6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:23 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
I would *guess* that because the Sisters are a branch of the Ecclesiarchy, they are despised by the Templars, who do not regard the Emperor as divine the way the Ecclesiarchs claim - like most Space Marine Chapters. Pinnacle of Mankind, not Diety afterall.

There is a fluff justification for distrust and reluctance...Especially if (I don't recall) the BTs were one of the Chapters caught up in the Age of Apostasy's battles against the Sisters of the time. [Even if Alicia Dominica ended said problem personally...]
That would be a fine explanation if other space marines were in the same category, I mean space wolves are far worse in the sisters of battle point of view but according to ally matrix, sisters get along better with space wolves then Black Templar. Also Black Templar's hold the Emperor in a Higher Regard then most space marine chapters.

As fluff justification, the sisters fought the space wolves after they slaughter a bunch of Ecclesiarchy personal while when the sisters fought the Black Templar, the Black Templar had the were of one of the greatest saints.

This is just something that one person just wrote and slap together without giving it much thought (not to mention makes the game even more unbalance then it is). Also how space marines and tau brothers in arms? Space marines lead a crusade against them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:53 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm with you completely, was just postulating. *Shrug*
post #73 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:54 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
I'm currently getting ready for a doubles event at GW, and there is a PDF handout which contains the rules for it:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_..._June_2012.pdf
where did you find this on their site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #74 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:54 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
I'm with you completely, was just postulating. *Shrug*
And today I learned a new word!
post #75 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 04:20 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
Let me clear it up for you, he is trolling.
Unless... your trolling me with that message.
I was honestly confused. I didn't think "trolling" was the best word for what he was doing at the time I posted my response, but I hadn't had my breakfast or my tea yet, so I was feeling rather--"lazy," I think, is the term I'm looking for--and didn't feel like using a meme generator to replace "trolling" with "sarcasm."

boobs. that is all.
post #76 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 10:02 AM

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

To be Honest I reckon that if the Sister's weren't so tied into the Ecclesiarchy, then the sister's would be running along side the Black Templars holding hand and screaming shit about the Emperor (I for one as a BT player would love to see a Crusader squad made of Initiates, Neophytes and Sisters.)

But as for Ultramarines being the best buds and ...protectors? of the Tau I have to claim big bull on that, Imperial fists maybe? the Imperial Firsts were one of the first chapters to talk to the Tau and they got along fine, filthy Xeno scum but they were fine. I'm pretty sure it was an Ultramarine who sparked up the Tau against the Imperium wasn't it? so even if they Pretty boys walked up to the Tau, arms open saying sorry and wanting hugs I think the 'Greater Good' will shoot them in the face with a point-blank Rail cannon...

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution
post #77 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
where did you find this on their site?
It's quite well buried, and is probably only accessible via the UK version of the site. You start at the Community and Events link from the links just under the main navbar, from there go to the Events Calendar, then to Doubles Weekends. The download link is then on that page taken from '40k Doubles Weekend June'.

Annoyingly, looks like I'm now going to the September one which means the force I'm working on will be all wrong. Bah.

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #78 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 11:21 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
And today I learned a new word!
post #79 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
falcoso: I must disagree with you that the Tau have lost most of their battles. The First, Second and Third Sphere Expansions are filled with Tau victories. In fact the Third Sphere saw the Tau Empire's size increase by 133%. It's just that they haven't been updated since the 4th Edition and typically the big victories are contained in an army's Codex while in others they tend to be on the losing end. Plus unlike the other races, they don't have a personal timeline of battles and significant moments. Which we'll probably seen when they are next updated.

Though I won't deny that if the Imperial gathered a proper crusade to face the Tau that they would eventually wipe them out but it would not be a swift campaign simply because they have been constantly adapting and improving their tactics and technology.
No yeah sorry I meant when playing actual games, the ones I've seen the Tau have lost (however they have been played by someone who doesn't really understand half the rules properly)

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #80 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Don't want to be rude but you can full type your words out. Its annoying to read when you don't.
Sorry about that

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode