Sisters of Battle FAQ - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Default Sisters of Battle FAQ

So GW finally put up the SoB FAQ

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...mber_2011.pdf_

FAQs
Q: Can a unit attempt the same Act of Faith more than
once per turn? (White Dwarf,August 2011 Page 94)
A: No.

Before you rage about this one it only applies to Battle Sisters as they are the only ones with an AoF that can be used in multiple phases. So basically if you use it to regroup you can't then use it in the shooting or assault phase to re-roll 1s to hit.

I also believe this means you can't spend another FP to try and use an AoF from which you failed the Faith Test. So if any unit attempts an AoF and fails they may not spend another FP to redo the test. If I'm reading this right then that is a pretty big nerf as it makes AoF even more unreliable.

Acts of Faith are just shit now...

Last updated 10th January 2011......... yeah, this shows just how much they care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 01:41 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Acts of Faith are just shit now...
I am pretty sure they were shit before. AoF became useless as soon as they made them unit specific and not general army special rules. It is my opinion that GW looks at them as the black sheep of the 40k world, something to be tolerated because they just can't get rid of them. Maybe one day we will get a good codex, until then........ <Midge seals his 7500 points of Sisters into their army case while weeping silently.>

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 01:57 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

On the other hand they just made Celestine impossible to truly kill. She can even come back from "remove from the game"!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 02:51 PM

Just a Quick Question what happend to Karamazov ?

I mean is he not a valid HQ for the SoB.

As I can see him in the GK HQ section but not in the SoB one ?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 03:15 PM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

He's an Inquisitor and so has been removed from the Sisters side of things as frankly, he should have never been there in the first place.

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
Just a Quick Question what happend to Karamazov ?

I mean is he not a valid HQ for the SoB.

As I can see him in the GK HQ section but not in the SoB one ?
As Karamazov is a Witch Hunter he has no place in the SoB codex. They merged all the ordos into the GK codex which is the reason he's in it.
There are no longer any WHs in the SoB codex, this leaves us with what else they might throw in there. Will they make it 100% SoB or will they throw something else in there like Arbites as they were in the WH codex but they are not in the GK codex.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 03:51 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Well at least there won't be any more arguments about how Celestine is/isn't an Independent Character. That's about the only good part of all this.

Hopefully the time between now and 6th passes quickly so we can have the Sisters get a proper Codex.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 04:23 PM

Ok, this is confusing for me.

I have always seen Karamazov as part of the SoB i mean SoB are the mllitary part of the WH right ? Who is going to lead them if not the Inquisition. They are the church armed forces are they not ?

Can someone explain this.

And even if you see the artwork of Karamazov , he is surrounded by SoB, repentia and so on.

Karamazov is out of place in the GK by my opinion. The GK are just Brutes without much of thinking process going on. I have always seen Karamazov doing purges with the SoB, but I might be mistaken.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 04:35 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
Ok, this is confusing for me.

I have always seen Karamazov as part of the SoB i mean SoB are the mllitary part of the WH right ? Who is going to lead them if not the Inquisition. They are the church armed forces are they not ?

Can someone explain this.

And even if you see the artwork of Karamazov , he is surrounded by SoB, repentia and so on.

Karamazov is out of place in the GK by my opinion. The GK are just Brutes without much of thinking process going on. I have always seen Karamazov doing purges with the SoB, but I might be mistaken.
There's nothing really to explain. GW figured that Inquisitors should be with the Grey Knights and Sisters should be largely stand alone. That's all there is to it.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 05:26 PM

And seeing as the Sisters outnumber the GKs, fluff wise, it makes sense.

Agreed with Katie on the matter of the Celestine. Probably one of the most irritating set of occurances in 40k right now (across the army spectrum).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode