Sisters of Battle FAQ - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 02:24 PM

Thornin's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know of a player whom uses a black templars template if you like (as I cantthink of a better metaphor) that is a very sucsessfull army. Now I know the fluff and stuff doesnt exactly fit but instead of whining and getting narked about something that GW may never fix play it as a alternative or look for something different as a angle to play. Not only is is for a SoB army effective but he had also included bikes and runs a pentient engine as a dread.

If I find pictures of the bikes he uses its the old VOID bikers converted with the fleur de lys emblem on the front carapace two low mounted bolters painted gloss black with a sister riding upon them weilding swords. It sounds very anime and thats indeed how it looks but hell take GW's ball and run with it and have a better time than some anal GW suit bitching about loosing profit margins.

After squats I do intend on making a SoB army to test ouf my skills. But it doesnt mean that ill use GW's rules (when ever do I )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 02:49 PM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Well, this can't be true if there are a million worlds in the imperium but only 50k sisters of battle
Authors in general can't unto maths.

Either they can't add things up, don't add things up or won't add things up.

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
I'm annoyed they didn't fix that idiotic Penitent Engine misprint. I mean, I assume everyone reads it as 1 with the option of up to 2 more, but that's not what it says and we all know there's someone out there who'll argue the toss about it for three hours.
Perhaps this means squadrons no longer exist in 6E? Has any of the newest codicies had squadrons of any kind? I can't think of anything really since IG with hellhounds etc.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 05:56 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Well, this can't be true if there are a million worlds in the imperium but only 50k sisters of battle

In the least there has to be millions if not billions. At the very least every world with a billion or more guardsmen has to have a few hundred thousand SoB.

I think the developers can't do math basically. They've forgotten how big the 40k universe really is and how many planets the imperium of man occupy. I believe I've read somewhere that the Sisters defend Ecclisarchy churches and important places, the Ecclesiarchy are also amongst the first on new worlds occupied by humans. Even if there was just a single battle sister on each world with some Ecclesiarichal presence there should be hundreds of thousands of SoB.
I think your forgetting just how derp the math skills of GW are, for instance in wars involving millions of combatants on any given world a single marine would have to kill around 1000 people in each battle to contribute anything to the endless waves of city crushing tanks or billion strong waves of gaunts.
SoB are just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to this mathematical failing.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode