6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 09:01 AM

GreaterDragon's Flag is: Grreece

I'm glad everyone's reaction to this is similar to mine. All of this seems mighty suspicious. And didn't the Ultramarines have a presence on the Damocles Gulf Crusade? Suddenly they change their minds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 09:02 AM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Well, I still like 2nd edition ... it actually was quite amusing when you left out special (overpowered) characters and the stupid random missions. We only used to play self-made campaigns, quite similar to today's planetary empires. Not sure a backwards twist would 40k any good though ... don't get me wrong, I really like the current edition, but it has several flaws and stupid rules tbh. ... but all the way back ?

As for the so-called 'fluff' changes mentioned on page one of this thread ... they just made me violently regurgitate my Sunday morning coffee. Let's just hope they're all complete bullshit ...

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult
post #43 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 09:05 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

*Sighs* Do I really have to say this again?

"Everything from BoK and Tasteytaste is complete and utter rubbish. He has a ZERO percent accuracy record."

Again, as I've said before, THE only times he's gotten anything right are when he has copied known reliable sources. Everything unique to him, like this, has been 100% pure bullshit.

Blood of Kittens and Tasteytaste have zero credability, zero reliability and therefore should be paid zero attention.

post #44 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 09:42 AM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Just conjecturing here but perhaps the alliance thing has merit, not in the obvious way like BoK says but a sort of order vs chaos way that they do in fantasy. Sort of like imperium, tau and eldar versus chaos orks and dark eldar, after all they really need a massive fluff overhaul, there's only so much more they can do in the current millennium perhaps its time to change to warhammer 41000

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #45 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Just conjecturing here but perhaps the alliance thing has merit, not in the obvious way like BoK says but a sort of order vs chaos way that they do in fantasy. Sort of like imperium, tau and eldar versus chaos orks and dark eldar, after all they really need a massive fluff overhaul, there's only so much more they can do in the current millennium perhaps its time to change to warhammer 41000
Nothing that involves stripping the 40k background down into "Goodies vs Baddies" has any merit whatsoever.
post #46 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicon One View Post
Nothing that involves stripping the 40k background down into "Goodies vs Baddies" has any merit whatsoever.
Exactly.... its why the entire universe is 'grimdark' and shades of grey.
post #47 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 11:12 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

These changes turn 40k into Fantasy with regards to rules. Random Charges, Random Psychics, Random Terrain...

So that's a big "bullshit" I'm calling.

Couldn't give a crap about the fluff, but there is no way THE EMPEROR is going to die fighting Gork and Mork. No fucking way. Even Matt Ward isn't retarded enough to write that.

Big pile of bollocks, really.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #48 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
*Sighs* Do I really have to say this again?

"Everything from BoK and Tasteytaste is complete and utter rubbish. He has a ZERO percent accuracy record."

Again, as I've said before, THE only times he's gotten anything right are when he has copied known reliable sources. Everything unique to him, like this, has been 100% pure bullshit.

Blood of Kittens and Tasteytaste have zero credability, zero reliability and therefore should be paid zero attention.
Unfortuntately his loud crowing of information that he's gotten elsewhere has apparently lead to his rumors being repeated and places like BoLS and Faeit212 (and likely others) as he's seen as reputable. I shared it because I wasn't aware of his parroting (as I'm sure others weren't) which leads me to think that a lot of people aren't aware of this.

Either way the rumors weren't all bad sounding, even if the rest were bollocks. Being able to choose powers right before deployment would have been a good way for psykers to get more mileage in tournaments. Either way with the prediction of July being the release of 6th edition it shouldn't be too much longer for us to wait to see what we're really getting.
post #49 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 12:15 PM

Makes me wonder how many people actually bother to read rumors properly, or even do a little research to check them out.... Afterall, It took me all of 5 minutes when he first started comming out with stuff, back with Grey Knights, to see that he'd copied everything he'd said from other... and as for his 'big exclusive reveals'... everything about them was wrong.

Its a pattern thats repeated over and over... He claims a bunch of exclusive 'wow look at me!' type rumors like this... then people give him credit as he sticks in a bunch of stuff from know reliable guys that he's reworded a little to give his bullshit some credit.... then call him reliable for being a parrot.

Yes i know its the internet, and you'll always get idiots etc on it... but it just pisses me off that a guy with no credability gets so much praise when its soo easy to sow how he's been wrong time and time again.

edit: To make a point. His '2012 release schedual' rumors he claimed were 100% accurate back in January... he said we'd have Dark Angels in April and Chaos in May.... he made no mention of a Necron second wave which everyone else had ppointed out as far back as November.

I'll also point out he knows crap about teh game or the hobby... In his articles he's posted he's called the new paints total crap for not having the old colours, when as everyone knows, they're much better then the old ones... and he's called necron scarabs 'usless as they're a swarm', when every necron list has a full block of them as they're an auto-include...

Edit 2: I'll also point out his 100% accurate Necron rumors included the 'Necromancer' which doesn't exist... Wave 1 Wraiths and Spiders, a '100% confirmed SC 'The Enfleshed' who will make flayed ones troops', C'tann shards being done away with completely, Pariahs still being in, and 'Wraith Lord' character thats 100% confirmed.

Anyone see any of those things anywhere?

Last edited by GrizBe; 05-06-12 at 12:25 PM.
post #50 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 12:51 PM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Edit 2: I'll also point out his 100% accurate Necron rumors included the 'Necromancer' which doesn't exist... Wave 1 Wraiths and Spiders, a '100% confirmed SC 'The Enfleshed' who will make flayed ones troops', C'tann shards being done away with completely, Pariahs still being in, and 'Wraith Lord' character thats 100% confirmed.

Anyone see any of those things anywhere?
You need to calm down somewhat, because you're looking a bit silly and not making a very credible point. I went back to check where this necromancer & co crap came from, and it's not actually from BoK

Here's the relevant article.

He says "Or follow the thread over on Heresy-Online here for any updates" and there's where the Necromancer is from, along with the rest of the silly things that never came to pass (which are originally from Warseer and in particular ghost; who recently got ousted from the forums for inventing fake rumors). He didn't endorse them, he didn't write them, he never said these were true. He said "hey these guys have a huge rumor compilation, go look at it".

So yeah, you've already made your feeling pretty clear multiple times. Let people read what they want to read and discuss what they want to discuss.

Last edited by Vhalyar; 05-06-12 at 01:12 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode