6th Edition Rumours (1st Post Updated 17 June 2012) - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:09 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrone forever View Post
the blood angles and crons ally in the cron codex, and i think its in the BA codex aswell
They only did that as it was beneficial to them to. Straight afterwards they went back to kicking each others asses.

I quote "The Silent King reluctantly joined forces with the Blood Angels to defeat a Tyranid Splinter fleet."

Nothing pally about it, just a truce of conveiniance.

Last edited by GrizBe; 05-10-12 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:15 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Actually GrizBe, I don't think he's quite as full of crap this time. I'm decent at sniffing out bad rumors and I'm not seeing too many here.

Quote:
The Chaos Space Marine codex is the only 40k codex for this year. It is not going to be divided into two codexes or anything special. This is not the return 3.5 codex everyone has been wanting this is more a clean up than anything else.
I think this could absolutely be true. Please note that the rumor is that it will not be a return to the 3.5e version.

Quote:
Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
Seems fine.

Quote:
All Cult Marines are Elites
Sounds reasonable.

Quote:
No new Special Characters
I'll agree that this seems unlikely, there has to be upgrade characters and stuff like every other new book, yes?

Quote:
Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on)
Makes perfect sense, will just be irritating for those that would like say a pure Khorne army that isn't led by Kharn, though I suppose that's no different than any other themed army these days.

Quote:
Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies
Seems likely, remember that during the Eye of Terror campaign the Lost and the Damned had rules for Plague Zombies. Fluff-wise the Plague Zombies are a creation of Typhus/Nurgle, as the Terminus Est was sighted numerous times before and during the Plague Zombie outbreaks at the onset of the 13th Crusade. Rules-wise this could easily be represented by giving the Cultists Slow and Purposeful and Feel No Pain just as an example. It'd encourage people to buy zombie kits from the Fantasy range too, which is only a good thing in GW's eyes.

Quote:
Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)
This seems plausible too. He's not talking about literally removing the unit and rendering it unusable, see the example of Pariahs and Lychguard. It's still entirely possible to field your Pariahs as Lychguard in the current Codex and it'll be equally possible to do this with the Dreadnought model. Fluff-wise they may make it that this walker thingy is a Daemon Engine or sometimes even a Chaos Dreadnought so mutated by the warp... yadda yadda. You get it. Insert fluff wand waving here.

Quote:
CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)
This doesn't seem all that unlikely to me - though I'd be surprise if it was literally in the form of a dragon, I can definitely see Chaos armies getting a flyer broadly similar to the Stormraven or Valkyrie called the dragon, and possibly even with a mouth and claws and stuff like most Chaos things have.

Quote:
Lesser and Greater Demons are gone
Sickeningly I can't discount the possibility of this. Since Daemons are a separate force now with their own Codex it's possible we'll see the writers making the two entirely distinct on the tabletop outside of Apocalypse and similar.

Quote:
Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast”
Isn't the Fell Beast that thing the Ring Wraiths ride around on in the Lord of the Rings? Anyway, I can see this happening just as the Pariahs and Lychguard did, similar to how the Dreadnought will work. Say that it's some big Chaos monster, some of which are Chaos Spawn, others mutated animals/xeno creatures, still others created in labs by Fabius Bile or something like that.

Quote:
Rules for Traitor Guard are in!
This seems the least likely of all the rumors to me. Can I see Cultists being given an option to exchange laspistols for lasguns and take special/heavy weapons? Absolutely. A Chimera transport? Maybe, probably not. The addition of Sentinels and Leman Russ Battle tanks and so on? Definitely not. So yeah, Traitor Guard may make an appearance in the form of options for a Cultist unit, but nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
They only did that as it was beneficial to them to. Straight afterwards they went back to kicking each others asses.

I quote "The Silent King reluctantly joined forces with the Blood Angels to defeat a Tyranid Splinter fleet."

Nothing pally about it, just a truce of conveiniance.
Actually, they didn't go back to fighting afterward, hence all the screaming and gnashing of teeth by people that are physically incapable of thinking outside of the box.
post #123 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:27 PM

I can't see Chaos Dreadnaughts being replaced though... other sources (Stickmonkey for instance) have said they're still in and nastier then ever, and they're ones I trust more then BoK.

Also.. from a purly 'fluff' point of view... why would enteral warriors from the warp abbandon their dreadnaughts their legions brought with them, given we're talking entire legions that joined up with chaos for various reasons, that would have taken hundreds of them with them? Afterall we get plenty of chaos terminators used...

And okay, it wasn't a 'Yay, we've defeated the nids, lets go kill the marines!' situation... but the point still is they only teamed up to defeat a greater foe and weren't all sitting around drinking beers afterwards or anything like that.

post #124 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:36 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
I can't see Chaos Dreadnaughts being replaced though... other sources (Stickmonkey for instance) have said they're still in and nastier then ever, and they're ones I trust more then BoK.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Also.. from a purly 'fluff' point of view... why would enteral warriors from the warp abbandon their dreadnaughts their legions brought with them, given we're talking entire legions that joined up with chaos for various reasons, that would have taken hundreds of them with them? Afterall we get plenty of chaos terminators used...
They wouldn't, that's the thing. They take a name (let's call it the Chaos Death Knight for the purposes of this example), attach it to a rough concept (a walking, chaotic vehicle with both guns and close combat weapons) and then fluff excuse it in a way that won't piss anyone off that currently owns a Dreadnought.

So that means that people that buy the new Death Knight fluff-wise have a Daemon Engine created by the Daemon Forges or whatever nonsense, and if you use a Chaos Dreadnought model then your Death Knight is just a Chaos Dreadnought, but they all use the same rules. It's a way of adding a "new" unit to the army (probably with new abilities too) without invalidating any existing models. It's just a way that allows people to have their own interpretation on the unit.

So just because Pariahs aren't in the new Necron book, that doesn't mean that Necrons just stopped using Pariahs. It just means that if you want to take Pariahs you use the Lych Guard rules which is perfectly fine.

Quote:
And okay, it wasn't a 'Yay, we've defeated the nids, lets go kill the marines!' situation... but the point still is they only teamed up to defeat a greater foe and weren't all sitting around drinking beers afterwards or anything like that.
Yeah, that I totally agree with. So many people can't accept it, though. =/

Last edited by Katie Drake; 05-10-12 at 05:39 PM.
post #125 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:46 PM

Okay... fair enough on the chaos dreads... but still seems silly to me to remove them. Pariahs yeah.. they were silly and didn't fit well with the necron theme... Dreads... I just can't see it... but I can see a suplimentation of them with deamon engines...

And I really can't see why people can't accept it. Not really much different in marines and eldar working together like they have before...
post #126 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Pretty in depth look there Katie Drake. Actually out of the rumors we've seen recently the Chaos Marine ones have been the more consistent and going in a single direction than the 6th edition ones have been, though I'm sure I've missed the initial teething problems that led up to this.

Regarding the 6th edition rumors (aside from the quality of the rumors themselves and their sources) I think we're seeing them in a vacuum at the moment and being to haste in giving a knee-jerk reaction to them. I'm abstaining from committing one way or the other on these rumors until we see the actual rulebook because it's too easy to get worked up about rumors that turn out to be exaggerated or incorrect (the Necron HQ choice who wounds all models in a unit that are the same is a good example of this sort of reaction to something that wasn't 100% correct).
post #127 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 06:04 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

Well, those rumors, as weird as some of them are, are better than nothing. I'd rather have wrong rumors than no rumors at all since it at the very least promotes some kind of discussion...

**Insert my usual rant about GW rumors blackout here**

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #128 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 06:32 PM

Now these new rumours are much more believable

Quote:
Okay.. gonna go over the 'New Rumors' from BoK and Tastey *eyerolls*

Doubtful... unless its some kind of 'inqusitorial henchmen' thing.

Given I can write off more then half of that without even thinking, its yet again Tasteytaste crying out for attention. Its utter bollocks from BoK yet again.

With the deamons thing I think they are going to do it because they have their own codex and (certainly for me anyway) I think people prefer to use the deamons codex as they have there own special rules and ranged attacks so are generally better than their CSM codex peers.

I doubt that they would et rid of the CRimson Fists, unless in some odd way the 40K anniversary piece was a last hurah.

I like the idea of hull points because it would make it much more realistic, but it would make things lke gauss the bets value for points anti-vehicle weapon in the game, I would love to see a landraider stroll up to my hoarde of warriors (yes I have somehow made a hoarde in a necron army) and completely annhialate it.

The snap shooting is very fantasy like, and I think it should be a special rule for units which are normally quick like scouts, it would seem to me something which all Tau wuld have.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #129 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 06:48 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
With the deamons thing I think they are going to do it because they have their own codex and (certainly for me anyway) I think people prefer to use the deamons codex as they have there own special rules and ranged attacks so are generally better than their CSM codex peers.
*If* (and only if) they are including rules for allies, it would make perfect sense to move the deamons to their own codex, and have them as allies.

That ties in with fluff.

That makes people buy more books.

That leaves more room in the marine dex to go into cultists etc.

Seems pretty sensible....

I also agree that being allies doesn't have to mean the two forces wont ever fight, or will even like each other. Just a way of modelling fluff. Imperial guard aliiy with Tau, well actually *these guard are Demiurg* etc etc
post #130 of 841 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 07:45 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I can't see Chaos Dreadnaughts being replaced though
Someone "may have" found out about a new model that's been worked on and then gone on to jump to a wild conclusion

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode