6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012) - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Wait, from the psychic table, does that mean Orks lose their Weirdboyz?
I think it means Weirdboyz can only do their thing and never get any "generic" power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:10 PM

Wait, where are you guys seeing specific powers? I must have skimmed too fast, because I missed that completely.
post #273 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Wait, from the psychic table, does that mean Orks lose their Weirdboyz?
No, they just don't get access to the new generic powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styro-J View Post
Wait, where are you guys seeing specific powers? I must have skimmed too fast, because I missed that completely.
Here: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...&postcount=254

Look towards the bottom of the post.

post #274 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:25 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

My guess is that level 2 psykers might be rare. Hence, that telepathy power might not be all that common. It will still be a pain, though.

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #275 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:28 PM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Default RE: 20th update

Hot fucking damn! I cant say I am too happy about the Orks being out of the psyker loop to start with but I am hopeing that they get some expanded powers for the weird boys!

Man I do have to say I was wrong about the rule book looking like a codex. My gut is discredited! It all looks bad assed but I think I have my eye on the gamer edition if the off base commander will let me.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #276 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the pointing that out for me.

What's interesting is some of the terms like Beam, Vortex of Doom, Blessing, Malediction, and Witchfire. If these are different types of spells found in all schools then this does sound very much like Fantasy. But thank goodness none of those number 6 spells are anything like Dwellers or Purple Sun.
post #277 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 07:26 PM
Rattlehead

There was a time a gamer was free from randomness and could make his own luck in the world. But our time is comin' to an end. Jervis, Alessio and Gav are united, they vow to destroy us. The High Lords from the four corners of the Imperium must stand together.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #278 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
There was a time a gamer was free from randomness and could make his own luck in the world. But our time is comin' to an end. Jervis, Alessio and Gav are united, they vow to destroy us. The High Lords from the four corners of the Imperium must stand together.

Midnight
I'm so glad we're giving this edition a chance before leaping to conclusions of it making the game completely broken. For all we know these rules will lead to an overall tighter game as new books are released that take out some of the nonsense that made the year or so of 5th so frustrating (you know, like they've been doing with 8th Edition WFB where all the new rulebooks are on the same rough power level and fit right into the new rules).

Yup. I'm very glad that we aren't jumping to conclusions before seeing the way the new game plays and learning the ins and outs of it all.

In a less sarcastic-laced vein I'm keen on seeing the full rules and how they all fit together. I think one of the previous posters was probably dead on when they mentioned that it looks like both shooting and close combat are getting a boost to make both more effective. I don't mind the idea of a game where I have to remove a lot of models as long as I can force my opponent to do the same. I wouldn't be surprised to see the points level of things in 6th Edition drops to push those bigger model count armies in 6th like GW has done for 8th.

So yeah, I'll be playing this new edition. At least enough to know if I like it or not.
post #279 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 07:54 PM
Rattlehead

Larger model counts? Removing lots of models?

I play MEQ because I don't like having to take my beautiful Chaos off of the table. I went to the trouble of lovingly painting it all, why the fuck do I want it in my case where no-one can see it?

I thought, however, that Force Cards might explain the whole 'Warp Focus' being really low casting values (although this might be psyker level). I'd like to see Force Cards come back.

It also grinds my chaotic gears that Chaos get fewer Disciplines than vanilla Marines. So we get older tech, fewer vehicles, AND more narrow psychic options?

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #280 of 574 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Larger model counts? Removing lots of models?

I play MEQ because I don't like having to take my beautiful Chaos off of the table. I went to the trouble of lovingly painting it all, why the fuck do I want it in my case where no-one can see it?

I thought, however, that Force Cards might explain the whole 'Warp Focus' being really low casting values (although this might be psyker level). I'd like to see Force Cards come back.

It also grinds my chaotic gears that Chaos get fewer Disciplines than vanilla Marines. So we get older tech, fewer vehicles, AND more narrow psychic options?

Midnight
My primary army is Sisters. To be able to kill Marines faster would me the happiest nerd ever for at least a week. Sure Marine players don't want to be killed faster, but for the non-Marine players seeing the Marines taken down a peg would be a bit nice. 40K is VERY heavily saturated by T4/3+ models and when they are the "obvious" choice for competitive players it's not good for the other armies. Who doesn't want to see more Eldar/Tau/Dark Eldar/Necrons/Daemons around instead of metal boxes and large pauldrons?

If Chaos really is in the works or anywhere near completion your initial shortage may be explainable once we get that book. If Chaos is getting expanded options (say they go the route of the Warriors of Chaos from Fantasy and get some God specific powers and maybe an undivided list too) it'd easily explain why they aren't getting much NOW.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode