ADB dismisses the Ghost - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Default ADB dismisses the Ghost

Im not sure how validity there is in this and wouldn't be all too surprised if this was trully false, so take god LD50 dosage of some salt IMO, I will dig deeper into this as much as possible, but I may find nothing I may be a former analyst, but even we run into trouble in the research department.

Anyway just veiw the article below I provied, it is literally everyone's favorite author completely raggin on ghost 21's rumours that he reports on. He is claiming most of what he says is wrong and complete BS, I find it a lil hgard to believe, because as far as I have seen many of Ghost's rumours are typically on spot with few deviations. Well make your own assumption.

via Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Quote:
The more rumours I check out, the more I see that are clearly false.

"Ghost21" seems to be the one spouting the most nonsense. Whether I was privy to actual Codex rumours or not is pretty irrelevant when there are several points I can flat-out say "Nope" to, in regards to how the IP department explains the fluff to us, and when the rumours are pretending to use characters that the codices are essentially not allowed to touch / wouldn't use without asking us what those characters' fates actually are.

There's even been several people at GDUK this year saying Mat Ward specifically said he's not writing to the Chaos Codex, yet ghost21 insists he is.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up over his rumours.
via ghost21
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what to say to that one... regardless.

If he is who he says he is, why take such a hard ass attitude?

He could friendly say "nope", or "I dont think so" or in fact I invite him to come here and talk it over in PM. I mentioned the red angel and little horus (it could have been some guys conversion but he was fairly confident he would make it ).

And if he says who he says he is, we've actually met at those IP meetings.

oh and one last thing writers are told who dies n who doesn't not the other way around
via Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Quote:
if he is who he says he is why take such a hard ass attitude?

I'm not taking any attitude, really. I'm only pointing out the rumours I know are either false, or exceedingly unlikely to bear fruit.

Bear in mind how anyone in the company hears X or hears Y, from sources A, B and C. I'm not - and will never - share what I have or haven't heard about codex or army book development. Just making that clear. No one in my position would. I don't even hint whether I know anything. I say nothing about it. I like my career and have no interest in losing it.

However, purely as a member of the Heresy team and someone who suckles directly from the core lore sources, some of those rumours are either patently false, or ring hollow with how the IP seems to be presented / was explained to several of us / has been mentioned as being presented in the future.

This is what I said on B&C in my original comments on the subject. Before anything gets out of hand, I'd like to make it clear that I was specifically talking about a couple of points, most notably HH characters in the codex:

"For the record, the Red Angel showing up would surprise me just as much as the separated Renegade/Legion codices, since he's showing up in the Heresy in ways even we've not fully decided yet (we only recently decided who he was), and the IP department are fully aware of it, having been at* the meetings."

(*or privy to)

I'm not making any comment on the other stuff. If I happened to be friends with people at head office and interacted with them professionally and/or personally (which I am, and do) I'd still say nothing. Which is the same thing I'd say if I knew nothing at all. I like my job, hence why I have no interest in risking it.
Purely as an HH writer, I'd be - shall we say - stunned to see certain characters show up in the next Chaos codex, especially when we've only just decided who they are, and their fates aren't decided. That just doesn't strike me as likely.

Here is the link for the source, sorry this Faiet guy never provides a freakin source for his information.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/12/b...ions.html#more

Last edited by Jezlad; 12-09-11 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 05:54 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

I reckon ADB IS Ghost21 and this is all Alpha Legionnaire tactics. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!

*DISCLAIMER* This is a joke. *DISCLAIMER*
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 06:45 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digg40k View Post
I reckon ADB IS Ghost21 and this is all Alpha Legionnaire tactics. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!

*DISCLAIMER* This is a joke. *DISCLAIMER*
No, YOU are Alpha Legion and you're just trying to throw us off by stating the truth then passing it off as a joke! I'm on to you!

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 06:54 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGazer View Post
No, YOU are Alpha Legion and you're just trying to throw us off by stating the truth then passing it off as a joke! I'm on to you!
Wrong. I am Alpharius. I am Legion.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Wrong. I am Alpharius. I am Legion.
Thats impossible Im Alpharius, imposter!

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:11 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
Thats impossible Im Alpharius, imposter!
I am Alpharius. We are all Alpharius.

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:16 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
I am Alpharius. We are all Alpharius.
I am Alpharius, and so is my wife!

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:35 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
I am Alpharius, and so is my wife!
Oddly enough so are my friends. and my dog. and my car!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:36 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
Oddly enough so are my friends. and my dog. and my car!
... And my cat...

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:41 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

Quote:
... And my cat...

And my axe!

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode