6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 83 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #821 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Foot lists have well more than a fighting chance contrary to the opinion of the intertubes. Templars, deathwing, loganwing, footdar, the list goes on. Dont be fooled by internet idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Infantry are fine as they are now. Plenty of tournies are won with infantry lists. It's just the loudest minority gets heard on the internet who cry about not being able to take out a few rhinos.
Very true, with deepstrikes and DWA I've never really felt like I needed vehicles, beyond having reliable tank killing weapons beyond a couple Cyclones up front or assaults if I land close enough. I can see some good in this idea though. I've had pairs of Predators shooting each other for entire games killing nothing before. Have to see how this is written though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Also the rulebook art looks meh
Yes indeed it does look awesome.

Actually it sort of reminds me of 3rd ed. Not entirely sure. Also doesn't look to terrible to me, though I guess with the covers as of late maybe this just seems like an improvement to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #822 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyudo-DS View Post
Actually it sort of reminds me of 3rd ed. Not entirely sure. Also doesn't look to terrible to me, though I guess with the covers as of late maybe this just seems like an improvement to me.
Huh...now that you mention it, it does kind of seem like a throwback to the older editions. I like that since it gives you a bigger feeling of something epic than the lone hammer.
post #823 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 02:45 AM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

I had a random thought today:

If, in 6th edition, power weapons grant a 5++ in close combat, did regular Grey Knights just get even better?

i.e., The Nemesis sword increases the invulnerable save by 1 in close combaat. And power weapons grant a 5+ invulnerable, therefor does every Grey Knight now have a 4++ in CC?

post #824 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post

If, in 6th edition, power weapons grant a 5++ in close combat, did regular Grey Knights just get even better?

i.e., The Nemesis sword increases the invulnerable save by 1 in close combaat. And power weapons grant a 5+ invulnerable, therefor does every Grey Knight now have a 4++ in CC?
We'll have to wait to see how that works. It might be a fixed parry save sort of deal.
post #825 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Huh...now that you mention it, it does kind of seem like a throwback to the older editions. I like that since it gives you a bigger feeling of something epic than the lone hammer.
Well the advantage of the hammer was that it seemed to very obviously be the rulebook, or at least not a codex as it's image was more iconic than scenic. Though I still think I like this one more.
post #826 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 11:51 AM

an invuln save for power weapons would make them more on par wiht the power fist. right now the fist is the better option usually. unless of course the fist gets the save too.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #827 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post

It's no more likely than power fists (and anything else that is treated as a power weapon with extra rules) getting it.

It sounds like only power weapons will be gaining the 5++ save. Since close combat weapons are gaining AP values, it seems very unlikely that any weapon in the rulebook will continue to "count as" or be "treated like" a power weapon, as they'd all be able to have their own individual statline.
post #828 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 01:20 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Take two Warbosses, Two Nob Mobs as Troops with Battlewagon Dedicated Transports, 3 units of Nobs with Battlewagon Dedicated Transports from the Elite Section and 3 Battlewagons from the Heavy Section. That's 8.
Derp, i'm an idiot, i thought only 1 nob mob could do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #829 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 01:22 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

What i was told was that force weapons =/= power weapons, they will have their own entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #830 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 01:24 PM

Fhadhq's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wax View Post
Thought you guys might like this. Salt to taste.
Nice to see the 1st Legion on it.
Pretty colorful compared the the previous editions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode