 PM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

The Berzerker speacial rule has me frothing to unleash my Copper Clad Death Company

OH HELLLLL YEAH Boyz.
post #309 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 12:07 AM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Who doesn't want to see more Eldar/Tau/Dark Eldar/Necrons/Daemons around instead of metal boxes and large pauldrons?
I'd love to see less marines if only because I hate playing marines vs. marines! Hence the Necron work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
I fail to see how this makes snipers "Necron Eliminators." If it has to do with Crypteks and Lords, they are almost no different than an Exarch or a SM Sargent. And I doubt it will remove their RP rolls so...
Neither are remotely close to a sergeant. They may lead groups of troops but that's where the similarity ends. Several of the Harbinger skills are on part with a full blown HQ choice and Lords can bring Mindshackle Scarabs. Lords and Crypteks are very, very powerful. I've got a guy in my escalation league who is going to bring a deathstar of four Lords and three Crypteks - I'll bring two units of snipers just to combat that group alone.

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

post #310 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 12:30 AM

Sorry if this has already been covered, but does anyone know when the 6th ed starter set is going to be released? i don't want to have to pay 75 bucks for a rulebook when for the same price i could get a rulebook + models.

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode