Some rumours about the 6th starter from BoK&WS - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Default Some rumours about the 6th starter from BoK&WS

Well didnt see this one here yet so I'll post it up. According to Blood of Kittens the release shedule for 40k will see Dark Angels as a last dex before 6th. This is confirmed buy some of the rumour smiths from WS (which are hereby credited and thanked). The spinal art on the WD seems to say "Dark Angel" to most out there.
Another tibbit that made me go warm and fuzzy though is the fact one of them hinted it wouldnt "only" be Chaos Marines... An educated guess from a poster saying Traitor Guard? Cultist? was met with a wink...
So might we see the return of an actually different Chaos army again? This instead of just a Marine army gone "80's rock-scary-spiky"?

I'm loving it...(copyright mcDonalds)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 06:17 AM

aberson126's Flag is: USA

if the chaos bit is true ill be very very happy

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 06:26 AM

they probably meant it will have daemons in it too guys. probably a set of lesser daemons I would guess to ago along with the csms.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
they probably meant it will have daemons in it too guys. probably a set of lesser daemons I would guess to ago along with the csms.
Nope the guess at Daemons met with a "no". My guesses are either Traitor Guard or Fallen DA which can combine with the other half of the set to make either a CSM army or SM. Kind of a hybrid batallion intro set
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 07:44 AM

Mathai's Flag is: USA

I dont play Chaos, but I for one would like it if they got a new codex that was about as big as the Space Marine 'dex without just being a marine book of evil again. =)

post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:00 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

well I didn't see DA coming, thought it would be Templars. Oh well, hopefullky they'll both get some love in the near (or grim-dark distant) future
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:28 AM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Time for some alpha legion love from GW?

The prospect of cultists is fantastic, lets hope they are robed and DoW style rather than cadians with picklehaus helmets though, It would make sense if the majority of the chaos force is made up of cultists to avoid my concern of a marine vs marine starter set

lets also hope they keep the quantity of stuff thats in AoBR, and don't return to 1 squad each

I would also imagine/ pray that both sides will be icon free so that any marine/ chaos player could add them to their collection with very little problem
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

From a nice Summary over at Warseer posted by Darnok:

We will get Dark Angels and Chaos. There will be a broader emphasis then just CSM. It is mentioned they get a Dreadnought in plastic.
Daemons are ruled out as the added flavour for the Chaos side.

Offcourse credited to Darnok from Warseer (his collected works offcourse credited to the original posters).

My personal take (seeing more and more narrative in the Starter sets these days) would have me strongly guessing that we are going to see some form of Cultists or the likes either for use with some specific missions or the full Codex release of our new CSM dex.

In the grim dorkness of the future there are only dice!
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 10:04 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Until we see photos of the models and a release date im inclined to ignore all this, "the people in the know" told us nids and necrons would be out in Feb but here we are sat on a pile of fine cast LOTR nobody wanted or needs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 10:15 AM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Until we see photos of the models and a release date im inclined to ignore all this, "the people in the know" told us nids and necrons would be out in Feb but here we are sat on a pile of fine cast LOTR nobody wanted or needs.
BITS HAS SPOKEN!

But seriously, I love this sub-forum, according to all the rumour mills from "My great (anonymous) contact" we've established the 6th edition box will contain:

-Dark Angels
-Black Templars
-Chaos
-Tau
-Necron
-'Full' sized forces (par AoBR)
-Squad sized forces (par McGragge)
-Released in February, April AND August!

Honestly, I think we wont know what's going on with 6th till its here.

SIDE NOTE:
My prefered rumours are Marine/DE starter box (Makes sense, 2 Largest selling armies ATOW),

Dark angel RUMOUR has got some strength behind hit, in so much as the "WD Edge enigma"

(Credit to "God.Ra" of Dakka, original thread Here)
Its clearly a "Green" Robed Marine...
Is it info? Is it a WD Novelty?

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode