White Dwarf Cypher Picture - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 02:45 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I am with B&K and Zion. Not to be a negative nelly, but it seems like a great way to get you to buy all the mags in an attempt to glean some sort of insight into a possible future release. It was my understanding that rumors surrounding the DA put them closer to the 6th edition release, which is supposed to be mid-year yes? One then wonders what the point of the spine pic is other than a clever marketing gimick.
My subscription for White Dwarf ends this year, but it's clever enough to make me want to finish picking up the rest of the year just to get the image. Plus spine images look good on your shelf (as my mother's collection of the original Star Trek movies can attest, putting them in order forms a picture of the Enterprise and it looks really neat).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 03:21 PM

Zaphod Beeblebrox's Flag is: Japan

I think you are spot on with your guesswork ^^

Stay hoopy!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I am with B&K and Zion. Not to be a negative nelly, but it seems like a great way to get you to buy all the mags in an attempt to glean some sort of insight into a possible future release. It was my understanding that rumors surrounding the DA put them closer to the 6th edition release, which is supposed to be mid-year yes? One then wonders what the point of the spine pic is other than a clever marketing gimick.
It's a sales technique that doesn't work with me then, as I know full well that people will post the pictures on here and other sites anyway. Meaning I get all the news and images yet still don't need to buy the magazine. Cheap I know, but

Regards,
Jake.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 03:58 PM

alex567's Flag is: Great Britain

Well mabe it's hinting to either a future codex or a new starter box? If they are gonna release a new DA book they'll most likely have the realease date the same saturday as the final issue of white dwarf, so the first saturday in december (or near as damn it), if DA are rumoured to be the 6th ed release then the possibility of a starter box that includes DA may be realeased on this day, mabe a dark angels versus chaos space marines possibility? We may get half way through the sides of white dwarfs and the picture may be split down the middle, showing a heretical side to the dark angels, or fallen angels in black armour? possiblt a cypher picture? This is all just speculation and my ideas.

~alex
"Hate is able to provoke disorders, to ruin a social organization, to cast a country into a period of bloody revolutions; but it produces nothing. "

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 04:00 PM

The issue with that theory is, 6th Ed is due for a summer release (as far as I'm aware).

Regards,
Jake.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 04:11 PM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

Hey,

Why does the picture need to be completed before a possible release of a product. Maybe it really is a marketing ploy to increase hype prior to a new box set release, army book, or just DA product. Coupled with a 40k 25th aniversary special spine picture.

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 04:15 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgeo View Post
Hey,

Why does the picture need to be completed before a possible release of a product. Maybe it really is a marketing ploy to increase hype prior to a new box set release, army book, or just DA product. Coupled with a 40k 25th aniversary special spine picture.

Doc
Because by then you've brought the interest as high as you can. Additionally with Chaos looking like it's next, and 6th Ed in the summer the soonest I'd expect to see DA is towards the end of the year anyways.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-29-12, 04:25 PM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

I hear what you are saying and I guess we will know more this summer. Until then this is just speculation.
Another possibility is it is a build up to the Black Library Ravenwing release in January.

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-12, 12:01 AM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

IMO-this is as well with mates in GWS, that this may possibly be Azrael or a guy with a combi-weapon-As you notice the circle bit of a bolter at the end of the gun

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-12, 05:24 AM

Like I said in the DA rumour thread, it's probably artwork for Azrael. If anyone's going to have a gold combi-plasmagun, it'd be him.

"Oh, they'll never hit us from all the way over th-"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode