New World-Class Gaming Arena: Birmingham - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 05:38 PM

davespil's Flag is: USA

Lets get back to the strippers...

Seriously, I think a few of the GW game boards would be good. You can arrange each of them differently and if they need to be changed its not a big deal. You should also have an area for terain where it is sorrted into different bins. Like city ruins in 1 bin, forest terrain in another. Apocalypse capability is also a must.

Have guns, will travel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 05:44 PM
Banned
VanquisherMBT's Flag is: England

You might want more than 1 "bin" for each, we manage around 15-16 6x4 tables down here quite easily, and trees alone we could easily get through 2-3 very large boxes of them, city terrain we go through loads, and that's including allot more than just 40k and fantasy

You need ALLOT of terrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Yes you did, that is Flames of War's tagline.
Flames of war is not a WWII games, its a GW combination of rules, created by ex GW staff creating a very poor game that poorly represents WWII, its reasons like that (and the poor prices, product quality and continuous release of expensive books constantly adding stupid things to the game) that FOW is utterly forbidden down here

Last edited by VanquisherMBT; 04-27-12 at 05:50 PM.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 05:59 PM
Rattlehead

You can't have a system by which progress is kept track of when all the members are new - there ARE no veterans, NOBODY has yet played a game there.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:04 PM
Banned

Yes you can, by talking to them, asking them to fill in some basic questions, its not hard, just asking how long they have played and style of play is enough to get a basic guide, you then work on it further by observing and talking to the players
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:07 PM
Rattlehead

There's some things called 'lies', implemented by skilled players who want to beat up baby seals.

There's also a thing called 'modesty', which can distort someone's perceptions.

Equally, 'arrogance' can end up with crap players trying to get into the top tables.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:14 PM
Banned

Hence why you only use it as a starting point.

Think of it as a building block, it is a start, you encourage players joining to be honest, if there not it is up to other players and club runners to step in and sort it out, if someone lies you tell them, as a club organizer it is your job to tell them they are not suitable to play against the chosen opponent, and you direct them to somebody more suitable.

If a waac player is beating on an inexperienced new player, speak up and inform somebody, tell an organiser
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:28 PM
Rattlehead

I think that this is on a large enough scale for the paperwork to be tedious by quizzing each and every 'customer' on their skill level. I've no idea how many people Warhammer World turns over every day, but I imagine it's in the hundreds.

Hell, if it's small scale just look at the member list for Gobstyk's on their website (man I wish I could be on that list...).

Midnight

post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:30 PM

Blacksword72's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
Lets get back to the strippers...

Seriously, I think a few of the GW game boards would be good. You can arrange each of them differently and if they need to be changed its not a big deal. You should also have an area for terain where it is sorrted into different bins. Like city ruins in 1 bin, forest terrain in another. Apocalypse capability is also a must.
Strippers, reminds me, members of my gaming club, came up with the suggestion to hold a full-blown 40k game in a strip club....How unique would that be? God, my wife would kill me!!!

But seriously I agree with the above, if you your going to use the GW boards, make sure they are finished and flocked, but most importantly have them sealed with purity seal or any such thing...to many times you get minature sliding down a hill syndrome...A Large selection of terrian is a must so you can do different types mission's games that sort of thing...I don't see alot of players playing planetstrike missions much anymore and the biggest reason I have heard is because of not having the "right" type of terrain. Also a good varity of Terrian will give different game options, ie Necromuda, Warmachine, Legends of the old west ect ect ect
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:34 PM
Banned

Well like I say ours manages it, and we regularly get 30-40 people, and that is actually without paperwork, but it is helped by our local FLGS store owner keeping track of customers himself and informing the club committee of them so they can be looked after properly, the paperwork is just an easier way if combining the two.

And really if you have dedicated hobbyists willing to start this sort of thing up, several people voluntering to look after this paperwork and the players should not he an issue, they should be happy to do so as it shows you want it to be a success
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:38 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah Stella, you might think it's a crap game, but the fact is that it IS a WW2 game, so...

I'd also like to point out you prefer to play with over the 25% recommended terrain amount.

If a cheater is playing an inexperienced newbie as you mention, telling the teacher is not the correct approach - instead, berate the cheat openly for their unacceptable behavior.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode