Necron FAQ Soonish? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-11, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Default Necron FAQ Soonish?

I was just checking GW's site and it seems like the old Necron FAQ and Errata file has been pulled sometime in the past couple days. May be just to avoid confusion with the new rules or may be that the new FAQ is almost ready to go up. Only time will tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-11, 07:54 AM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

Well with the new codex the old FAQ would be rather pointless to clarify rules that don't exist. And you can't have Frequently Asked Questions when they are only recently asked.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 06:56 PM

Though I don't believe that there will be a necron FAQ any time soon, it does amuse me that GWS fans trust the rules writers so little that they expect an FAQ to clarify problems only 1 month after the release.

In my opinion, it would be nice if there had to be new codices released before there are problems with a codex just released. However, I remember when I first read the newcrondex and though some of the things were written a little bit ambiguously. I think if a rule appears ambiguous to a fan upon the first read, they should take that rule into question. I also always wonder if some things are lost in translation because I'm American, but I would like to think that it's not a problem.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-11, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Though I don't believe that there will be a necron FAQ any time soon, it does amuse me that GWS fans trust the rules writers so little that they expect an FAQ to clarify problems only 1 month after the release.

In my opinion, it would be nice if there had to be new codices released before there are problems with a codex just released. However, I remember when I first read the newcrondex and though some of the things were written a little bit ambiguously. I think if a rule appears ambiguous to a fan upon the first read, they should take that rule into question. I also always wonder if some things are lost in translation because I'm American, but I would like to think that it's not a problem.

Well you hit the nail on the head. If someone can, upon first reading the codex, immediately spot errors and ambiguity like you and I did then it doesn't exactly lend the writers any credibility.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 10:29 AM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
^this, give it time for the dust to clear, they'l be at least an FAQ soon,

Errata, can't tell as this MAY have been written with 6th in mind, like ork & chaos were for 4th/5th

Also, you just got sigged!

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 10:54 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

do we have any examples of ambiguous rules in the cron dex?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Doom Scythes death ray ability (p.50).
"To fire the death ray, nominate a point on the battlefield anywhere within the weapon's range, then nominate a second point within 3d6" of the first. Then, draw a straight line between the two points. Every unit (friendly or enemy) underneath the line suffers a number of hits equal to the number of models in the unit underneath the line."

I can see this as taken two ways: for example, tac squad 1 has 10 models, 2 are struck by the death ray line. Does is take 10 hits (as could be seen by a literal reading of "number of hitd equal to the number of models in the unit underneath the line) or just the 2 models (as the models underneath the line).
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 11:02 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
this, what are these vague fuck ups?

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 11:08 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callistarius View Post
Doom Scythes death ray ability (p.50).
"To fire the death ray, nominate a point on the battlefield anywhere within the weapon's range, then nominate a second point within 3d6" of the first. Then, draw a straight line between the two points. Every unit (friendly or enemy) underneath the line suffers a number of hits equal to the number of models in the unit underneath the line."

I can see this as taken two ways: for example, tac squad 1 has 10 models, 2 are struck by the death ray line. Does is take 10 hits (as could be seen by a literal reading of "number of hitd equal to the number of models in the unit underneath the line) or just the 2 models (as the models underneath the line).
nothing vague about that rule, tac squad gets 10 hits,it never mentions anything about the number of models touched by the line. clearly states "equal to the number of models in the unit"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 11:28 AM

Quote:
nothing vague about that rule, tac squad gets 10 hits,it never mentions anything about the number of models touched by the line. clearly states "equal to the number of models in the unit"
Erm except you are flat wrong.

The rule

Quote:
To Fire the death ray,.....

...Every unit (friendly or enemy) underneath the line suffers a number of hits equal to the number of models in the unit underneath the line.
It doesn't just vaporise whole units, you would have to be truly derpy to think that. Use your big boy reading skills and the truth becomes apparent, hits equal to the number of models in the unit under the line, not the number of models in the unit. Hurrrrrr.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode