6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 08:43 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Wow, I think I might need to drown myself in salt for these rumours.
Tau under Astartes protectorate? The SM are the most xenophobic, alien hating bunch in the galaxy.
Necron/Blood Angel Alliances? Only in Ward's wet dreams...
Turns out the Emperor was an Ethereal all along.....
True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 08:51 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Well as i've said, he's got zero credability for me for the reasons I've given. If it does turn out to be true... well, i'll eat the forum server.
Please don't eat the server, it will piss Jezlad off loads .
post #63 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 09:07 PM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if GW was floating out some wild shit to people to judge their reactions. If enough negative responses? They remove it. Most positive? It gets moved on to the next area on their list. Rinse and repeat for everything they're thinking about.

post #64 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Pffft. Psykers have PLENTY of versatility and utility already. Wolves take Rune Priests all the time. Librarians are the only good generic BA HQ. Librarians feature pretty commonly for SMs and GKs too, who are ALL psychic ofc. Farseers are commonplace. Most of the better Nid MCs are Psykers. It's DE, Orks, BTs (of course!) DA and again, obviously, Tau who don't use them - even IG have Psyker Battle Squads. [Do Sisters still count as an army?]
Being able to switch powers makes them MORE versatile. So of course a 6+ save vs offensive couldn't hurt the if this became true. I was just thinking the ability to say, take Blood Lance when facing a Mech army at will wouldn't be a bad thing for psykers.

And Sisters count as an army as much as anyone else does. Quit trolling.
post #65 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:43 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Being able to switch powers makes them MORE versatile. So of course a 6+ save vs offensive couldn't hurt the if this became true. I was just thinking the ability to say, take Blood Lance when facing a Mech army at will wouldn't be a bad thing for psykers.

And Sisters count as an army as much as anyone else does. Quit trolling.
I just wondered if you'd bite that.
Psykers are already generally more powerful than other types of HQ, they don't need any boosts.
Having more versatility just makes the game more easy mode - like taking Lore of Metal against WoC in WFB7e.

I can categorically state, despite having no proof, that they won't undo in 40k something they only just repaired in WFB.
post #66 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 12:17 AM

Regarding the Marines/Tau thing.
I'm currently getting ready for a doubles event at GW, and there is a PDF handout which contains the rules for it:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_..._June_2012.pdf

Now, near the end of this is a big coloured matrix showing who can ally with who, and how much they trust each other. There are a few suprises, like the Sisters of Battle not trusting any of the Marine chapters- even the Templars who you'd think they agree with on a lot of points. But here's the kicker: The box for Marines and Tau is 'Brothers in Arms', the strongest level of trust. At the time I thought it was a misprint. Now...

I'm not saying I like the idea, but this seems to back it up.

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #67 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 12:38 AM

I still think that tyranids not having allies is totally unbalanced, genestealer cults are the perfect excuse for tyranids to have IG or even orks as allies..
post #68 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 12:54 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
Regarding the Marines/Tau thing.
I'm currently getting ready for a doubles event at GW, and there is a PDF handout which contains the rules for it:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_..._June_2012.pdf

Now, near the end of this is a big coloured matrix showing who can ally with who, and how much they trust each other. There are a few suprises, like the Sisters of Battle not trusting any of the Marine chapters- even the Templars who you'd think they agree with on a lot of points. But here's the kicker: The box for Marines and Tau is 'Brothers in Arms', the strongest level of trust. At the time I thought it was a misprint. Now...

I'm not saying I like the idea, but this seems to back it up.
Why do the sisters and black templars not get along, I mean come on, they both hate psykers and regard the Emperor in a high regard. Wow is this chart mesh up.
post #69 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:01 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Actually from what I've read Orks can somehow tell if another Ork has been infected by genestealer and will actually kill them rather quickly than let them spread. So Orks and Tyranids wouldn't happen in all likelihood. Tyranid alliances period wouldn't work just because of their nature. They consume anything and everything in sight. To ally with another race requires that both sides be able to reason to some degree as well as the ability to communicate, something the 'Nids can't really do.

As to the Tau being brothers in arms with Space Marines (at least the Chapters that don't have an individual Codex) is a little odd. I know some SM commanders that have faced the Tau in battle have developed some respect for the Tau and their ways of war but it's still a little strange to see them having the highest level of alliance. Though I can see SM commanders seeing the Tau as more preferable ally than the Eldar who have a long and sorted history of deception and manipulation. Maybe that played a role in GW's decision. Or maybe we're going to see something big develop in the Eastern Fringe in either next edition or the next Tau Codex, which ever comes out first.

We'll just have to wait and see.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #70 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 01:16 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
Why do the sisters and black templars not get along, I mean come on, they both hate psykers and regard the Emperor in a high regard. Wow is this chart mesh up.
I would *guess* that because the Sisters are a branch of the Ecclesiarchy, they are despised by the Templars, who do not regard the Emperor as divine the way the Ecclesiarchs claim - like most Space Marine Chapters. Pinnacle of Mankind, not Diety afterall.

There is a fluff justification for distrust and reluctance...Especially if (I don't recall) the BTs were one of the Chapters caught up in the Age of Apostasy's battles against the Sisters of the time. [Even if Alicia Dominica ended said problem personally...]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode