Annual Price Increase, List in first post - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 06:29 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Yup well, they can continue to not care about me while I continue not buying their stuff.
Do you still play Katie or have you moved onto other systems?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 06:38 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
Do you still play Katie or have you moved onto other systems?
I play with four friends who are all newer to the hobby once a week or so. I just use the stuff I have already (which is a lot. Over 5K points of Marines and 3K of Daemons) and we have a good time. Mostly though, I play Starcraft 2 and League of Legends in my spare time these days. Both are cheap in comparison to 40k.
post #63 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 10:57 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Is this a good time to mention that Privateer Press is having a Summer Sale for Warmachine and Hordes? $115-$130 gets you a pretty nice 25 point list (quite well thought out lists actually), and a free copy of the main rulebook (Warmachine Prime or Hordes Primal). A caster, 2-3 Jacks, 1-2 units and 2-3 solos to kick start your game.

/Just saying

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 05-25-12 at 11:19 PM.

post #64 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytomo View Post
I would like to see a graph comparing price increase against model quality, now that would be interesting!
I agree but unless there is an existing index, how would you do that? At least with CPI to the Tactical Marine pack you wouldn't have to deal with something that wasn't as difficult to measure.

Also, wouldn't it follow that if you made lots of bad models that broke regularly and sold them cheaply, it could benefit the company? Basically, you eliminate a secondary market because the models fall apart--it happened with textbooks. Mind you, the internet ruined that and students are different from hobbyists but couldn't that make sense nevertheless?
post #65 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 11:01 PM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Is this a good time to mention that Privateer Press is having a Summer Sale for Warmachine and Hordes? $115-$130 gets you a pretty nice 25 point list (quite well thought out lists actually), and a free copy of the main rulebook (Warmachine Prime or Hordes Primal).

/Just saying
Yep, seen that
I'm only waiting for the Colossals myself as I have 130 pts of Khador so don't need anymore than the Colossal to get to 150. Several mates are buying lots of PP stuff at the moment though.
post #66 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
I think the huge problem is that they don't give a fuck about us experienced hobbyists, because we tend to spend little and often, while little timmy might come in twice a year and spend hundreds in massive splurges. it saddens me, even 4 years ago it was never like this.
I know loads of vets that dump huge ammounts of money every few months so the idea that vets don't spend much is imo a load of crap. Almost every vet/regular is playing warmahordes atm and has done so solidly for 2 months since a new FLGS opened here in sheffield (which i work at, yay for staff discount!).

We've sold tons of PP stock to our vets (1000's worth) and majority of the GW stock sold (which is still significant mind) is almost all to people who we hardly ever see in the store. However those people are asking for us to give them intros into dystopian wars and/or warmachine, so were seeing more and more convert to other systems and people are loving it.
post #67 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 01:31 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTi View Post
We've sold tons of PP stock to our vets (1000's worth) and majority of the GW stock sold (which is still significant mind) is almost all to people who we hardly ever see in the store. However those people are asking for us to give them intros into dystopian wars and/or warmachine, so were seeing more and more convert to other systems and people are loving it.
Yeah, I honestly think that in a few years GW is going to have a serious problem on its hands in the form of competition from other companies. Games Workshop is big and they definitely dominate the market, but if they keep pissing off their customer base while other companies continually churn out similar quality product at significantly cheaper prices I can see it becoming a real problem for them. Time will tell I guess.
post #68 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 01:49 AM

PP's biggest issue atm is distribution in the UK, my god sometimes getting hold of specific things that you need can be a nightmare here.
post #69 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 03:42 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

My local games shop is closing its doors because of the high australian prices. None of his gw stock moves even though he offers a standard discount on gw rrp. I try to support him (even bought his last land raider and some bikes) but he sees it as a loosing battle. He even asked gw what they were planning to do and they said 'nothing'. So closes the only games shop in Townsville. All we have now is toyworld with a couple of boxes on the shelf and a comic shop with the same. Hows that for 'Supporting' the local games shops.
Good work gw. Nice models, cool game, no brains in management.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #70 of 172 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 03:55 AM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

It's a similar story with one of my mates who owns a LGS. He's not closing as he does very good business with most Gaming systems, but he stopped wasting shelf space on GW product ages ago as it wasn't selling in enough volume.

He's told me that it's a similar story with many other LGS's in Aus...quite a sad state of affairs I think.

Last edited by HOBO; 05-26-12 at 06:30 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode