6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktide View Post
So anyone new here anything new about 6th edition? Or is this just going to be a thread that goes off in such a completely different direction that I don't need to check it anymore?
Any new rumors will be added to the first post as they're found or posted. So if you're just looking for more updates that's the easiest place to check. I've been digging around but I haven't found anything else outside of the old leak document and BoW's later post saying that some things from the leak where no longer valid but it's partially accurate.
Zion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 12:35 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?
 
humakt's Avatar
humakt's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,182
Reputation: 30
Default

There don't appear to have been much in the way of rumours in this thread over the last few pages. Please try at least to stay on topic. GW prices and customer service are not relevant to this thread. If you want to discuss these side of things you should take it to the General 40k section.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
humakt is offline  
post #213 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Adramalech's Avatar
Adramalech's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 633
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktide View Post
So anyone new here anything new about 6th edition? Or is this just going to be a thread that goes off in such a completely different direction that I don't need to check it anymore?
We can always discuss the existing 6th ed rumors in more depth, if you wish.

If only that 6++ save against psykers weren't lost in the salt desert....

boobs. that is all.
Adramalech is offline  
 
post #214 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

After looking over the GW event their holding at Warhammer World I'm beginning to wonder if some Tasty's rumors may be related to this event instead of 6th edition (the Event also occurs on July). The pamplet for the event is here.

The two things that strike me are the 5 missions (which have cropped up from time to time as a 6th Edition change) and allies.

Either way this is just some speculation to offer an alternative viewpoint. I've been looking for solid information, but we're two months out from this supposed hard date and have yet to see anything concrete in terms of rumors being collaborated by multiple sources (of any kind, they seem to be firing all over the place) so who knows? Because right now with what we've got it's hard to be sure if we really are getting a 6th Edition.
Zion is offline  
post #215 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
The two things that strike me are the 5 missions (which have cropped up from time to time as a 6th Edition change) and allies.
I was laughing pretty hard at the Tau going under Astartes protectorate, then I saw that official event alliance grid and couldn't help but notice that Spehhs Mhreens are "brothers in arms" with Tau. And that made me pause.

I... Am not against it, I mean, I'm okay with fluff not being set in stone and I've never really taken it very seriously in the first place (it's hard to), and if this means allies get back in then hoo boy am I excited, it might actually compensate the utter lackluster, partial nonsense and immense boredom we got with the Sisters' WDdex, so maybe I won't give up and start (probably) collecting Chaos if the new dex doesn't suck. Though knowing myself I will probably get a model or two regardless.

I frankly never understood why they did away with the allies rules, if it was such a bother in competitive play just make it unavailable at tournaments and bam. I also don't get why they still make people pay for a codex, especially at such prices, instead of making them available for free online and make physical copies optional; if more people know the rules, especially those specific to each army, you have more people that can potentially be interested in playing and by extension buy miniatures.

But I digress, and I apologize for that.

But hey, maybe this Tau and Space Marine suddenly becoming buddies thing means that Matt Ward will do the next Tau codex?
Mokuren is offline  
post #216 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Adramalech's Avatar
Adramalech's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 633
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
I was laughing pretty hard at the Tau going under Astartes protectorate, then I saw that official event alliance grid and couldn't help but notice that Spehhs Mhreens are "brothers in arms" with Tau. And that made me pause.

I... Am not against it, I mean, I'm okay with fluff not being set in stone and I've never really taken it very seriously in the first place (it's hard to), and if this means allies get back in then hoo boy am I excited, it might actually compensate the utter lackluster, partial nonsense and immense boredom we got with the Sisters' WDdex, so maybe I won't give up and start (probably) collecting Chaos if the new dex doesn't suck. Though knowing myself I will probably get a model or two regardless.

I frankly never understood why they did away with the allies rules, if it was such a bother in competitive play just make it unavailable at tournaments and bam. I also don't get why they still make people pay for a codex, especially at such prices, instead of making them available for free online and make physical copies optional; if more people know the rules, especially those specific to each army, you have more people that can potentially be interested in playing and by extension buy miniatures.

But I digress, and I apologize for that.

But hey, maybe this Tau and Space Marine suddenly becoming buddies thing means that Matt Ward will do the next Tau codex?
Not six months ago, I could have sworn that everyone was whining about matt ward codexes.

Now everyone wants him to write their favorite codexes for the new edition.

It's really quite amusing.

boobs. that is all.
Adramalech is offline  
post #217 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
Not six months ago, I could have sworn that everyone was whining about matt ward codexes.

Now everyone wants him to write their favorite codexes for the new edition.

It's really quite amusing.
I think it's a case of "Well if everyone else gets a broken* codex I want one too."



*I still stand by that codexes aren't NEARLY as broken as people claim, but the mindset still exists.
Zion is offline  
post #218 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
Not six months ago, I could have sworn that everyone was whining about matt ward codexes.

Now everyone wants him to write their favorite codexes for the new edition.

It's really quite amusing.
Oh, do not misunderstand, I still think his fluff is beyond terrible, but at least it's a terrible I can laugh and point at, so it works out fine to me.

The point is that, given his blatant fanboyism for Space Marines, and Ultramarines in particular, if that part of the Imperium suddenly has the hots for them it's probably because he's somehow involved in their writing.

Kind of like Necrons with their (temporary) Blood Angels alliance. I wonder if this means Tau will get giant robots a la dreadknight? I'd be kind of disappointed if they didn't, it would look a lot less silly on them.
Mokuren is offline  
post #219 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
SilverTabby's Avatar
SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 28
Default

I'm confident a 6th Ed is imminent. Simply because of a game I played almost a year ago, where my opponent was having trouble remembering how 5th worked, and kept saying "really?" when I said something worked this way, then showing him the BRB. He also said it about the WH Codex I was using at the time, and it turned out the confusion was because he'd been playtesting the WDDex for months before then.

So I'm confident we aren't seeing huge sweeping changes, but it's different enough to give pause in places. Firing of weapons from vehicles may see some adjustment, as I had a "hang on there" moment or two. But one thing I am confident of: 6th exists. It's been written, tested and is ready to go. Exact dates may vary, but it's there...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
SilverTabby is offline  
post #220 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,539
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
But one thing I am confident of: 6th exists. It's been written, tested and is ready to go. Exact dates may vary, but it's there...
Yeah, I actually saw what the new rulebook looks like just a few days ago, like the front cover. Fairly nifty. I can only imagine that it's been printed and waiting for a while now.
Katie Drake is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome