Some rumours about the 6th starter from BoK&WS - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 07:35 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lets be fair though just, newer codex isn't always a good idea ala nids....

personally I would rather keep a codex that has some issues than have a codex which is just plain awful, the chaos one isn't that bad, its just not chaos 3.5 ed. You want a masterclass on how not to do a codex look at tyranids before chaos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 07:52 PM

jams's Flag is: Wales

i'd be a bit disappointed if the 6th box is an all PA affair as i'm looking forward to some CWE love but it is what it is and moaning on a forum isn't going to change it.

blood of kittens is full of shit though and how what hastings says can be taken as gospel truth i'll never know. the fact that all he ever does is pop up with some enigmatic response that's suggestive that what's been said is coming always irks me.

the best rumour-mongers i found to be closest to the mark are stickmonkey and scryer in the darkness, although scryer's given up posting as all they do on whineseer is flame the crap out of him.

ultimately i'll believe the "rumour" when i see the preorder page/upcoming releases in WD or on GW online. until then i'd keep shovelling the salt onto that ever-growing mound

/rant

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 09:08 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
the best rumour-mongers i found to be closest to the mark are stickmonkey and scryer in the darkness, although scryer's given up posting as all they do on whineseer is flame the crap out of him.

/rant
Seriously... we need to invite all of the rumor guys over here officially, then auto-ban all people who've come from whineseer. Its pathetic how they'll trash someone to death for getting one thing wrong, when they'll have had exclusive after exclusive right for months...

I miss Scryer. He was up there with Stickmonkey and Harry for me.

post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 09:50 PM

DA And Chaos arnt that bad. I mean if you only want to play terminators (DA) or lash princes and oblitorators then look no further. (im being sarcastic) both dexes are hard up for an update. I personally would be happy with ether. loyalist or fallen angels. Robed marines are awesome.

A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. Never forget, never forgive.
It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos... and I will save your soul, even if you die in the process.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 10:04 PM

jams's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Seriously... we need to invite all of the rumor guys over here officially, then auto-ban all people who've come from whineseer. Its pathetic how they'll trash someone to death for getting one thing wrong, when they'll have had exclusive after exclusive right for months...

I miss Scryer. He was up there with Stickmonkey and Harry for me.
QFT

maybe we should all cyber-bully Svaart until he spills the beans about what new goodies he's working on in the mould room

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 11:13 PM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

I really don't see the 6th box containing DA. Marines probably, but having something as specific as DA in the box limits its audience.

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindkates View Post
Dark Angels need some love. They have awesome models, great fluff and always get half assed rules.

We don't even need to get into how bad the Chaos Codex is.

I'm not saying Tau don't need some love but holy shit Chaos and DA are bad.
Out of all those options Tau need it the most. Half their wargear is useless as the rules just do not exist anymore. They also did not get a 2012 FAQ update and only have had 2 models released in CrapCast. Tried to get some broadsides from GW told it was going to take 2-3 weeks The local GW store said they don't stock metal models anymore. Found them at a LGS opened opened them up at the counter and low and behold no metal bits in box GW sales rep said they would be in the US around Feb 12. I have no idea what that means model wise but with all the strange things going around It wouldn't surprise me if they are in the new starter box.
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Well, GW did say they would be doing everything they could to reign in the rumours that surface around important releases. May be this is just another extension of that statement.
Well, that statement was released about three months ago, no? It's been said many a time that GW works three months in advance, so everything up until now was still subject to leaks. We could well be looking at nothing but guesswork and vague speculation from now on.

"Oh, they'll never hit us from all the way over th-"

post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 05:24 PM

Dark_Apostle25's Flag is: Canada

We are all blindfolded victims prisonner of a house made from our undying love and obsession for W40k, and while we are chasing rumours in the darkness, hitting ourselves on each other heads, GW watch from the upstair, smiling and laughing sadistically each time we think we just found the object of our desire, and then that we realise it's just... a pile of shit someone they there a while ago.

The only solution :

Burn down the House
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 07:00 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Apostle25 View Post
We are all blindfolded victims prisonner of a house made from our undying love and obsession for W40k, and while we are chasing rumours in the darkness, hitting ourselves on each other heads, GW watch from the upstair, smiling and laughing sadistically each time we think we just found the object of our desire, and then that we realise it's just... a pile of shit someone they there a while ago.

The only solution :

Burn down the House
Metaphorical overload there.

Well, we can throw the rumours from Ghost21 about a special character in the starter set right down the toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode