Ogre Kingdoms FAQ - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Ogre Kingdoms FAQ

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ember_2011.pdf

I like most of these. Slaughtermasters can wear magic armor, Bruiser BSB with magic banners still get big names, and "Been There, Done That" takes place when you deploy the Maneaters just to name a few of the answers we got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 03:51 PM

Ogres just got better........

My Deceiver is a shard of the true thing and yet has killed
Draigo
Lysander and countless marines
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 04:13 PM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

Nice. That Ironfist thing was weird for Slaughtermasters.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 07:44 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

It is a terrible rule when they say "Yes, Slaughtermasters get armor, but you're cheesy if you do it". Daming with faint praise, I say. Skaven also were updated.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
It is a terrible rule when they say "Yes, Slaughtermasters get armor, but you're cheesy if you do it". Daming with faint praise, I say. Skaven also were updated.
If it was a terrible rule then it would have been shot down but apparently it's not broken to give a Slaughtermaster an armor save (probably because to reliably wound him you start negating armor saves anyways). It really just reads more like Jervis got a little butthurt about not getting his way on this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 02:45 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

The issue actually is there are a lot of armors that give other special abilities. And he dodged the question if it's a shield. So can you have a magic shield and an ironfist, get the specials, and still get the parry save as you have the ironfist which isn't a shield but is armor.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
The issue actually is there are a lot of armors that give other special abilities. And he dodged the question if it's a shield. So can you have a magic shield and an ironfist, get the specials, and still get the parry save as you have the ironfist which isn't a shield but is armor.
Considering the Ironfist looks more like a gauntlet than an actual shield I'd say it's really just a peice of armor that happens to give a parry save. But that's just my interpretation of how it works.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 06:25 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ah, SM great weapon.... thought it very strange that a butcher could have one but that a Sm couldn't, makes me a happy bunny. Still don't think I'll ever give him magic armour though... some things are just wrong, dispite what others may say (like being able to give a SM the armour of destiny instead of the talisman of preservation alongside his ironfist: you've just upped his 6+/4++ to 4+/4++ to a measly 5pts, and can choose other shiny talismans to go with it... ridiculous.

Its quite fun that BSBs can have great names... I might have to look them up again since I had written them off as useless. EG- Mawseeker, which I thought was useful but not great quadrupled in value in this book... but its now not a bad option for a BSB. T6 and you get an instant reroll on that stupidity test and can shove the standard of discipline on the standard. Your BSB instantly becomes Ld9 and pretty damn nails to boot... I might have to get a BSB now instead of taking a small unit of ironguts with discipline to shove in as skragg/SM guard.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode