New World-Class Gaming Arena: Birmingham - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Default New World-Class Gaming Arena: Birmingham

We are in the planning stages to create a fantastic gaming arena in Birmingham and are running a market survey to lead the direction of our business plan. It would be truly enlightening to hear your views regarding customer service and the frustrations you have as a paying customer; we all know this hobby isn't cheap so we believe that the customer service should reflect that expense. Thank you for your time and support.

You can access the survey here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VGFZbEM4WEE6MQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 01:23 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey, this would be great. I live in Brum and could really do with another games club.

on a side note, have you thought about advertising this at the UK Games expo in Brum next month? You could really get some interest at the expo (i have started a thread in the tournaments section on here if you want more info)

If you wanted an help with gaming arena give me a shout.

Rev
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 01:31 PM
Banned
VanquisherMBT's Flag is: England

Be nice to have more info on what this is all about, what's going to go on there etc, this is very vague

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 10:00 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT View Post
Be nice to have more info on what this is all about, what's going to go on there etc, this is very vague
Well, they are in the planning stages and looking for input. Seems they would take input from gamers and hobbyists to determine the details. In fact, the OP says just that. They want the survey results to dictate how they cater to customers. I love the idea of putting the customer's wants first when designing and developing a gaming arena. If they get results that suggest the majority want 40K battles, I imagine they'll go that way, providing appropriately themed tables and terrain. "Vague" is good when starting out and looking for feedback.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the interest and support. We are planning to cater for both fantasy and sci-fi players. Some of these boards will also have some cross-over into the other genre (say, if you wanted to fight a 40,000 battle on a board representing a feudal world) but to also make each board unique rather than rows of generic green boards with mismatched terrain. Thank you for the information Reverend; if I can push the business plan forward it might be possible to launch at the UK Games expo.
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 12:32 PM

crabpuff's Flag is: USA

Strippers, lots of strippers, nothing says customer service like strippers(only hot ones)

Chaos- Black Legion & Steel Brethren
W:16 D:7 L:9 W:9 D:2 L:5

Eldar Dragon Claws Corsairs
W:16 D:4 L:2

Da Skull Krushaz
W:27 D:2 L:13

Space Wolves
W:14 D:0 L:3
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 01:06 PM
Drinker of tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabpuff View Post
Strippers, lots of strippers, nothing says customer service like strippers(only hot ones)
In 40k cos-play outfits, that would certainly bring in the punters

Depending on how big you are planning to make the place you could base it on Warhammer world; lots of game boards and a refreshments area.

Putting refreshments on sale wouldn't cost too much, the tuck shop I run in my office made 500 profit last year, and that was just from me buying the stuff at the pound shop and selling it 5 or 10p less than the shop across the road (100 staff in the office to give you an idea of the market audience).

As long as you feed the profit back into the business you won't have to pay any tax...

Anyway, like I said, if you need some help give me a shout, I have quite a bit of experience in organising events and things.

Rev
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 01:53 PM
Banned
VanquisherMBT's Flag is: England

I really don't wanna see strippers dressed as space marines, ogryns and ratlings thanks.

Gimme strippers dressed as German panzer captains thank you, with some strippers in French napoleonic uniforms.. skimpy ones
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 02:05 PM

I didn't know Max Mosley played 40K.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 02:19 PM
Drinker of tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT View Post
I really don't wanna see strippers dressed as space marines, ogryns and ratlings thanks.

Gimme strippers dressed as German panzer captains thank you, with some strippers in French napoleonic uniforms.. skimpy ones
I was thinking more Sisters of Battle But I bet Max would like them too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode