6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 01:19 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
I agree that the summary of the pdf leak had way too many drastic changes, such as a new stat line and changes to how you score a hit and a wound. I would bet that the real 6th edition will dawdle with the same things they always change, cover saves for vehicles, close combat wound allocation, feel no pain, and actions after winning an assault. I doubt any of the basic stats or mechanics of the game will change.
I don't know, we're likely to see the new WHF to-wound chart in 6th. Which I think is a shame, as some things should be too hard to wound...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 02:04 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

True... I do hope for a revamped "to hit" chart. A WS 8 hyper-enhanced proto-human assassin shouldn't miss a cadian grunt 33% of the time!

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #153 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 03:34 PM

Oh, I don't know about that. Have you ever fought in a weapon-based melee? Skill counts for something, but not as much as you'd think...

I'd prefer there to be a bottom end shift, so it's much harder to hit said WS8+ monsters. Introduce 6+ to hit rather than 2+ to hit.

post #154 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 04:18 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

I have... When it'a big melee, CC skills don't count as much. Hence, for WFB i'd understand. But when it come to super-human combat skills (like many WH40k HQ can demonstrate), I don't think real-world comparison apply, though.

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #155 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 04:25 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think a challenge option would be cool for this edition. After all then you can fight more cinematically where the head honchos face off whilst their cronies bash each others brains in around them.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #156 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 06:06 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
I don't know, we're likely to see the new WHF to-wound chart in 6th. Which I think is a shame, as some things should be too hard to wound...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
I'd prefer there to be a bottom end shift, so it's much harder to hit said WS8+ monsters. Introduce 6+ to hit rather than 2+ to hit.
I completely agree, especially since I like Kharn being the only 2+ to hit CC model at present. Though there's certainly an argument for Lucius the Eternal doing the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
I think a challenge option would be cool for this edition. After all then you can fight more cinematically where the head honchos face off whilst their cronies bash each others brains in around them.
While there's no doubt this is cool in WFB, some armies would be heavily penalised by this (Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Imperial Guard) just like some can be hurt disproportionally in WFB (Tomb Kings., Vampire Counts.)

Plus, encouraging more HeroHammer is a backwards step for a game that no longer wishes to pay more than lip service to it's skirmish roots.
post #157 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 08:11 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Can't say I am too excited about this. Like usual GW is probably going to ignore and leave behind several old codex which will be crippled and gimped by these new rule changes. If SoB are mentioned in the 6th ed BRB I will be incredibly surprised.
post #158 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 08:42 PM

darktide's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Can't say I am too excited about this. Like usual GW is probably going to ignore and leave behind several old codex which will be crippled and gimped by these new rule changes. If SoB are mentioned in the 6th ed BRB I will be incredibly surprised.
They'll be mentioned, just like the Chaos Dwarves in WHF. Get mentioned in the rule book but the only book for them will be something that is a Forgeworld army list or they will just be stuck with a PDF
post #159 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
While there's no doubt this is cool in WFB, some armies would be heavily penalised by this (Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Imperial Guard) just like some can be hurt disproportionally in WFB (Tomb Kings., Vampire Counts.)
I wouldn't include 'nids in that. They have 2 ICs, and no sargeants save the broodlord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Uhm, in the 5th ed book, Sisters got a larger entry than grey knights did. Seriously, they aren't going to get forgotten. Given how long they've been working on this, I would be amazed if there isn't something prepared for release day that tugs all the older codeces in line. They've done it before, they can do it again. Back then it wasn't as easy as now, either, what with online PDFs being so easy to disseminate...

post #160 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-12-12, 02:43 AM

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

I do have to say that I think it would be cool if they changed the to hit chart for CC to something like the to hit chart for ranged weapons. Keep it as is with it being 3+ on the higher end of skills, but allow for re-rolls at maybe 5-6+ to represent the much higher skill.

TBH my IG would not mind at all, as if the enemy is getting enough Close Combat troops to my line to screw me its my fault, not his.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode