6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 65 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #641 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 03:47 PM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

I'm just making that assumption because they made Cards for the magic in Fantasy. Not wargear, common weapons, USR, infantry types, but Magic. Why? Because that's what it all ended up revolving around.

Now I'm hearing something that could be coming to 40k that made me quit Fantasy. You can see why I'm eager to find out.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageConvoy View Post
I'm just making that assumption because they made Cards for the magic in Fantasy. Not wargear, common weapons, USR, infantry types, but Magic. Why? Because that's what it all ended up revolving around.

Now I'm hearing something that could be coming to 40k that made me quit Fantasy. You can see why I'm eager to find out.
I think they made the cards because it makes it easier to keep track of your available spells, what they do and even which ones you've already used that turn (flip them face down, or "tap" them MtG style), something you don't normally need to do with the other things you mentioned because they have consistent rules that don't change (and usually not by much if they do change somehow) so it's easier to keep track of then the magic spells you randomly generate each game (unless you're a Loremaster).

And yes, the edition does seem to revolve around magic, but GW keeps trying to sell large block formations as the key thing about this edition (because "they look so much cooler".....or because they sell more models that way). Either way I don't normally find myself looking up equipment or the wargear as much as I do spells to be honest.
post #643 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 03:58 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

Even better than card: Army builder will probably allow to print a little list of powers after your psyker's entry (the way they do for WFB magic - you choose one or more lore and those spells are all there). Not cards, no looking in the book, just look at your army list.

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****

post #644 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:03 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

I understand the position of folks urging that people don't get too upset or worried about incomplete rumors, but please also realize that to many people Games Workshop has been shockingly consistent in fucking up at least one major thing per edition on the rules front (let alone the other things that they do that piss people off). A certain degree of trepidation is only natural.
post #645 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:06 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Well if they do fuck up psychic powers at least i have my world eaters to fall back on, hopefully they will get heavy psychic defence. Please GW don't fuck up 40k like you did to fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #646 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
They fucked up movement, missions and cover last edition... It follows that this time around the elbow lickers will fuck up the psychic phase
Are you talking about 4th or 5th editon? Now I can't chime in on 4th editon but as I was coming back into 40K, 5th Edition was being credited as a major improvement on 4th edition. Only now as the rumors for 6th have been circulating for a while and 5th has worn out a welcome am I really hearing people saying that 5th edition is horrible and broken and useless. But then again I don't read a lot of the ultra-negative blogs and threads about how everything sucks.
post #647 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
I understand the position of folks urging that people don't get too upset or worried about incomplete rumors, but please also realize that to many people Games Workshop has been shockingly consistent in fucking up at least one major thing per edition on the rules front (let alone the other things that they do that piss people off). A certain degree of trepidation is only natural.
Yes and no certainly. I mean no matter what everyone is likely to think at least one change will be incredibly stupid once they see it. I expect that and to see something I don't agree with. There's 5th ed. things likes that but overall the game plays well so I don't complain.

I can find things to complain about here but some of the ideas sound interesting. They also sound like homebrew rules in some cases.

Personally I have no postive/negative/apocalyptic opinion on these till I see them together in a book and use them. The psyker thing seems good and bad depending what it means. I have one army that loves pysker and the other with 3 powers.
post #648 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:28 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

I might Gripe and Moan about a ton of things when GW is concerned (international pricing, FAQs and updates, etc...) but usually, rulesets aren't part of it. No matter what, I'm pretty sure that 6th ed will be great fun, with it's ups and downs, and we'll all be having a great time at it in a month!

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #649 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
More and more often I find myself telling people to not get upset or panic before they know the full scope of things because it's often unfounded, based on less than even partial truths and just fills threads with angst, bickering and makes us look bad. Now this isn't to say that pessimism isn't unfounded or being cautious of a potential change is bad, it's just how you handle these feelings and reactions that is. It's one thing to say "Based on what we know at the moment, this doesn't look too good." or "I don't like the way this rumor sounds, but maybe we're missing something." and another to say "GW is evil, they ruin everything forever, they punched my grandmother and gave my cat several purple nurples!" (paraphrasing of course). I'm not against opinions, I'm against rash, unfounded reactions that often end up so disproportionate to the actual rumor that the negativity actually affects people's perceptions of what we actually get.
post #650 of 841 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 05:12 PM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

To me it's a concern when I have an army (as in my only army because I don't want another one just yet and I spent a lot of time and money to build up this one) may be completely unfieldable UNLESS we happen to skip an entire game mechanic (Psychic Powers)

And I know people will just say "Wait till they update your army." Because I just spent crap tons of money and time for tiny shelf decorations. I'm not trying to bitch and/or moan. I am, but that's not the point. I'm just trying to emphasize why I think a rumor may be a really bad change if true. I know it's speculation until it hits paper. But I've seen a lot of rumors prove true and I'm not seeing why I shouldn't anticipate this one.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode